The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mr moto, Feb 9, 2008.

1. olie

olie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Internet...where people use the fingers instead of the wallet... :)
  2. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any time you want to give me an interest free loan Olie, You can. :deal
  3. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:
    ~

Ya' know, Graham...

I'm a Texan, and proud of it. I think it's a great state, and a wonderful place to live. And in my lifetime I've had the privilege of getting to know quite a few folks from Australia and New Zealand, and I've always thought they were the people most like Texans I had ever run across from other countries, and as such I've liked every one of them I've encountered.

As such I feel compelled to apologize for ol' Olie, He says he's from Austin, but I find it hard to believe he's a true Texan. I really don't understand his animosity continually displayed repeatedly on the Super Tenere threads. it's funny, too, because I used to own an '07 Aprilia Tuono. One apparently a lot tricker than his, so I can't understand his weird, narcissistic tendency to post his bikes, his cars, and even the most mundane of mods in his signature... Geez, he posts spring changes to his Aprilia? Wooooo-Hoooooo!!! :lol3

What is up with that, Olie? Do you somehow think changing the countershaft sprocket on your Tuono, or putting a carbon hugger on your C-14 is really of *ANY* interest whatsoever to anyone else here? And your 'Vette? What's up with that? Who cares? :gdog

Anyway, Graham... You just keep on posting away. Remember, Olie doesn't have a Super Tenere, either, yet he posts in these S-10 threads. In fact, he's got a pretty mundane quiver, so maybe his wallet isn't so big, eh? And he's not like most Texans. If you ever come on over to Texas I'll show you what I mean. I'll show you some great roads, you'll meet some great people, hear some good music, drink some good beer & eat some good food, and hell, you're welcome to even ride one of my bikes.

Just don't let Olie give you a bad impression about Texans. Trust me, he's not like the rest of us! :D

Dallara

~
  4. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I ever get over there Dallara, I'll take you up on that. My shout.

And the same if you are ever over here. :freaky
  5. olie

olie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Woow, you made me laugh !! ...and yes, Austin is a jewel, a blueberry, not tomato soup.

About not having a S10, you can say that AFTER they will be here for sale in Texas. I will make a decision then, but for now it is still in my agenda.
  6. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    In steady-state cruising on straight/level roads, GPS speed readings are typically extremely accurate, within a fraction of a percent. There are some errors that creep in with varying speeds and undulating road conditions, but they're usually quite small.

The speedo on the motorcycle OTOH, is usually biased to read high, typically 5% or so.

- Mark
  7. Dallara

Oddometer:
    ~

'Til then, oddly enough you're just one of those who "use the fingers instead of the wallet", right?

You do have a Super Tenere on order, right? Or are your fingers just flailing away hopefully? Can't wait to see how much you adjust your preload in your sig line... :lol3

Dallara

~
  8. Bundu

Bundu KTM 1290SA

Oddometer:
    S10 reads about 9% high - i.e. GPS speed=130km/h; S10 displays=142km/h
  9. warnabrother

warnabrother .. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer:
    :clap
  10. SuperCruise

SuperCruise Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's about bloody time you got your butt on an S10 :clap

Glad you enjoyed it. At least you went back home on your Strom without having hocked it against a new S10. I was not so strong. :lol3
  11. olie

olie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know better not to sign blank checks. As I said previously, I am in contact with a dealer as they have a few cancellations. Oh, I am very proud of my bikes, so I like to show them in my sig. No reason to hide them... same for my American car.

I understand I am somehat biased torwards Aprilia. OTOH, I like to see the underdog beating the big dogs...
  12. Dallara

Oddometer:
    ~

So, despite your hypocritical attempt to insult him, you are *EXACTLY* like GrahamD?

And who, exactly, wrote "blank checks" for their PDP Super Tenere's?

I'm proud of all my bikes, both the foreign and the American. And my American cars, too. No doubt everyone here is proud of their vehicles. Doesn't mean you see folks listing minor sprocket and spring changes, etc.

But hey, to each his own. I just hope you're careful around all those mirrors around your house. :evil

Dallara

~
  13. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :eek1 :lol3
  14. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't you have some waffles to eat?...pretty cultured, aint I? :D Stop bugging us poor slobs that need to save our duckets first :1drink

Ride less (no Tenere) = more time to post. :deal
  15. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    The discussion about the Highway Dirtbike's Ultimate Handguards--have they actually been fitted? What's the coverage like for weather?

I just sold a Triumph Tiger (06) and The hand protection was fantastic!! So...just thinking, how's the stockers compared to the HDB Ultimates?

I'm thinking hard now about those upgrades, and in paricular, the build steps for each...nothing against the fart huffing and dick measuring that goes on...but you know...just asking anyone done 'em yet?
  16. dcstrom

dcstrom Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. Rema in Paluda

Rema in Paluda Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Whoa an On-Topic posting hidden in a amarican barbrawl.

The standard grushguards are excelent even keep the hands dry, the most used function of them.
  18. Dallara

Oddometer:
    ~

Take a look at this thread here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679142

Chadx has a great relationship with Paul at HDB, and if you look later in the thread you'll see there is another 15% off coupon going on right now for HDB products.

Dallara

~
  19. DeadRider

DeadRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bundu...ok, then max freeway speed is 130km/hr (real 120 km/hr)

Bye

Jc
  20. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Supporter

Oddometer:
    I sent you a PM regarding the GPS mount, can you tell us if it is available