Is Mexico Safe?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Arte, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Yeap JD is coming with me: 4JD079
    [​IMG]
  2. SkizzMan

SkizzMan Me caigo, me levanto

Oddometer:
    Way to go! :clap

Ride, Bato, ride!
  3. SkizzMan

SkizzMan Me caigo, me levanto

Oddometer:
    Well, the word "permaban" was used, IIRC. And Hombre_Secreto is gone as well.

Looks like the rest of us are gonna hafta step it up some.

Maybe Bato will have some exciting encounters and take us along with some pix.
  4. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you come over, remind me to show you the once large garrapata that I keep in an old pill bottle in my toolbox.
    He did the same thing. LOL! You can ask all you want but you'll never see the scar from where it had to burnt out from.:eek1

Meanwhile, thanks to Bato I am very curious about that tire iron box end combo.
    Very interesting.
    Where does that come from?:clap
  5. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Loading now hope to make it to SMA Saturday night live
  6. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    The cockpit
  7. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ride well, be safe, have fun amigo. :jose
  8. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    No fair, you are covering up the flying urine sample in that cockpit photo, Bato! It doesn't need to be hidden or protected, the German engineers in Spandau designed it to be flaunted.

Hey, it appears Guatemala is hosting a Harley event...

"If you're among the majority of voters who think the U.S. Congress is a joke, imagine a congress literally composed of clowns. That's what is happening right now in Guatemala City, where two hundred professional clowns have gathered for the fourth annual Latin American Clown Congress. Clowns from across Central American, South America and the Caribbean gather each year for three days in the country's capital city to exchange ideas and attend workshops.
    Of course, if you were one of those kids who found clowns to be terrifying, this gathering could stir up all kinds of childhood traumas.
    Among the variety of clowns in attendance are jugglers, a clown dressed as a soldier and even one dressed as a nun. Participants in the Clown Congress parade through the streets of Guatemala City before getting down to business."

It's their 4th annual, somebody is doing something right.
  9. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

All ready 4 Departure

Thanks to the teachers!
  10. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    They are all amateurs. Our Congress has 535 professionals. Luckily they don't parade often, although they are quite skilled at tricking people.
  11. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    And the colors
  12. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gracias por las enseñanzas:deal
  13. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hope that I can come and have a cerveza with you my friend., and maybe do HWY 24 :freaky
    I dint like the post where chango had this girl holding a sign where he had been., that's inhuman and that's history.
    My experience is that is better to be sober when we go online .:D
  14. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Couldnt leave behind the red wings or the pillow 1 more bag
  15. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

I was reading the McAllen news and it's pretty quiet in that part of Mexico. Some guys walked in and snatched some kid working in a fast food place and the cops found the body a few hours later and that has all the marks of a cartel killing but it happened in the USA, not Mexico.

Last time I looked at Borderland Beat it was pretty quiet too.
  16. mark883

mark883 and the mysterians

Oddometer:

PRI BRINGS THE PEACE!

or the moneyz

:hide
  17. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

Hit that nail on the head. I suspect this is not a good time to have been associated with the Zetas.
  18. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    You mean "peace" spelled "T-l-a-t-e-l-o-l-c-o"?

PRI brings dictatorship style politics and worse.
    In fact, there are so many bodies in the local morgue here, they had to lower the health hazard risk to the community by disposing of half of the unclaimed cadavers.
    Except they somehow lost a bag containing one along the way.
    Some people might not believe just how loco things can truly get here. So have a look at what the PRI really brings.
    Between Xalapa and Veracruz there are usually one or two per day, on average, that remain unsolved and just attributed to the narco wars. At least they are putting the bodies in separate graves now, they just used to dump them all into a mass pit.
    Fiscales y peritos llevan 23 cuerpos al panteón!

27 Julio, 2012 07:05:00
    [​IMG]
    * Pero se les pierde una bolsa con restos en el traslado

Por FEDERICO GARCÍA
    Reportero de NOTIVER

La Procuraduría de Justicia (PGJE) inhumó en el Panteón Municipal de Veracruz 23 cadáveres, de identidad desconocida, para desactivar el foco de infección en el Servicio de Medicina Forense, la maniobra encabezada por fiscales y peritos pudo haber sido un éxito pero se extravió un cuerpo durante el traslado del SEMEFO al cementerio.

Un grupo de peritos criminalistas de la PGJE trabajó desde las ocho de la mañana del jueves, en las instalaciones del SEMEFO, en la selección de 24 cadáveres que serían inhumados en la fosa común del Panteón Municipal de Dos Caminos, en este puerto, con la autorización del gobierno porteño.

A bordo de unidades de periciales y debidamente identificados, con arete, fueron transportados los cadáveres que serían inhumados, cada uno en una fosa, como lo marca el protocolo.

Durante la inhumación masiva fueron sepultados, cuatro cadáveres de la Agencia Tercera del Ministerio Público, tres cadáveres que se encuentran a disposición de la Agencia Primera del Ministerio Público de Veracruz, uno del Ministerio Público de Jalapa y cuatro cadáveres que están a cargo de la fiscalía de Medellín.

La diligencia se realizó en presencia de los titulares de esas Agencias del Ministerio Público, oficiales secretarios y peritos, también había cadáveres de la Agencia Octava del Ministerio Público, que fueron inhumados, pero no asistió el titular de esa fiscalía.

Mientras se realizaba la diligencia en el Panteón Municipal del puerto de Veracruz, el personal de la PGJE descubrió que faltaba un cadáver, pues si estaba documentado pero la bolsa que contenía los restos nunca apareció, por eso solamente fueron inhumados 23 cuerpos, de víctimas desconocidas.

Cerca del medio día terminó la diligencia de inhumación en fosa común, cada cuerpo ocupó una fosa y no como anteriormente ocurría que varios cadáveres eran sepultados en una fosa..
  19. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beautiful ride Bato, I like the seat :thumb

Enjoy the ride.
  20. AK Smitty

AK Smitty Self life coach

Oddometer:
    to Mexico in Oct. Looking to do a two week ride from Denver to Puerto Vallarta. My plan is to store my bike in PV and then reutrn 2 weeks later for 3 months off. Then head south.

My question is does anyone know of some good safe storage in or near PV. I need to fly back to AK for 2 weeks and would like my bike to in Mex for the start of my 3 month trip. PV is not far from where I left off last year.

Any suggestions?