9 Days, 2 WR's, a Tar Heel and a Yank

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by whizzerwheel, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Merlin III

Merlin III Long timer

Oddometer:
    You probably stated it somewhere, but what was the time period for this ride? Good shots!
  2. whizzerwheel

whizzerwheel Unimaginative Lab Rat Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you....we did this in the beginning of August, were out for 9 nights of which we camped seven. We had nice weather, maybe a couple or three rain showers the whole time.
  3. smax

smax nobody special

Oddometer:
    whizzerwheel, The old man pointed out your TR to me. Wish I had known you all were up in my old stomping grounds in Maine. Lots of friends up there with cabins and hospitality. Maybe next trip. I'd love to get the old man out again.Anyway, nice report, good to see some memories.
  4. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great report so thanks - You sure know the dirt roads! Campgrounds too! I've been up there a few times, but my maps didn't show many dirt roads. I ended up racing through the paper land hoping not to get caught. I'll study your report some more and trace out a route or two for next season.

I bought one of those wr's last January too. Seems like all us old coots are scooping them up. They're sort of a gift for us...

I went the Wolfman route too. I admit, after the first couple days I was ready to throw the whole kit in a dumpster, they were so fiddly to pack and mount. By about day 5 I figured it all out. Happy now. I get most of my camp kit in one bag, and my personal stuff in the other. The tail bag is a medium duffel and it gets my tools, spares, camp chair, food, maps and miscy: :D

[​IMG]

I shipped it west and rode the CDR last month. I left it in AZ and won't ride it again till Feb. :cry

The little bike opens up a whole new world for me.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for sharing.
  5. whizzerwheel

Oddometer:
    Max,

Can't seem to get the "old man" to stay on the ground long enough to ride. He's busier now than when he was working for a living.
    When you get back in the neighborhood let me know and we'll twist his arm. Good to hear from you.
  6. whizzerwheel

Oddometer:
  7. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am really enjoying this ride report on the WR's.
    Also--you guys are riding in an area of the USA that I never even been close too.
    I think maybe it's time---I'm gonna pay attention to your routes the best I can.

Thanks !!

BigDog
  8. whizzerwheel

Oddometer:
    Mark,

Thanks for the kind words....I've garnered quite a bit of information and entertainment off your musings as well. I'm trying to get tyrebitr to kick in some pictures and prose right now. He will have a different perspective I'm sure. :D
  9. whizzerwheel

Oddometer:
    We had a few hours of this

[​IMG]

This road goes due West for 45-50 miles or so, then passes under a block of land owned by the Passamaquoddy Indians, turns due south another 15-20 miles or so and dumps us out on Rt. 27 just below the Canadian Border. Here again is another Windmill Farm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These things are enormous...but the pictures don't really put them in scale

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. MonkeyboyVT

MonkeyboyVT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR WW, thanks for bringing us along. I've gotta check out that B52 site near Moosehead, can't believe how intact all that debris is!
  11. MOTORSAC73

MOTORSAC73 n00b

Oddometer:
    Muy buenas fotos y lugares por donde viajaron, los felicito! Un abrazo desde Argentina!
  12. whizzerwheel

Oddometer:
    Thank you MonkeyboyVT...
    It is pretty amazing after all these years. I suspect it's still slowly disappearing despite the warnings to not remove any pieces from the area.

Muchos Gracias....Martin?