Aussie KLE owners

Discussion in 'Australia' started by MadGalah, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Link supplied by doc_au:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=24627.0

Looks awesome!
  2. althasaur

althasaur who sells kle 500 parts?

Oddometer:
    photobucket will also host the photos..
  3. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
  4. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    :evil :evil :evil

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CnEYhExAXc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CnEYhExAXc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  5. Keater

Keater Live to play!!!

Oddometer:
    G'day all I've been in hidding! I've now got some Renthal bars, bar risers and fitted and bark busters:clap feel heaps better than the stockos.
    My trip up the coast was fun, still nervous as hell in soft sand but the 606's love it. I'm going back to crappy roadies next though as it's nearly always on the road and the 606's are shit for that. the old girls in the shop at the moment as she died of some fuel issue:dunno even though it's under warranty period still, they reckon it wont be covered:fight see how it goes on monday???
  6. Oaka

Oaka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anybody fitted an inline fuel filter on their KLE?
  7. Keater

Keater Live to play!!!

Oddometer:
    Well I got the bike back after forking over $260:huh not happy. Because the needle is a consumable part they wont cover in the warranty. They replaced them and cleaned the carby out (By the way this is a cheap price as the manager [who I bought the bike off] ripped it up the mechanic for not telling me saturday the bikes not ready). So much for only putting premium fuel in and at 11500ks new needles Grrrrr. As for inline filters the tap mechanism has a fine filter in it but obviously not good enough! Lets just hope i dont have to do that every 11k??? Anyone else had this issue?
    Hard to trust good fuel now!!!!
  8. KLEaner

KLEaner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Keater old son!!

Hot tip - Just use plain old 91 octane unleaded....

Had only 2 tanks of Premium thru mine in 44,000km - trouble free thus far - Mudgee Kawasaki mechs told me "....stay away from the Premium and the E10..." Gonna send the rebuild bill to the NSW State Govt sometime in 2011-2012 when the old girl gives out 'cause I can't buy anything but PULP or E10+ after 2011... feckers!!
  9. MadGalah

MadGalah To infinity and beyond oh and ride hard

Oddometer:
    Since the tax man is so kind to me every year I thought it time to purchase my pannier rack.
    Ordered my Hepco and Becker rack. Only problem is it will be about a 4-6 week wait.
    Bike is also booked in for a new fresh set of 606's in the morning.

Thank you ATO..haha
  10. MadGalah

Oddometer:
    got the new shoes..no drama's...

well I also put it in for it's 24,000 k service...what a shock...turns out that the carbies were all out of whack, as with the (insert massive brain fart here) alignment was all out.

While it was in I got them to do the chain and sprokets....apparently the front sproket on it was far to big and they needed a pulley thingy ma jiggy to get it off..the mech reckons they would have needed a hammer to get in on in the first place. Just wanted a stock standard normal chain and ended up with a racing chain...hahahaha, like I need a racing chain on the KLE.

With all that done I thought she was sweet to go...pulled out and found as soon as the revs got up to the 5g mark she wouldn't rev any higher...this happened all the way home. After I got it home I went for a spin to the bottle shop and tried my mates way of fixing shit...give it a fistful..didn't work on the way home but this time it still was a little groggy round the 5k mark but pusehed through and revved higher...take it back in the morning and get them to take a quick look.
  11. Oaka

Oaka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear your KLE is still giving trouble after all that work, MadGalah. Mine is currently hanging from the roof in the shed as I have pulled the rear shock and sent it away for a new spring and revalve.:eek1
  12. MadGalah

Oddometer:
    Took it for a run yesterday morning before deciding on taking it back..well she ran fine..may have just been some gunk in the fuel line or something.

Yeah my brain fart in my last post was for the valves.

Good luck with yours Oaka
  13. KLEaner

KLEaner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just clocked over 46,000 on mine - still no major dramas as yet, although the bash plate has taken a hiding and all the mounts are bent and the sump plug is protruding markedly through its hole... Was thinking that spark plugs may be in order as they were changed around 10,000km.

Next service will be back at Mudgee Kawasaki, have been a tightarse with the past two, just an oil change and new filter. Must get around to washing it too, 10,000km since the last one... :lol3

Cheers
    Ian
  14. Oaka

Oaka Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Shock is rebuilt + new spring, put them back on the bike yesterday (fitted new gel battery while I was there) and went riding on my favourite tracks, rocks lumps, deep sand. Great fun and made it up the hill which had always defeated me in the past. New dog bones (tie rods) nearly finished!:clap
  15. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    woohoo, built in vic !!!!!

[​IMG]
  16. Hytram

Hytram crash test dummy

Oddometer:
    know any details of that KLE650?
  17. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
  18. MadGalah

Oddometer:
    H&B pannier racks arrived today...fit them on the weekend, then I might give them a try the following weekend.
  19. MadGalah

Oddometer:
    Fitted the racks, probably not as per the manufacturer had intended. Never the less they are on and sturdy.
    Also upgraded the Garmin bracket tothe RAM bracket.

So now the list is pretty much complete to be self sufficient on weekends away and longer.

DriRider soft panniers'
    H&B pannier rack,
    50ltr rear bag,
    DriRider tank bag,
    Ram GPS bracket to go with the 60Cx (just need to insatll a 12v socket)
  20. KLEaner

KLEaner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK KLE Blokes,

Have just come up for the 48,000km service - which is a pretty major one for all concerned. Basically it is time to tear everything (except the very reliable motor!) down.

I have just done mine and found the rear suspension linkages (rocker arm etc.) in dire need of lube; So bad in fact that I installed grease nipples to all the bits that need grease and I could not be shagged pullling off again until there is no other option...

My findings were less than impressive - SFA grease in any rear suspension componentry that I could find - you have been warned...

Regards