Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. rcompton

rcompton I am not Iron Man

Oddometer:

the issue then is the placement of the knee armor: Can it be adjustable enough to accommodate everyone? I know the Olympia stuff comes long, but the armor adjustment seems limited to me...
  2. El Birdo

El Birdo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't like it. I'm lazy....plus I'm a normal size person so I never get stuff tailored. If you offered it ONLY this way I would have sadly bought a Joe Rocket.....remember I'm lazy.

And since you didn't offer that way I'm SUPER excited to get my suit......any day now.
  3. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    the knee armor would be fully adjustable with a WIDEEEEE range

birdo - yes its out of customs so should be there soon :)

avc - well the customization is also imp for people who want torso, sleeve or other adjustments so it will still have its place there. However, inseam adjustment is our most request feature so a lot people should be covered this way.
  4. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I realize the custom will always have its place...but how about a tiered approach to the custom sizing? Frankly, I want one of your suits. However, I am positive the legs will be 2" too long (you confirmed this in email). I don't want to spend an extra 1/3 the cost just to get the legs shortened. If it was $30 (approx 10% of the cost) or less I would jump on it.

Short sizing is very common once you get into pants/full suits.

BTW: I am not trying to criticize or come down hard on you, I have read this whole thread and you are always asking for improvements. I know you added "tall" sizing from all the feedback, I am just hoping enough people like me want "short" sizes.
    ac
  6. El Birdo

El Birdo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Apparently in Thailand you can now get your legs lengthened by 1.5". This could solve your "short leg syndrome......:lol3 Just teasing....:lol3
  7. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would say it isn't a great idea. I know Olympia offers all their pants with "EZ-HEM" legs. I know of too many people who tried them on and were confused that they were so long!

Not all local tailors/seamstresses have a machine/thread heavy duty enough to do multiple layers of nylon/polyester and velcro. I had a local seamstress alter my Olympia Airglide pants, and I could tell that she had trouble with thread snapping.

Plus, if you went this route, you would screw the majority of your demographic because they would be forced to shorten the legs. Unless you are talking about offering sizes other than regular in this manner. A much more creative way was done by JR on their WOMEN's Ballistic pants, which uses rows of snaps to take in the hem.
  8. cccbarkbuster

cccbarkbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like everyones talking about short sizes while I was trying on 2 different size suits this week. Hope my suit made the order cutoff for 4-5 weeks instead of 6-8. Tried a 2xl and an xl. xl fits the body but still needed shorter sleeves and inseam with a looser collar. Definitely a short size candidate. Thanks for the trail suits Ghazi. Any updates going into this batch?
  9. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    ok so from the few comments (i say few because i am sure there are a lot more opinions out there that have not been stated yet), i am thinking something like this:

have two versions. one regular size and one unfinished size.
    for those seeking a short/tall inseam, get the unfinished size, otherwise get the regular sizing.

watdya think?
  10. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    I crash tested my Lombard today. Thread here. Following that my suggestion for and improvement would be to include hip armor or at least pockets for them in the suit.

Suit held up just fine with no apparent damage. So two thumbs up for that!
  11. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eh, better, but a short size would be perfect. Since you already offer tall, and the suits are made to order, is it that big of an issue? I would imagine you have standard templates with your manufacturer. Maybe you could just add the short templates with them and sell them by special order only?

I am interested in both the Lombard and Mojave, but again, $200 on a $500 order is significant in principle.

ac
  12. P B G

P B G Long timer

Oddometer:
    I vote unfinished but include some matching thread.
  13. cccbarkbuster

cccbarkbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    after trying on the 2nd suit I tried checking out the phantom by olympia. I watched the vidieo for that suit on u tube and thought the venting systwm seemed pretty good. then I tried finding someone who carried one around here.Nobody! They don`t do internet orders either.That suit has the universal lengths to accomidate short folks but to hard to do buisness with so I`m happy waiting for my hi-vz orange lombard . I hope it fits in the trunk of my buell or the saddlebag cause I didn`t think to see if it would when I had one.Hate to have to lug it to my locker @ work :huh
  14. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ Try RevZilla for Olympia gear.
  15. Trophy Mike

Trophy Mike w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer:
    Recent faceplanter confirms no hip armor in the Lombard. Really?
  16. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ghazi I know the suits are made overseas, but do you offer any kind of repair service state side. I blew out another one of the zippers (leg vent) this time. For those viewing it is a V1 suit and the zippers have been changed on to w2k, I believe for any suit you order now.
    Getting someone to work on it around here is like pulling teeth. I was wondering if I could send it back to have the zipper repaired.
    Thanks
  17. Shatrat

Shatrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guy with competing vendor in sig makes snide remark. Really?
  18. Trophy Mike

Trophy Mike w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer:
    We don't sell $289 one-piece riding suits. But if this manufacturer wants to establish a dealer network or contribute in a meaningful way to the protective gear market it would behoove them to justify this detail or lack thereof.
  19. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579800

The above thread in Faceplant is where Trophy Mike makes his comments on the Teiz suit. Other posts in that same thread point out that the Aerostitch Roadcrafter and Darien do not come standard with hip armor. My Olympia Phantom does: two small pieces of closed-cell foam.
  20. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    hip armor: i think hip armor is probably a good addition in the next version of the suit if we can still meet our price points.

contribute in a meaningful way: i think making riding suits so affordable for everyone is a quite meaningful contribution.

rockinrog: unfortunately repairs services are offered at the moment. however, if you are facing issues with zippers, please open a support case and i will send you the replacement parts and we can discuss repair options.

navychief: feel better soon and glad that damage was not major. will definitely take your feedback into account.

el_birdo / short sizes: your point does make sense and $200 in custom fees does seem high. Please ask other people you know with the same problem to comment on this forum and we will definitely try to see if we can add short sizes to our regular size selection. i personally like the idea of offering two inseam (one finished regular size, one with longer unfinished seam for custom fit)

Thanks