Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. LoriKTM

LoriKTM Wrecking Ball

Oddometer:
    Excellent! Good to hear you putting the Tiger through its paces. Any pictures from the ride? :ear
  2. Strada

Strada Tally Ho!

Oddometer:
    I am shocked at the extremely poor design of handguards so those will be going soon.
    Just picked up a new XC and really like the black frame - big improvement imho.
    Oh and the de-baffled Arrow is superb! :D

[​IMG]
  3. bug67

bug67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ↑↑↑ :tb:tb:tb↑↑↑

Is that the touring screen or standard with the adjusters? Was it difficult to pull the baffle out of the Arrow can? Does it need a re-map after pulling the baffle?

I am soooo jealous of the black frame! :deal
  4. Strada

Strada Tally Ho!

Oddometer:
    Screen is standard.
    Got the 'can with the bike and already had the baffle removed (they know me well!!). It's only held in with 1 screw.
    The sound is absolutely fantastic and constantly crackles and burbles on the over-run :D
  5. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    I put them on my 06' Tiger, and had to grind down an allen wrench just for the Rox Risers. It works fairly well. I keep it in my tank bag for adjustments when needed.
    I'm looking hard at getting an XC, so I keep reading this thread every chance I get, it's addictive.
    Again, not getting rid of my 06', thing is a freight train and my North Georgia twisty lover.
    I've also been looking at tire choices, possibles anyway, Pirelli Scorpion Rally, Metzeler Karoos, Shinko 705's, any others?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)

Yeah, the tread pattern just isn't aggressive enough for true offroad riding. But the beauty of the Tiger is that you can fit pretty much any 21" dirt tire you want to the front. And in back you can throw on a Metzeler Karoo 2 (much more aggressive than a TKC, though it'll wear out quickly on pavement) or even one of the 130/80-17 dual-sport tires like a Dunlop D606 or something, as long as you don't mind the profile flattening out a bit.

--mark
  7. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
  8. spewler

spewler Not (w)reckless

Oddometer:
    Anybody find a pdf of the service manual? I've heard they're upwards of $100US and I'm trying to avoid paying that price! How about a step-by-step oil change procedure? I haven't done it yet and won't need to for another couple of months...would prefer to have some instructions the first time I do it.
  9. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    where are these sexy black panniers for the tiger on the site? I can not find them! Someone help me internets!

Also, are the Tiger pans any good?
  10. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    To paraphrase: "Would one of you please spend $100 and buy the manual, and then take the time to scan it into a pdf and make it available so cheap bastards like me can illegally download it?"

There are a great many of us who wish we could afford the damn BIKE, and you already own one and are whining about buying the manual? ESAD!
  11. davevv

davevv One more old rider

Oddometer:
    Not a free PDF, but you can buy one here for $45. http://www.sell.com/2683PH. Don't know how he's selling them for that price, but I have one and seems to be a perfectly good factory manual. Even if you find an illegal PDF, you'll spend half of this on ink and paper just printing it.
  12. Izzbust

Izzbust Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Picked the Tiger up on Saturday.

Attached Files:

13. spewler

spewler Not (w)reckless

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave...at that price, think I'll order one!
  14. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Can anyone provide a link to the Triumph accessories - esp. for the XC ? I have been to the Triumph site and it's a bit of a mess - way too busy, and I couldn't find a link to where I can find any information about the accessories.

Cheers
    :freaky
  15. spewler

spewler Not (w)reckless

Oddometer:
    Ssevy, take a pill man! One of the purposes of this Forum is to help out fellow riders...if I had something of benefit to the riding community I'd be happy to share it.:asshat
  16. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    The VIN number tells what is your bike's model year. The 10th digit of the VIN is the international code for model year. If the 10th digit on your bike's VIN is a "B", the bike is a 2011 model. If it is a "C", it is a 2012 model year. So, for you guys with black frame bikes, is the 10th digit a B or a C?

Thanks
    Lion
  17. Boston813

Boston813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They don't include the instructions in the owners manual any more? We are not talking about replacing valve guides or something.

Usually you get a picture of the drain plug location, Oil Specs, torque Specs. If you need more than that to do an oil change on a modern motor then maybe some practice on the neighbors minivan would be a better place to start.
  18. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mess is an understatement. I found this the other day.
  19. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just to muck it up even more, my 2012 XC has a silver frame:huh
  20. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jim. The 10th digit of the VIN is a "C"?