AR-NWA Photo Tag by the Numbers

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by TRZ Charlie, Dec 16, 2013.

1. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    AR-NWA Photo Tag By The Numbers (also known as "The Worst Game Ever")

This photo tag is based on consecutive numbering. Anyone, anywhere can play. If you can count you can play but if you can't read the rules or choose to ignore them you are screwed. When you run outta fingers and toes or if you failed 1st grade reading class then you are S.O.L. Don't be a dick, got it?

Rules - Read them, if you can't read ask somebody who can read to read them to you, don't be a dick, got it?

1. - Your tag can be obtained from anywhere but you must comply with the rules below. No cheating, this is meant to be a friendly game for both street and dirt riders to play. Be nice, don't be a dick!

2. - You may obtain only ONE number tag at a time. Meaning, if you get #1 you may not play again until someone other than you gets #2 (see rule #5 for clarification).

3. - This game is self policing and we will control being "Bruced" (delay of game doesn't exist in this tag because we are looking for sequential numbers but an improper picture will get you "Bruced" giving someone else a chance at that number) by looking at the time and date the photo is posted into the thread at the top left of each individual thread post. Earliest time wins, period. If two posts (I've seen this happen on ADV) are posted at the same exact time (ADV doesn't post the time including seconds) then the first post in succession wins. If the picture does not show only the number in sequence or if your motorized two wheel conveyance isn't present in the picture you are officially "Bruced" and that number is up for grabs again.

4. - No photo shops allowed. Come on...this is a friendly game that you are playing along with friends and other riders. Play like an adult and don't be a dick. Got it?

5. - Please do not take additional sequential pictures for your personal stash. This is a meant to be a friendly game played by the rules with YOUR friends and fellow riders. Don't be a dick!, got it?

Example: You go out for #1 but also see #2 and #3. Don't take all three pictures at once just sit on them and post them once your stashed photo numbers come up in the sequence. Remember, you are on your honor. Again, don't be a dick. Got it?

6. - Numbers must be sequential. Each number can be in the following format
    They can be just digits. Example: "1", "2", "3"
    They can be spelled out. Example: "One" "Two" "Three"
    They can be ordinal. Example: First, Second, Third
    They can be Roman Numerals: Example: "I", "II", "III"

Bottom line is they (the numbers) must be sequential, the pictures cannot be photo shopped (remember, don't be a dick, got it?), the picture showing the number must include your motorized two wheel conveyance within the picture (you must show the number and your bike at the same time in the same photo) - NO BICYCLES and the source of your number may only be obtained from and comply with the following list:

• House numbers
    • Apartment numbers
    • Business addresses
    • Mail Boxes
    • Number telephone Poles
    • Street signs
    • Phone numbers posted on signs
    • Bill boards
    • Any number posted on building or a sign but it must be fixed into place and permanent
    • No posters, hand bills, flyers or business cards (nothing that is posted temporarily or that is portable, meaning no bus or taxi signs either)
    • All pictures of consecutive numbers must include your motorized motorcycle or scooter (no bicycles) within the picture of the sequentially numbered item
    • The following is NOT acceptable. Example: You find the number 2 in the address "251 XYZ Street". You must find your numbered tag in succession, IE: #1,#2,#3, #4 and so on (Also see rule #6)
    • Special rules apply for using phone numbers - Segments of phone numbers such as area codes, pre-fixes or the last four digits may be used in sequence ONLY. Example: You are looking for the number "479" you may use a phone number area code. But if you are just looking for the number 4 YOU MAY NOT use that phone number.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Don't be a dick, got it?
  2. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Each player has his own set of pictures? If not, why can't I just go out in the morning & get #13 and just wait to snipe when #12 shows up?

Do they have to be dated to keep from a snipe? (What about our brethren who have already demonstrated their photoshop skills?

How will you control all this.

I like a game where riders from out side of FYV proper get to play or new comers to the area can actually have a chance to play.

Do I have to get the app to upload pictures from my phone to the ADV board or just get 'Bruced' all the time by the guy with better tech?

You need to do some splainin Lucy or rethink this game as stated so far.
  3. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    Meh I think everyone can use the honor system Gus.

I like it Charlie! Go get number one!:freaky
  4. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    maths and counting are hard, im out.
  5. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Since we all play photo tag to get out and ride. This particular photo tag lends itself to both dirt riders and street riders more easily because if a dirt rider posts a photo in the lower 40 then a street rider might shirk it and not go because his bike isn't suited for the travel. This game is more "all inclusive" to our group.

Since this tends to be a friendly group I'm leaning toward self policing but it is easily managed as you will read below. but you have some great points Gus.

As for posting from your phone. Like many others I tend to use Tapatalk to post my photos. I like it because it's a convenient way to display the picture without downloading and then uploading on my computer. It does give an time advantage but it's a convenience not a requirement.

I think tapatalk becomes more important if two people are out hunting the same number and happen to post in quick succession. I/we will control being "Bruced" by looking at the time and date the photo is posted into the thread at the top left of each individual thread post. Earliest time wins, period. If two posts (I've seen this happen on ADV) are posted at the same exact time (ADV doesn't post the time including seconds) then the first post in succession wins.

The rules were gleaned from other numbered photo tag game blogs and from one I found on ADV. The Rules can be amended before we start the actual game or on the fly by consensus.

This is a friendly game and is not intended to be cutthroat. Besides, as we go it will become easier and with that it will be rapid fire.

Does that work? I dunno, I just was trying to include more folks in the photo tags. I added a couple of bullet points for clarification on these questions Gus. If we need anything further let me know and we will work it out.
  6. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    So "251 xyz street" would only be acceptable if you are looking for the number 251?
  7. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Sitting in the knee doctors office...if I could swing a leg over my bike I'd go nail #1 and get this rolling! Scribe you're retired, hit it man!
  8. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Questions, questions:
    Do they have to be numerals, or can they be spelled out?
    What about ordinal numbers (first, second, third)?
    Roman numbers?
  9. tcourdin

Oddometer:

Go find this number (1). Do it.
  10. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:

Yep
  11. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    If they are in sequence it works. They can be spelled out, they can be ordinal and they can be Roman Numerals. Bottom line is they must be sequential.

The rules have been amended to reflect this.
  12. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Ok, here's the first post, with the first number at the First Baptist Church and the first picture of my bike in this photo tag.

[​IMG]

So, who is getting #2?
  13. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Good one Chuck!
  14. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    OK, I'll quit griping & maybe even play. :bluduh
  15. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Just don't use Picasa to host your pics...................

me ducks....

:lol3
  16. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    I didn't take it as griping, more like ironing out the rules so they work for everyone. I hope you do play Gus.
  17. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    Picasa was used, NOT crappa talk

[​IMG]
  18. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Will need to find out if I can upload to ADV with my "smarter than me" phone....

This could be messy. :bluduh
  19. TRZ Charlie

Oddometer:
    Haha, youll be fine
  20. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Did you use your phone to upload or your computer?
    Where is the date stamp?

I lost all my ADV phone numbers, would any of you be willing to PM me your number? Damn smart phones, I be too stoopid.... :bluduh