GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    Re shipping, when ordering from the website
    they have this very cool little box that you can check off that says
    is this a gift?

check it
    I saw no fees
    and I am in the Great White North
  2. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We'll continue to support the crew here at ADVRIDER! We are grateful for your feedback, communication and support. Always welcome to e-mail us directly: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com.

EditorsChoice2011-Campers Life.jpg

Release - Camping Life Magazine - April 07, 2011
    – Every year we see hundreds of examples of new camping equipment — from stoves to footwear and everything in between. Some new gear really wows us, while some leaves us wondering why the manufacturer even bothered, and it seems as if we’re getting more selective than ever before. It’s not that there isn’t a lot of great gear out there, but this list should be reserved for our favorites — the few things that stuck with us months after we examined or tested them. So here they are — the 2011 Camping Life Editor’s Choice Award Winners.

GEIGERRIG HYDRATION PACKS

Click Here to Visit GEIGERRIG
    Camping Life "Gear of the Year" Article is Available To View and Read Under "News" on GEIGERRIG Homepage at www.GEIGERRIG.com
  3. swinada

swinada Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I orderd my engine a couple weeks ago. I received the filter beginning of this week per USPS to northern BC. I'm still waiting for the 3lt engine....hope it still shows up. I received some fedex shipping info from Alpinesports, but I'm not sure if that was regarding this order since it does not state what was shipped. Besides that the tracking number provided in that Alpinesports e-mail was for an item going to Texas. i also received the "delivered to texas" notification 2 days later. So i hope my pack is still on the way somewhere and wasnt delivered to someone (Travis Butler) in Texas by accident.
  4. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like we need to do some quick investigating and get this fixed for you. We sent you a PM with a request for some information. Please send it to bob@hubcityoutdoor.com, and we'll get right on it. We'll resolve this in minutes, I'm sure.

GEIGERRIG

5. Winkelfinger

Winkelfinger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Folks
    well, this sounds to good to be true, or rather too good to miss :evil
    How do you handle payment/shipment to Europe? Will be a loooooong summer in the Alps, and I don´t want to die of thirst .....

Thanx in advance for replying.
  6. OCDKen

OCDKen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I told you I was a n00b with hydration packs... Bob wrote me this morning to clarify my mis-understanding about the placement of the internal hard plate (I had it backwards).

Per Bob:
    "One thing to note about the hard plate in the back. That was designed to go between the hydration engine and the back panel of the pack that rests against your back. The reason for this is to keep the pack laying flat on your back even after you pressurize the system. (Stops the pack from "rounding out" across your back when pressurized.) It also serves as a bit of additional body armor for mountain bikers. "

Ok then, I did not think of that. Record is now set straight and I'm a little smarter. That makes it a good day.

Thanks again Bob for such incredible customer service. You got me the answer to a question I didn't know I had, before I knew I didn't know as much yesterday as I thought I knew. Or something like that... Thanks!
  7. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    You might want to contact directly to see if his dealer ships to Europe.

bob@hubcityoutdoor.com
  8. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ADV Crew,

We welcome the opportunity to work with our retailers to fulfill orders internationally. We work with our retail dealers to make sure that these orders are fulfilled and that they get shipped around the world in accordance with the specific shipping requests of the customer. All that we recommend is that if you have any specific shipping requests, please clearly note them in the remarks section of your order.

If there are any problems with an international order, you will be notified prior to shipping so that you can make an informed decision. (And, you won't be billed prior to shipping.) If you run into a significant surprise, we do everything we can to take care of you and to leave you with a good experience.

All we ask is that you communicate directly with us so that we can work with you and help.

Always feel free to shoot us an e-mail with any question you may have: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com. If you would like us to phone you, just send your phone number, and we'll do that too. After all, sometimes phone conversations are required....or just preferred.

In the end... you will be treated fairly.

You guys here at ADV Rider have all be so cool to communicate with.

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
    GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs

9. Old Blue

Old Blue Shallow waterman

Oddometer:
    Well, heck. The Kool-Aid looked good and smelled good, so I have taken my first sip and ordered a rig:eek1

Can't wait to get it:D. Should be just in time for the start of hot weather:clap
  10. B.C.Biker

B.C.Biker mighty fine

Oddometer:
    Would have commented sooner but haven't had internet access. Mr.Geiger took care of my shipping request right away.Responded with an e-mail and follow up phone call. Just put my request in the space provided at the final check out. Great old fashioned service like that is rare indeed, he must of had good parents. Wish his company made motorcycles !
  11. vagabondtx

vagabondtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welp, my citrus Rig 500 showed up much quicker than I anticipated. Ordered Sunday I believe and it was sitting on my porch Wednesday when I got home from work. Quality seems great. I must admit some disappointment from the "Made in China" tag inside the bag, but it feels a lot stronger than other items carrying the same tag. Everything seems to be going that way these days...

The bladder feels VERY tough and durable - I have the feeling it'll live up to quite a bit of abuse, and operating everything is dead-simple.

I purchased a 3L engine as well since it gets hot and humid down here. It fits in the bag just fine, but seems a little "long" for the built-in hanger. Confession - I haven't filled up the bladder yet and tried to fit it, so maybe that is a non-issue.

Obligatory crappy cell-phone pictures :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside pockets -

[​IMG]

2L engine that came with it

[​IMG]

The internal hanger for the engine

[​IMG]

(Very blurry picture of) the "back" of the engine - thick material here

[​IMG]

2L vs 3L engines

[​IMG]
  12. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone have inside shots of the 1200? I'm thinking about the 1200 camo.
  13. igormortis

igormortis Cafe Reise

Oddometer:
    Can anyone post the dimensions of the 2l and 3l bladders please?
  14. swinada

swinada Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GREATEST SERVICE EVER, THANK YOU BOB!
    So for all of you Canadians outthere, packages will arrive safely in Canada too, was shipped to my PO Box per USPS no problem. It took a little longer then anticipated but it did arrive. the filter arrived on Monday the Hydration pack on Thursday, so about 2 weeks to Northern BC. (remote location everything takes longer to us)
    Bob was great with his help and service, he was ready to deploy another one but the original order just came in time.
    I have not tried the rig out yet as we are still battling with snow up here, but better days have to come.

15. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2L - 7 inches wide by 12 inches long

3L - 7 inches wide by 16.5 inches long
  16. igormortis

igormortis Cafe Reise

Oddometer:
    Great, thank you!
  17. Serp

Serp Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered my 2 litre hydration engine yesterday. Going to try it in the backpack I have and in a tankbag.

I like Geigerrig's website - clean and easy to navigate around.
  18. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    any idea how long the filter lasts, (how many times can you "use" it)?
  19. JDLuke

JDLuke Ravening for delight

Oddometer:
    The claim is 50 gallons, but that's obviously going to be a bit variable depending on what kind of muck you're pushing through it. According to what I've read, when it starts restricting flow it's time to change the thing.
  20. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey ADV Crew...

Specs and FAQs for GEIGERRIG Filter (click below)

FILTER SPECS AND FAQs (click here)

In-Line Filter.jpg

Have a great day! Enjoying all of the stories and communication that we get to have with you guys. Lots of fun being had out there!!!