New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jesse Luggage, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    When my Vstrom finally wears out I plan to look for another just so I can reuse my luggage

Things are tough as nails and nothing looks as good
  2. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    FlyingFish likes this.
  3. Jesse Luggage

Jesse Luggage Crash Tested & Approved... Supporter

Oddometer:

PM sent yesterday.
  4. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for pictures of the 2012 650 V Strom with Jesse Luggage and I'm looking for top case pictures. Please show me what you got:D
  5. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone installed their Jesse Odyessy with the BMW part numbered Akrapovic exhaust? I am currently having a pickle of a time getting the carbon fiber exhaust hanger to line up and looks like it will also need some spacers. Photos and pointers appreciated.
  6. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    Being local, I picked up a set of 10" Odesseys last week. I called Alisha asking if there were any scratch and dent cases available and she called me back a couple hours later after checking to say they had a set in the color I preferred. I think she may have found the color I wanted in back and scratched them herself :D Actually I cannot find any fault in them. I picked them up the following day and Al Jesse himself showed me how to install them. Everyone I met there was extremely friendly and they let me install them in their parking lot. If feels good to support a local vendor and especially one who has been doing this a long time and makes a solid product. Thank you Al and Alisha :thumb
  7. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you remove the springs attaching the muffler to the header pipe? If you didn't the muffler hanger could be way off. The springs pull the muffler forward and the hanger will not line up. GH
  8. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    I was able to get 3 out of 4 points aligned, but I believe that it will need fab work to get the bottom horizontal bar to align. The Akrapovic is a longer and overhangs the lower bar. I've been running the Akrapovic on the bike for two+ years with both the BMW Vario and the BMW adventure cases, I don't think I am really have a "muffler" problem rather a tolerance stacking issue with the Jesse rack.

Akrapovic installed with left side Jesse rack.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe there are three options:

1) Make some sort of "offset" bracket to drop the bar
    2) Add a bend to the lower horizontal bar
    3) Cut and re-weld the lower horizontal points to allow 1/4-1/2" clearance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am leaning towards option 3.

Also, not sure why there is a clearance issue on the gas tank lid?

[​IMG]
  9. bigbadandugly

bigbadandugly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think you're supposed to take a hack saw and cut away part of your gas cap lid :wink:

Seriously, though, given you're having alignment problems top and bottom, I think this may be a sign that something is seriously amiss. You may want to contact Jesse with your pictures and have the mounting rack replaced and confirm the rack is compatible with your Akro system. It's always tough, if not practically unfeasible, for equipment manufacturers to design products that work with other third party farkles. I have a full titanium Akro exhaust on my R1200GS and later tried to fit the AltRider crash bars. The Akro exhaust placed the oxygen sensor in a position that the flange of one of the crash bar mount points was prevented from connecting to the boss on the bike. So I had to grind away a portion of the flange and lost about 25% of the weld.

bigbadandugly
  10. msells

msells Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is this a standing offer? How about for parts? Wondering if I use this magic phrase I call in next week to order some parts to fix one of the mounts on my R1100GS set ?
  11. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at the muffler it looks like you could rotate it and get a little more room to raise the crossbar up. To me it would seem easier to build a new crossbar than move the tabs on the side brackets. It would be as simple as bending a piece o 1/4x1" stock and drilling a few holes. I don't know what to tell you about the gas cap issue. Mine clears the case by 1/4 inch. GH
  12. Natnewt

Natnewt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It says in the installation instructions that you are to put everything together loosely then tighten it all up which will solve these fitment issues...GH I PM'd you a few hours ago
  13. TekurRides

TekurRides Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested in the Odyssey top box for Tiger 800. Any discounts or offers on it?
  14. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    We were going to wait for Black Friday, but knew we’d be busy eating leftovers, so decided to start a little early. We’re offering a 10% discount thru the end of the month to ADV inmates on any of our ‘in stock’ Odyssey II pannier sets.
    Call the shop if you’re interested.
    Jesse Luggage Systems
    623 878 7113
  15. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    The free shipping deal expired.
  16. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    Will Jesse Luggage be at the upcoming IMS in Long Beach?:ear

If so, will you have the ability for cash and carry sales?
  17. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:

Negative on both. We don't have any shows or rallys planned untill springtime.
    This may change, but for the moment, that's the schedule.
  18. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    That's too bad. I call the IMS In the Mood to Spend :lol3 because it always follows the holiday bonus paycheck. Hope you guys change your mind since the competition will be there. It would be a great place for you to showcase your products.
  19. rustynut2

rustynut2 Long timer

Oddometer:

Bump
    Form sent in.
    Will call Monday
  20. Jesse Luggage

Oddometer:
    It's been brought to our attention that some folks are not getting callbacks when they call us. If you call Jesse Luggage, (623 878 7113),we will call you back if you leave a number. If you're calling any other number, (502 area code), you will not get a call back. That is no longer a valid contact number for Jesse Luggage Systems. Please only use 623 878 7113 to contact us.
    Our business hours are Monday thru Thursday, 8AM to 4 PM Arizonia time, (MSTyeararound). If you call or email after those hours, please don't expect a return call or email untill we get back to work.

Thanks.
    Jesse Luggage Systems
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.