My New Vespa GTS Super 250ie

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Rick G, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't had it up to that speed yet as I mostly ride it around town. But it reaches 50-60 very easily and feels quite stable at that speed. But no highway jaunts yet. I only got about 300 miles or so on it before putting it away for the winter. Spring is right around the corner and I plan on doing some longer rides on it.

Rick G
  2. northshore_paul

northshore_paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh I see you are from Ohio and I understand why you haven't been doing any winter riding. Here in South Louisiana we got up to 70 degrees so winter is usually not a problem riding unless it is raining and cold.
  3. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Both the Vespa GTS 250 and 350 will handle 70 all day long. 75 is pushing it a bit on some since the real top end without mods is usually around 80 but coming back from Galveston last week with Dr. Pulley sliders I was running an indicated 92 - real speed 85-86 for 40 miles give or take.

The ride is different from the Burgman 400 which is more of a tourer/cruiser than the flickable Vespa. Having owned both I prefer the Vespa but others prefer the Burgman.