Fifth fest !!!!! (NE)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by fifthcircle, Feb 12, 2013.

1. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    DIRECTIONS!
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Main+St&amp;daddr=Unknown+road&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FUQCigIdDAku-g%3BFTTIiQIdUz4t-g&amp;sll=42.585128,-97.668285&amp;sspn=0.046322,0.104628&amp;mra=me&amp;mrsp=0,1&amp;sz=14&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=m&amp;ll=42.585128,-97.668285&amp;spn=0.046322,0.104628&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=Main+St&amp;daddr=Unknown+road&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FUQCigIdDAku-g%3BFTTIiQIdUz4t-g&amp;sll=42.585128,-97.668285&amp;sspn=0.046322,0.104628&amp;mra=me&amp;mrsp=0,1&amp;sz=14&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=m&amp;ll=42.585128,-97.668285&amp;spn=0.046322,0.104628" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
    FIFTH FEST 2013 The Bloomfield - Dakar
    :lol2

All show, no go, but a guaranteed good time or your money back!

Aug 29th - Sept 2nd

Aug 29th is Thursday. Sept 2nd is Monday (Labor Day). This date is subject to change...but it worked out great last year, so I will post it tentatively.

The usual deal here, but for anyone that has never been:
    We hang out, camp, ride, eat lots of food, and generally have a really good time! I strive to keep this the most relaxed "ADVrally" that there is. Free camping in freshly mowed grass. Indoors toilet. Home cooked food. Campfire BS.....and RIDING!!! Last year was a winner for the riding. We will hit the same roads this year, and more. Lot's of dirt, sand and gravel.

This all takes place at my parents little farm house getaway, just a couple miles West of Bloomfield, NE. Plenty of room for lot's of people, tents, campers, or whatever. Show up, ride, eat and drink WAY TOO MUCH! If you haven't been doted on by someone that misses the days when she cooked for 15 hired hands....you haven't lived. :D

Feel free to discuss! Post back if you are "IN", or shoot me a PM with any questions!! I aim to please!! I am also always hopeful for a few new faces each year. So hopefully some of the "Tri-Cities Nebraska" guys can make it, as well as a few out of state folks.

Riding Conditions:
    Most of us will be riding true dual sport bikes. Plenty of pavement to ride, if you don't have that and still want to come, but the organised ride will be dual sport oriented. The biggest bike we had last year was a KLR with a utility sidecar. He got stuck a couple times in the sand and we had to push a bit to get him out :deal Please let me know if you would like a parallel route for bigger bikes (GS/Tiger/Strom). I can easily put one together with the same general route, but staying on the maintained roads. An experienced dirt rider will be able to get a big bike through the sand.

DUALSPORT MAPS link for the general route. I may change this one a bit, as we did the bottom half last year, and although good, it could be better! I am working on a route to/from the posted route. We hit a couple good roads last year by chance, and I know what ones they were :clap

You like paper maps? Ceck out the Nebraska Map by County. All the roads, with great detail, in PDF. We will be in Knox primarily, with Boyd and Holt included a bit.

Single Track is a possability...AGspecialties has informed me that we will play it by ear up to the event, and he will supply some singletrack fun for those interested! BUT...we do have a pasture that is fun to mess around in, and it's just around the corner from the house.

If you are going to ride a big bike, there are TONS of scenic gravel roads, as well as some nice highway rides. Lot's of history in the area, with the Missouri River 20mi North, and all the little immigrant communities in the area. Swedes (Wasau) and Czechs (Verdigre) are just a taste. I have always wanted to take a weekend and just go to the little shops and bakeries in a few of those towns. (I must be getting old...) You get the idea.

Here are a few pictures to wet your appetite! (thanks to many past attendees for some of the pictures :deal)

FIFTH FEST IS HERE:
    [​IMG]

Along the Missouri River:
    [​IMG]

We hang out here in the evenings:
    [​IMG]

Here's the pasture around the corner:
    [​IMG]

Sometimes trouble makers show up:
    [​IMG]

Sometimes, you get to ride something different! :deal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    The "IN" list.

Flyrodder
    Fuhgawe
    AGspecialties
    mikeegee
    Yossarian
    Trl Rdr
    DirtFarmer
    Nyfty
    Zontar +1
    GSbiker

Would rather work than have fun:
    Propforward
    barnyard

POST SOME PICS FELLAS!!! :deal
    I know there are better pictures than what I linked. I got a new computer since last year, and I can't remember where my pictures are from 2012.
  3. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    I am putting this on my list of things I badly want to do please thank you please. Hope I can make it - I am marking it the calendar.

:thumb

Call me IN at this time - and many thanks.
  4. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    I have it on my calendar, but impossible to know if it'll become a reality for me. Please put me down on the "tentative" list.
  5. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Photos of gatherings past:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. flyrodder

flyrodder nothing bugs me except insufficient applause Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seems to me that a kegerator would fit in the trailer......
  7. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan to me! :clap Just gotta take the smooth roads up, so you don't break it.... it is 63yrs old :deal:eek1
  8. flyrodder

flyrodder nothing bugs me except insufficient applause Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    More pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    THIS JUST IN......Well...actually I talked to him yesterday.....
    AG is buying the steaks again this year. :clap So, fear not fellow Fifth Festers (fester?), you will eat steak. Big ass T-bone steak. I am also thinking that I will make pulled pork for Friday night.
    :wink:

Forgot to mention:
    AG is also concerned that his BMW enduro bike thingy will not make the ride, since I said KLRs were on the big side for some of the roads.... :lol2
    (For those that don't know, AG grew up riding this stuff, and could take a gold wing through it.... Hey Trl Rdr, bring your wing! :rofl)
  10. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    I'm watching this thread closely, 800+ miles round trip.

[​IMG]
  11. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    It's not that much further than Pie Fest, and you can stay longer than 45min :deal

Heeeeere piggy piggy :wink:
  12. zontar

zontar lawnhater

Oddometer:
    this would be great but I hate motorcycles, getting dirty,and consuming steak, bacon and beer. if my priorities change by labor day I think I'm in. thanks!
  13. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  14. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    I'm still planning on coming down, by the way.
  15. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    :lol2 The advanced warning is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.
  16. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:

I'll sit quietly in the corner and I won't get in the way.

:D
  17. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    In that case, don't bother coming. We like to :ricky:muutt:ricky:dg:kumbaya:slurp:beer:freaky repeat.

As I put that "sentence" together, I realized we really need a couple inmates with musical talents to come. Would be fun to have some guitars or singing going on around the campfire...
    Maybe I should just book Thrift Shop Radio for the weekend :deal
  18. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    flyrodder does have a life outside of ADV. He has been known to dress up as Elvis and hang out in karaoke bars.
  19. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Like the guy on Sons Of Anarchy! :rofl
  20. invicta1

invicta1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I

I have a drum set . . .