World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    MUA HA HA! the hooks are in!
  2. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I'm getting more red-screens either at the start-up of battle screen, or on full zoom. I agree... something is slowly changing, but I can't believe my few year old system shouldn't be able to handle it.

2 Gig Ram, but a newer Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 Video Card, etc.

3. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have 8 gig, 4gig video card and I got red screen during or after dragon ridge in the last version, and am getting it more....and more crashes as well. My machine is a quad core as well.

I think it may be some bad code floating around.

No way do I think it is an issue with my machine....it is not enough to really tick me off, but there is something in that dragon map that just kills my pc.
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    And I've never seen the red screen.....which makes it that much harder to track the problem down.
  5. SteelJM1

Oddometer:
    Nor have I :dunno
  6. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    All of my PCs experience the red screen on occasion. Only happens on 1+ hour sessions, and only when zoomed.

I assume it has something to do with a video memory leak, but who knows.
  7. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    I'm finally seeing video issues. When I zoom out from all the way in I have to look through a ghost image of the fully zoomed in screen. If I re-zoom it changes the ghost image to the last zoomed screen. Only started after 7.4. Otherwise I'm still rockin 40 fps with everything on high.
  8. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    I agree (thought it was just me). I've been getting my ass kicked by tanks I used to at least be on even terms with, and I can't pen anything. And my gun gets knocked out continually.
    But that's better than my German tanks with their stupidly fragile motors.
  9. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I just tried to install that Domgard's Mod Pack, but thoroughly screwed my client up doing it (it already had XVM, so I wasn't sure how to install the pack around it)... so this time I uninstalled the client.

What I found after uninstalling was a ton of folders and files left over (aside from the screenshots... of which I have over 1,500 screen shots ... I'm not kidding...). I moved my screenshots folder and then manually deleted everything, defragmented the hard drive, then uploaded the client again and installed it.

Maybe this will make a difference with the red screens?

And... I'm gonna skip future mod packs save for XVM... I always tend to screw them up, then I'm out an hour uninstalling and re-downloading the client again.
    :flush

:loco

One of many ss's that I thought were cool - back when the client was screwing up... or actually it was my old video card I think.

[​IMG]
  10. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Found my vote for worst tank in the game. Somau S40 wow is this a POS.
  11. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I'd have to disagree with ya. Yeah, it's slow, but unlike the AMX 40 it is based on, the slowness doesn't seem nearly the hindrance since it is, after all, a TD, and is supposed to be behind its forward tanks.

I've noticed that butterflies penetrate its frontal armor, but for four games I have four kills and... somehow... four wins, so 100% thus far, lol. Yeah, it couldn't help me win the game if I needed it, but I swear I've had worse. Talk to me after it gets a 100% crew and maybe that last gun and maybe I'll change my mind.
  12. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Links broken for me. No stickers.

yeah I know your gone. I'll be patient.
  13. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    With any mods now you should ony be adding files to the res_mod folder/*current version* folder. If something doesn't work you just remove the contents of that folder. Also, i never unzip a mod directly to WoT. I put it somewhere else and then copy. Many mods dont work together without tweeking. Thats usually done already with a mod pac.
    I've. Tried a few mod managers but always had trouble. Ever since they added the res mod folder manual has been easier.
  14. SteelJM1

Oddometer:
    I gotta say, the whole "jam up a TD so he can't rotate and then shoot him from point blank with a gun longer than the tank" thing is really starting to get under my skin.
  15. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    But this is my favorite tactic? Get a small fast tank and go do it to other TD's... It really will put a smile on your face.

Its kinda like knifing a sniper in Battlefield then T-baggin his corpse while he watches the kill cam.:evil
  16. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    LOL, one f my favorite moves to TD's and - God don't strike me down for this - Lee tanks. (Sure, TD's deserve it, but dumb ol' Lee drivers just aren't usually used to that level of play-style for that tier, lol).

It really does get to feel like dancing sometimes when the TD driver will make a bunch of moves back and forth, adding in fake-out moves, to try to catch the tank beside him (me!) off guard. I usually always match them well enough.
  17. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can usually see the wrighting on the wall...happened to me twice last night....I have not got to play much. What is the killer is after you put 2 rounds into that charging tank and nothing happens...then you are just dead and might as well esc and play something else.

But yea I do that too....and you can put those huge russian tanks in the same group with the slow turrets....I could hear people screaming after killing a kv2 with my Pz III....dang that was just fun....and unlike most tanks it has a pea shooter gun.

I am really thinking about that tier III french prem TD....that thing hits darn hard. I think it would be a fun change from marder...and I think it has a little thicker armor (yea right) and a better hitting gun.....might just give it a try....I know it cuts into my H35 like butter...but I want something that can kill that 38. Put 4 reloads from my Pz II into one the other night and did no damage, he spun around and just killed me. Perfect flanking move on my part too...killed two of his buddies before he figured out what was going on....he never figured it out till he started getting hit.

Kinda like my panther....it is not too bad with the stock gun, can't wait till I see the long 75.
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I didn't like the long 75 after the first couple of rounds, but it's growing on me. It's kind of nice to be able to throw shells out 4-500 meters and know you're going to hit the target. It also has the penetration to reliably get through the turret of most tanks Tier 9 and under. I just wish it did a little more damage. I'm looking forward to getting the Tiger and it's big 88....that should be a fun gun to play.
  19. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:

it's not as fun as you think. The tiger is a great tank but it has to have support to work well. I've found that the best use of a tiger it to draw the fire and let your team kill everything that's firing at you. Yes it can pack a punch but it's almost the same 88 that you can get on the 3601 and it works much better on that tank. You will hate the Tiger until it's maxed out. And even then you wont run it much unless you have back up.
  20. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I got wins on most of my herd last night. Except for the Churchill and PzIV.

I thought the RAM II being a premium and all would fare better in MM and in battles. Generally mid to low tier in the pack. Make 60% of the coin that the Churchill does. But dies much faster. I should have gotten a Matilda instead.

Luckily I'm only 100,000xp away from the Patton:lol3 I'll transfer the 100% crew over to that when I get it.