Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. z@ch

z@ch Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer:

They can make you embarrass sportbikes too! :lol3

[​IMG]
  2. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    +1 I know from past experience that he leaves right on time. :(
  3. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    There was this one Tar Hollow gravel ride where he was 30-40 minutes late to his own ride... :lol3
  4. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    hmm, I was only 2 min late and he was long gone!
  5. ohiofathead

ohiofathead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Which one of you guys are selling a YFZ450?

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/3080236900.html

"Listing removed but just want you all to be cautious. Posting title: Yamaha YFZ 450

I went over to this guys "house" earlier today (it's more like a garage...if you could even call it that) and ask to see the machine. He lead me on the same path from his garage to what looked like a camp site. He said he liked to go out here here to think on the meaning of life. I got creeped out and told him I was only interested in seeing the bike. He asked to see my hand and put it on his chest and said "feel that? I think there's a connection right there". I snatched my hand back and he stepped really close to me, so I turned and started running.

By now I'm really scared and thinking he was going to grab me but he just catches up and starts running alongside me. He looks over and says "lovely day for a run" and smiles really weird. I noticed he had taken his pants off and was running in his underwear and work boots. I decided I may have to fight my way out of this situation so I stop and put my fists up. He jumps back and tells me I have the wrong idea, he just wanted to run. So I tell him again I only want to see the machine. He leads me back to the "garage and opens the door. The bike is inside and was nice, but he goes over to a weight bench and starts firing off" "reps" with like 12 pounds on the bar. He says he likes to "work out" and I'd had enough and left without the bike.

It's a shame too, it seemed like a good deal.
    "

:lol3
  6. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    I don't know. Sounds like you might have gotten screwed in the deal. :lol3
  7. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking 3ish if that's ok, I'll drop you a line tomorrow.
  8. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I may have went a little nuts tonight....went to Champs for dinner with a friend and stopped at IP quick to get some goggles...

ended up with this:
    [​IMG]
    and this:

[​IMG]

and these:
    [​IMG]

oh and a set of goggles, which I left sitting on the counter and have to go back for tomorrow.....I couldn't resist the pant and jersey for $50 deal, and I need blue pants to justify the future WRR purchase....

I tried all the new gear on and I feel like that dorky kid who's mom way over dressed him for every activity....sad considering the first ride I showed up to not that long ago on a 27 degree morning sporting a hoodie and rocky boots...
  9. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Hey Alan! Or anyone who knows the place...

We are at The Reservation all weekend. Stop by if you nearby. Lots of food to go around.
  10. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the offer :D but I have to much crap to do around the house this morning. Matt and I will pry not make it that far south. See you in August.
  11. buildit

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I get bouts of insomnia and that night was one of those times. Overall I try to be on time if not early. Only other time I've been late was another RR ride where I had to change a flat tire that morning. Lucky I have two front and rear rims for the KLR so I just changed the whole wheel.:lol3 But today I'm up and getting ready now.:deal
  12. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Well you have to remember that I just got started doing off-road stuff last fall. ;) I've ridden my ST1300 in a lot of Canada and all states except Hawaii, Texas, and Oklahomo. Some years 40K miles or more just on a motorcycle. Longest ride without stopping (except for gas and bathroom breaks) has been 1650 miles. :huh Mexican Hat, UT to Troy, OH taking the scenic route during the day and interstating it at night...
  13. buildit

Oddometer:
    Fun ride today and it didn't get too awful hot because we were over 20mph most the time. Palandor and BDMike were the only people to show but sometimes less is more. :deal So thanks for the company guys and we'll have to do a half day sometime at HSR.:D

PS have I ever mentioned how awsome it is to have a creek crossing just down the road from me. Took the KTM threw in second and hit the deep spot. Wall of water to the face! :lol3 MAN it felt great!:clap
  14. blackdiamondmike

blackdiamondmike Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks for leading the way, Luke. Enjoyed riding the old RR bed again - it seemed longer than I had remembered. Hidden Springs is a nice little place and it was great to try it for free! -Mike
  15. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to have a working rear brake on the KLR. Installed a SS brake line, new pads and flushed out the gunk and now have rear brakes that actually will lock up the rear tire. I’m a happy boy, of course it doesn’t take much these days! :D
  16. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    If you want to experience a real slice of americana, I suggest Butler, Ohio on a saturday....I can think of nowhere else where you can buy Bud Light out of a cooler being pulled on a trailer by a RZR without having to get off your 400ex.....

America, Fuck Yeah!
  17. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    Sounds like I missed a good time...however, I had a good time of my own.

First, I slept in til noon...been a while since I've been able to do that, so right off the bat, the day started well. Then, after coffee and my morning routine of checking in here, checking email and what not, I took a nice long, leisurely dump. Having finished with the bowel movement, I checked in the with wife on the family obligations, which turned out didnt start til 5ish...great, I thought, that leaves me with riding time...so I did a quick search and found a couple covered bridges that weren't too far out...plugged the locations into the gps and off I went at 2:30.

First bridge was located in a park in Cambridge:

[​IMG]

while the next one was about 5 miles north just off route 658 (which would be a really fun road if the surface was in better condition):

[​IMG]

Following that, I decided to swing over to The Reservation (aka Dox's party location) since I was close and he had put out an open invite. Sorry, forgot to take any pictures, but I got to meet Dox and some of his family. Very cool people who were kind enough to feed me my first meal of the day (hot dogs and cheesy potatoes, if you were interested). Nice set up they got there, looking forward to returning in August for the big get together.

Anyway, we shot the shit til I was late for my family obligations, so I hurried up and rolled out of there at 6pm and made it to the FIL's by 7:30. Bout an hour later, I rolled home followed by the wife and dog in the car. Daughter was home from work by then and since we both have to work tomorrow, we went ahead and did the Father's Day thing.

Wife had a nice card for me but the daughter went WAY overboard: a yellow rose with a lovely hand written card that just about made me cry, followed by a 6-pack of beer and $50 gift card to Iron Pony.

Total mileage for the day: a bit over 150.
    Total smile-age for the day: immeasurable.
  18. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Hmm, locking up the rear tire isn't a good thing IMO... That's how I crashed the KLR on pavement during the cabin fever ride last year. :(

I also have ebc sintered double-h brake pads and SS rear brake line. I actually let some air the the system so I can't lock up the rear brake now after the crash. :cry

Now the POS front is a different story. I also have SS brake line with ebc sintered double-h brake pads AND a 320MM oversized rotor and it still sucks compared to any other bike I have ever ridden. :( Don't ever have to worry about doing stoppies on a KLR!!!
  19. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I bent the hell out of my brake lever and can now lock my rear brake on pavement, of course I don't have that fancy fluid stuff in my rear brakes.

There's this thing called threshold braking, learning it makes riding/driving much more enjoyable....
  20. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I'm well aware of how to use the brakes and the KLR brakes just suck no matter what you do with them..IMO.

I can do low speed parking lot manuvers on my ST1300 using the rear brake big time and have no issues at all with brakes on any other bike beside the KLR.