Honda PCX: coming to the US

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cogitate, Sep 17, 2009.

1. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:

The SH150i is supposed to top out at an indicated 65-68 MPH, and the PCX at an indicated 67 MPH. However, the PCX has an optimistic speedo, so actual speed is around 60 MPH. As far as I hear, the SH150i has a pretty accurate speedo, so yes about 5 MPH difference.
  2. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody know where I can find hard saddlebags for a PCX in the USA?

I found these pics on a forum but the poster had no info on them.

Maybe they are custom or a one-of?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Funky mirrors too.
  3. flatboarder

flatboarder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like Thailand. They have got all kinds of PCX attachments, boxes and conversions there.
    There is a nice guy there who might be able to get those boxes and ship to you.
    Join http://www.hondapcxcbr125forum.com/ where he is running his little shop (German or English language as appropriate).
    The guy is absolutely credible and reliable. I got my second set of PCX rims there for instance.
  4. lowbuckrider

lowbuckrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That looks better than stock, and stock that is one good looking scoot!
  5. enc0re

enc0re Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow. I don't even have a PCX and want to know if/where one can get those cases and mirrors.
  6. siyeh

Oddometer:
    I can not figure out how to view the above website in English.

I am a dork.
  7. LarryRickenbacker

LarryRickenbacker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

Thanks for posting those pics, Lowbuckrider. Boy I wish I were back in college with a new PCX! That scoot would be a veritable chick-magnet. :wink:
  8. Tacoma

Tacoma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really like Honda and I agree Honda is behind bringing out new models, but what ever new model Honda builds it should be one of the best.
    But the problem I have with Honda is they are far more expensive compaired to Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and the Honda Dealers in my area are almost impossible to deal with and ARE IMPOSSIBLE for any approved warranty work.
    When you buy a new Honda in my area the ONLY dealer that will do warranty work is the selling dealer, another Honda Dealer that didn't sell the bike will refuse to work on it, and when you call and make an appointment for a warranty repair, they will make the appointment 70 to 90 days later, but if you call the same dealer for repairs that are out of warranty, that you pay for yourself, they will take you in right-a-way!
    I own a Yamaha Tmax cause the local Yamaha Dealer treated me right in the past, I would have LOVED to own either the Suzuki Burgman, or the Honda Silver Wing, but those dealers failed me in the past for service after the sale!
  9. ObiWanJak

ObiWanJak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I might get sent to Japan for work!

I have a Multistrada, but it might not be cost effective to get it registered in Japan. I might buy a PCX 125 instead.

Of course I could buy one here and register it there. The downside of that is the registration fees. On the upshot, I could bring it back with me and use it in the states (and use it before I leave in a year or so). If I buy one there, then I'd have to sell it before I leave, which may be more trouble than it's worth.

Any comments on if the PCX 125 is a Japanese model as well? Some of the stuff I've read online indicates that it is.

And about the used market for these in Japan?

Registration issues?

I know it's a long shot.... thanks for any info you might have.

Loren
  10. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've heard the handlebars are on the opposite side there?? :roflbe carefull!!
  11. flatboarder

flatboarder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just register and post what you need. They speak english and they will be happy to serve you with PCX special parts, handmade optimized variators, smart tuning, electronics, boxes, seats, whatever. There is a huge amount of nice things to get there, because in Thailand the PCX has been quite common for two years now.

We also buy Honda PCX original spare parts there, since they are cheaper than over here, including taxes and shipping.

If you really like to get those boxes, I doubt you will find a source other than that. Aling who is running the shop has got lots of fotographs with PCX parts there, but those are not visible unless you register for his forum shop. I can assure, there are no costs and he is a nice guy who will do anything to fulfil your parts requests.

BTW Aling brought one of his PCX to run over 120km/h (speedo) without being any noisy and without increasing fuel consumption! This can easily be done to other PCXs as well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbKRJJ1dcio
    Just in case you like these things...
  12. siyeh

Oddometer:
    My PCX needed a slightly taller windscreen. I found a Givi smoked for $89. I questioned why shipping was $25? Dude said cuz it was special. The freaking box was as big as the PCX.

[​IMG]

Had to remove 2 screws and one piece of plastic to get to the windscreen bolts.

[​IMG]

It was very easy.

[​IMG]

Done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's around 7-8 inches taller than the stock Honda screen.

[​IMG]

I've got 300 miles on this lil PCX and it is running great. I hit 64 mph on the GPS today on flat ground. The engine is starting to loosen up a bit as it is accelerating much faster.
  13. LarryRickenbacker

LarryRickenbacker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

Siyeh, you are killing me! My Sh150i has only managed 60 mph on flat ground. Then again, I tip the scales at 270 lbs. Congrats on selecting Honda's best value in scooters! Dollar for dollar, cc for cc..there's no beating that sleek PCX!
  14. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, not thread jacking, but I WEIGH about the same. What MPG are you getting on the SH with "our" WEIGHT! :rofl
  15. siyeh

Oddometer:
    Well, I go 200# and rarely ATGATT so maybe that's why mine is slightly faster? Don't know. I think the new screen has made it more aero,,,
  16. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weight does make a significant difference, but its only 70 pounds which shouldn't make THAT big of a difference. Maybe a couple MPH or so, but I wouldn't expect it to slow it down to much. The SH150i SHOULD be way faster due to it's price tag, but I guess not?

64 MPH on GPS is great, getting close to my Elite 150 at 68-70 MPH GPS.
  17. =retread=

=retread= freedom loving USA

Oddometer:
    +1 for aerodynamics !! where did you find the smoked windshield ?
  18. siyeh

Oddometer:
  19. =retread=

Oddometer:
    super !!! thanks !!! good price even with the shipping. makes the pcx look like the reflex.
  20. =retread=

Oddometer:
    so hows that sheild working for ya ? can you cruise at 55 now ? wind protection, noise,etc.[​IMG]