The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't be worried. BMW is not a "Mickey-Mouse" type of company, should something (and I doubt it) be wrong they will/have to fix it anyways.
  2. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Better to buy after the fix because BMW usually quietly just changes specs without recalling the earlier problematic parts, like the self-destructing forks on the F650GS made from 2000 to mid-2003.
  3. I GS 1

I GS 1 I 90S I

Oddometer:
    If you have access to the video footage of that jump we would love to see it. Especially off that ramp. It should be available as the rest of the "One World. One R 1200 GS" tour is being covered with both stills and video.
  4. Montauk

Montauk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Like they handled Final Drive :rofl
  5. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    Why so sarcastic?
    Watch this :D

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IcXAdr1yrZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IcXAdr1yrZ4
  6. steelerider

steelerider Southafricanamerican

Oddometer:
    For all you guys carrying on about the whole apparent "headshake" issue....you don't know shit.
    These days, there's no way any sane major OEM would knowingly, willingly put a bike with a steering / chassis problem the market. 30 Years ago maybe, but with the liability involved today, I just can't see it. The lawsuits could potentially bankrupt a large enough company. They'd be crazy to do it. You think BMW doesn't completely cover their ass when they test it? Also, pushing any bike (in the dirt) stupid and hard enough can generate a tank slapper.
  7. TuonoBiker

TuonoBiker Long timer

Oddometer:

+1
  8. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:

I agree, those liars writing for Bike, motorcycle.com, canadamotoguide and motociclismo just made all this stuff up.

What gets my goat is that they were such ungrateful bastards as well. After all, BMW paid for them all to go on this trip, paid for their petrol and even took them to dinner.

The Bike guy in particular we should never attend to again. That hammer he used to bust off the steering stop, he must have packed in his luggage, and then smuggled it onto the ride in a bum bag or something. Premeditated sabotage of BMW's hard-earned reputation. What cheek! What has BMW done to him?

:lol3:lol3:lol3
  9. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    At 52 seconds..."we've had a problem with your bike and are just putting the driveshaft back together now" :eek1
  10. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree. It's a conspiracy.

There are people conspiring I tell ya! :wink:
  11. Bazgab

Bazgab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought he was just messing with him when he made that comment in the video, maybe I read him wrong?
  12. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    Oh...haha, I hope so. I was surprised to see it in the video if indeed they had a problem, so you may be right.
  13. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don’t do one. Classic movie quote :deal
  14. I GS 1

I GS 1 I 90S I

Oddometer:
    I know we were kidding him about final drives and splines when we met up with them in Christchurch
  15. Gros Buck

Gros Buck Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer:
    I sat on it today ... :deal

[​IMG]

It feels like we sit 2 inches backward compared to the previous model. Instrument cluster looks further towards the front.

There's a 1/8" bleading hole on the left hand side of the motor in case water pump's seal fails.

Looks realy promising.

Paul Jr 8
  16. Bikeaddict

Bikeaddict Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer:
    +1
  17. Bikeaddict

Bikeaddict Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer:
    You know, one can always buy a Multistrada or a KTM or a Triumph Explorer. It doesnt have to be the GS monicker (GS = Great Shakes :D )
  18. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stop being so negative....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l3fZuW-aJsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  19. Baluchon

Baluchon Adventurer

Oddometer:

Sorry to disapoint, but this is NOT a stunt; This is just fun testing by a normal enthusiast guy. Nothing more.
    That was my first hour of testing the bike on the edge of the Mekong River, in Vientiane - LAOS, the day before Alessio arrive...
  20. Baluchon

Baluchon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Then you don't have sense of humour... That my way of being. Joking of everything. Pretending the 2 bikes fall off the truck...

But well, I think I loose my time here trying to share fun experience...

Cheers