Archive thread for Rumbux Protection Bars for Super Tenere

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Dirty bike, May 3, 2012.

1. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I PM'd you on the Yamaha Super Tenere Forum.
  2. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your order TH. That puts us over the minimum, so I will be placing the order with Rumbux shortly. Those peeps in on the order will see email notification of the charge to their cards, and will get another email from me later today.

EricV
  3. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:

HAZAAH!

:clap:clap:clap
  4. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Ok, the order to Rumbux has been placed. I've padded it with a couple of spec units, so I can handle a couple more, but then it will be waiting until the next order builds to 5 people.
  5. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Ok guys, I received word this morning that the wire transfer for our order cleared the bank in South Africa on Tuesday and our order is well in progress. It is expected that it will go to shipping on the 3rd or 5th of November.

What that means is that it should be built, powder coated, foam wrapped and packaged in the crate at that point, and handed over to the shipping vendor.

The shipping vendor will put the crate thru a fumigation process and take it thru customs in SA, schedule it on a flight, ultimately ending in Las Vegas, NV and deliver it to the Virgin Atlantic freight warehouse. That part of the process can take a week or more, but every bit is progress!

This message also went out via email to the people on the order. If you did not receive that email, please let me know. I may have your email address incorrect.

Note: I do still have one full set and one lower w/skid plate unspoken for.
  6. rushes

rushes token hillbilly

Oddometer:
    I need a lower skid plate. I'll call you on Monday.
  7. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Got your PM. I'll be out after 9am, but back by noon.
  8. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Good fun Mike!

Should have shown the huge pile of foam wrapping after you got them naked.:lol3

Enjoy and don't hesitate to give me a call if you have any questions.

Torque spec info:

The 8mm oem drop guard bolts are 8.7 ft/lbs.

The 10mm rear side stand bolt is 46 ft/lbs. (rear throttle side mount)

The 8mm rear exhaust bracket bolt is 14 ft/lbs, (rear clutch side mount).

The center long bolt that holds the dash on, where the flat bar goes
    is 11 ft/lbs

The two bolts between the upper and lower Rumbux are nylocks, so just
    get them tight, no need to go overboard there. Same for the small 6mm
    bolts and nuts on the front end of the flat bar.

I'd recommend using blue (242) loctite or equivalent on the bolts.
    (not on the nylock ones!!)

Tip: When you're putting the lower bar on, leave the rear bolt out on
    the oem tip over guards, as you'll just be pulling that out again to
    mount the upper bars.

Other than the one bolt at 46 ft/lbs, they torque values are mostly to
    prevent you from over tightening things. That should tell you that
    they are not critical. If your torque wrench doesn't go down that
    far, don't sweat it, just snug them up, then give a small extra pull,
    like 1/8 of a turn or less and you'll be fine.
  10. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that huge box was about 80% full of packaging material once I got them all unwrapped. You do a hell of a job wrapping everything.

Good info on the torque specs.

Thanks!

They'll get installed this afternoon! :wings
  11. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Easily installed!
    [​IMG]

Thanks again!
  12. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    That's a bad ass pic Mike.:evil You look like you're ready to conquer anything!

I am starting to get interest for a new order, so if you're thinking about the Rumbux, now is the time to get the ball rolling and get in on the next order. As stated before, lead time on Rumbux orders is 4-8 weeks, so missing out on an order puts you a bit farther behind the curve than average for things like this. The import process is full of potential delays and we are going to be in the Christmas window on this next order, so I would expect deliver to be in Jan if we get to the 5 person minimum soon and can kick off the order process.

Thank you very much to all the people that have ordered Rumbux bars so far. At the moment, pricing remains the same at $750 for the full set and $450 for the Lower w/Skid plate only, but there may be an increase for 2013.
  13. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I went ahead and re-wrote the installation instructions, giving a list of required tools, torque specs and some tips. The current instructions are pretty good, but some may find this helpful too. PM me if you'd like a copy. This is text only at the moment.
  14. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I now have pdf files of the Rumbux Instructions if anyone loses their copy or wants it in electronic form. PM me if you want them.

I am also starting to build the next order. One on board so far, need 5 to place the order with Rumbux, so now is the time to get in on this order. Looking at the normal 4-8 weeks from when the order is placed with Rumbux to when you have the crash bars on your doorstep.

As always, if you have questions, feel free to PM, call or post here.
  15. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    A couple of things to announce:

From Rumbux

Product News (Super Ten)

We have upgraded the bash plate on the Super Ten from a 3mm to a 4.5mm aluminium. We had x2 riders on the roof of Africa trail doing a bit of extreme riding who managed to damage their engine sumps. This is the first time in 2.5 years history of the product. We don’t like such news, that’s why we upgraded. The 3mm bash plate will be discontinued.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is also a price increase from Rumbux starting in Feb. I had planned to increase my prices $25 across the board to attempt to get to the point where I can place orders and maintain stock, starting in Jan. Prices will remain the same if we can get the next order going before Feb 1st. Then I will have to raise my pricing.

Currently there is one person on board for the next order, we need 5 to make the shipping work, so if you're on the fence, now is the time to jump in.

Eric V.
    EVal Innovations Inc.
    435-817-0809
  16. Mark R.

Mark R. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirty Bike:

I have a Tenere on order, and want a full Rumbux system, with the thicker bash plate. I am not sure how to PM, so maybe you could PM me and we could get my set going, ok? Oh, and I would like the clip-on nuts, too.

Mark R.
  17. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  18. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    At this point the current order is final. I do have one extra full 3-piece set coming, and a 4.5 mm skid plate that is not spoken for. I ordered the skid plate to compare for myself, but don't necessarily plan on installing it on my bike.

Right now I have the pro forma invoice, but am waiting on the pitifully slow Wells Fargo to acknowledge funds transfer from the CC payments.

Thank you everyone that placed an order. You will receive an email update once I've been able to take the next step.
  19. CANNONMAN

CANNONMAN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you still have the dual brake lines for the S10? I bought a Rumbux kit from you a while ago and am just now getting around to installing them. I put on the 21" front wheel and am going to fab up a high front fender brkt. If you have the dual line kit can you pm me a price and availability? Thanks, Mark
  20. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I'm not doing the brake lines any more. Jaxon at Ride on ADV is offering a long line kit and may now offer a front two line kit as well.