2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    Sweet, so we can camp in the service compound this year then! There´s not some kind of stipulation that the service vehicle can´t be a camper is there??? :lol3
  2. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    Bobby, your fingers are faster than your eyes. :lol3 Let's try again. :deal

The town ordinance preventing anyone from camping on the field that we use for service is still in effect, so no, there's no camping in the service area. There's nothing stopping you from using a motorhome as a service vehicle, but all the same stipulations as last year apply. :) My understanding is there's a septic tank installed somewhere on this lot, so no super large vehicles there. There is a spot about three tenths down the road, at the mayor's house, where you could put it. Let me know what your plan is.

Cheers :)
    Anders
  3. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    Oy!!! guess it´s the vacant lot next to the hotel again this year,.....did they actually widen the gate into the service compound like they said they were going to? that was a fun proposition getting in there at dark thirty last year with 65´ of vehicle :lol3
  4. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Thought I would throw this out there......

A friend and I are riding at Brushy Mtn on Thursday Feb 28th if anyone wants to join us. Might be a good way to shake the bugs out and get your skills back after a long winter. We rode there last year and had a great time.

http://www.bmmspark.com/

I've got a call into the owner to see if he can open the gates for us again.
  5. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Knee is feeling pretty good so decided to get off the fence and sent in my entry today. Worst case I will ride slow and stay sitting the whole time so I don't stress the knee too bad.

Of course I still have not really investigated the crash damage from BRS, I suppose if I need to I can ride the good old DRZ!
  6. AnyDay

AnyDay Wants more time off

Oddometer:
    Got my number!
  7. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    SWEET!! That's the spirit Doug. :clap
  8. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Local resident here. My house/shop is 2 miles from the Start line. Going to volunteer again (7-8th time I think).

If I can answer any questions on the area or local conditions, fire away:ear

It has been relatively dry lately. Had 3/4" of rain a couple days ago, but that is nothing for this area. Conditions WILL change by race day! Hoping for 60° by then. Who knows, it was 81° today:eek1
  9. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tfi8fT9oHkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Right on, Doug! I got off the fence now also and paid my fee today. My wrist still hurts like a bastard at times, so between the two of us, maybe we'll make a full rider.

I ordered some Flexx bars and paid my entry at the same time, so it was an expensive day. :1drink

Back to the barn to try and get the bike ready. It hasn't been run, rolled, or even started since the Paris-Dacre in June.

dc
  11. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Cool, stucks that the wrist still hurts but glad you can get back out and ride. I am in the same state with my bike, has not been ridden since the crash. I tried to start it the other day, cranks well but won't fire.
  12. Rail7

Rail7 Authenticious.

Oddometer:

Atta' Boy Doug!
  13. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    What is the options on body armor. I separated the AC joint in shoulder after a flight over the bars this weekend.
  14. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Ouch! Several of us wear compression suits but a plastic motocross style chest protector will also work. Key is you must have spine protection.

Heal up quick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  15. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Sal: Sorry to hear about your "OFF". Hope you can make SB OK.

The Plastic MX style protectors are really only good for roost protection. There are some that say impact protection, but most only cover the sholders. Walt was wearing one when he got hit by the car at the big bike enduro, he broke a bunch of ribs, punctured a lung and broke his elbow.:eek1

I think if he had a pressure suit or body armor, his injurys would not have been as severe. He still would of been hurt, but not as bad.

Here's an example of good protection, there are many brands and price levels for this type of protection.

http://www.bikemag.com/blog/661_pro_pressure_test/

Jack
  16. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    For body armor another trick us to combine a core saver with a moto jacket. I pull the back armor out of my Klim rally jacket and i wear a core save underneath. The core saver is like a vest that has some chest protection, an articulated back protector, mild shoulder padding built in.

[​IMG]
  17. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the posts. I won't miss SB. Started to get more moment in my arm today and it only happened on Friday. My daughter thinks the lump on top of my shoulder is cool. :lol3
  18. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 20 square inches as per the rules goes on the bike, or the rider? If on the rider and wearing a hydration pack, add another 10 sq. in. on the pack?
  19. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
  20. brocku

brocku Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For this type of event use a pressure type suit. End of story.
    My 2 cents of experience talking here.
    :D