Where are your XT250's...let's see them.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by MEDIC-0372, Nov 4, 2008.

1. aim2kill

aim2kill Been here awhile

Oddometer:

welcome! :freaky

take your bikes snow virginity away! mine not too much more than my old xr100, and it was a blast in the snow! :lol3
  2. troyfromtexas

troyfromtexas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was curious if anyone riding a XT250 is using a Giant Loop bag? The Coyote bag (small-30L) seems like the natural fit for short trips, but I was also wondering if the Great Basin bag (large-50L) would fit well for a RTW trip. If you have a Coyote or Great Basin I'd welcome your feedback. And photos are always appreciated.

I've seen positive reviews for other bikes, but was wondering how either bag would work specifically with a XT250.

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

Thanks,
  3. SprocketTX

SprocketTX Bull in China Shop

Oddometer:
    We sell 'em, and the Coyote sells 10+ to 1 over the Great Basin. There's both great bags, but the Coyote is a better fit for small to mid-sized bikes ahile the Great Basin seems more at home on GS sized machines. The Great Basin is indeed huge, and unless packed full it doesn't feel nearly as secure IMHO. A well packed Coyote can get an average adventurer along for a week (I've done it in Colorado and Moab). A knarly world traveler could go on endlessly with one...:D

4. USAIR

USAIR picking and riding

Oddometer:
    Check this thread out.
    And this one too.
    I have the coyote and it's great.

Fred
  5. troyfromtexas

troyfromtexas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback. Still wondering if anyone has tried the Great Basin on an xt250. If so, is it too big?
  6. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    While I have not tried either one on the XT, I is/was planning on getting one eventually. I know a few guys with the Great Basin, and doing a side-by-side comparison on their bikes (namely KLR650s) we all thought it would fit perfectly fine on the XT250. The way the straps work allows you to cinch down the unload space, so you might not won't to completely fill it, but could if needed.

The plan was to be able to move it over to a bigger bike if wanted and only buy one, not both sizes. I might just get the Coyote when the time comes, not sure now.
  7. MEDIC-0372

MEDIC-0372 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice Snow picture...and welcome.

8. zzo

zzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. zzo

zzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last summer I rode three days straight on my XT 250. I thought I was in need of Preparation H. So, I priced after market seats and decided to give Seat Concepts a shot. I have the seat back but haven't ridden it long days yet. But, I am happy with the work.

Robert at Seat Concepts asked to keep the seat a couple extra weeks so he could have a mold made from it. So, Seat Concepts should have the XT 2009 seat kit readily available now.

The Montana 1000 is being planned again this year in case anyone wants 6 days of dirt, gravel and trail in Montana. It has its own ADVRider thread. That may be my opportunity to try out riding multiple days on my new seat.
  10. sandalscout

Oddometer:
  11. zzo

zzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. MEDIC-0372

Oddometer:
    You are welcome. I spent some time at Wright Patterson AFB with the Ohio FEMA USAR Team that was Stationed there for a while.

Ohio does have some nice places to ride.

13. CajunE

CajunE sportsman

Oddometer:
    Just wanting to say hello. it's good to see more XT250 riders out riding and reporting their adventures. I am usually on A.R.R.S.E forum on the southeast regional forums. i will be posting some pictures and a small report of a 6 day ride that myself and 9 other guys are going on around Georgia. our route will start from Augusta to Okeefenokee swamp to Tallahassee, Fl to Dothan, Al to Talledaga, Al to Bryson City, NC to Clayton, Ga back to Augusta. I hope to share some good things like you all have shared. I hope this forum keeps going.:D
  14. MEDIC-0372

Oddometer:
    Here is a self portrait... "Me and My Bike...on a Bridge in Ohio".

1 003.jpg
  15. USAIR

USAIR picking and riding

Oddometer:
    Your bike is way too clean.:D

Fred
  16. ALinUTAH

ALinUTAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From a ride a couple weeks ago. This bike doesn't get much respect but I love mine. -al

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AdvenatureMOTO likes this.
  17. The Cameraman

The Cameraman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi AlinUtah,

well after covering over 75,000 miles in 3 1/2 years and it only needing consumable parts, (apart from accident damage), then I reckon my XT250 was one of the greatest bikes I've ever owned.

I have an XT225 now and that's covered 18,000 in a year and is proving to be equally reliable.

These bikes really are the Swiss Army Knife of bikes.

The only people that don't give them respect are the ones that haven't ridden them.

Regards

Reggie
  18. USAIR

USAIR picking and riding

Oddometer:
    Heading out tomorrow to the back roads of Carter and Lewis counties in Kentucky.
    I hope to take lots photos and maybe some video.

Im in the middle of getting ready for a trip to Alaska on my Wee.
    Leaving 1st of June.
    I'm real excited so a little gravel and dirt roads on the XT seems to be on order.

Fred
  19. sandalscout

Oddometer:
    AL, curious as to which racks those are. I ended up getting a Coyote, but those Wolfman Expeditions looks really good on your bike.
  20. ALinUTAH

ALinUTAH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Happy trails. -al