RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Beast Rider

Beast Rider Beast Rider

Oddometer:
    Ali,
    Thx will do...I am looking forward to my surprise Christmas present from Ms Beast Rider...:lol3
  2. madjbs

madjbs n00b

Oddometer:
    I bought the Ignition 2 and Gear 2 pants. They seem good although now i'm a little worried they must be dealer samples or something and therefore probably don't have a warranty etc..
  3. Beast Rider

Beast Rider Beast Rider

Oddometer:
    Ali, Thx ...got the Revit Jacket and pants today....they are great....but I need the next size up for both...Left a voice mail but it was after your hours of operation. Not sure if you are open tomorrow....Let me know how I should ship back and get the XXL....Thanks Ali.
  4. Beast Rider

Beast Rider Beast Rider

Oddometer:
    Got the new size and both pants and jacket fit perfectly....great service by the way....ohhh....this was supposed to be a surprise present....what outfit?????
  5. msgvb

msgvb .

Oddometer:
    Missed this one when you first replied - thanks for the info! those look like a good fit. fairly subtle, as well.

I know this is an older question, but a timely one for me - I'm interested in the Powerlet/Glove combo

and yes, agreed, and I can attest to this problem first hand, even just in low 40s.

in addition, I am considering picking up some rubber slip-on covers for my levers. I find that the levers become viciously cold in the winter, and the cold soaks right through my gloves. heated grips just don't cut it in my case; fingers never get warm again once this starts, and Hippo Hands hand protector/wind deflectors don't help much either.

I'm hoping that the Powerlet glove liners with a one size up outer protective glove will allow me to ride more comfortably this season. Just need to find a nice glove.

So, which REV'IT or Dainese gloves do you guys recommend for use with the Powerlet heated liners in cold weather?

Do you recommend a shortie glove for use with the liners due to the bulky power connector?
    Looks like that might get in the way; does it? I'm surprised they didn't go with a leader-wire design instead...
  6. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    I recommend the REV'IT! Bastion or Alaska glove in REV'IT!'s Gore-Tex Winter Glove collection. I think they are cut to work well with the Glove Liner. One other glove that might be interesting is the REV'IT! Phantom GTX Glove. If you are using a heated liner for warmth, then the Phantom GTX will keep you safe and dry. The Phantom uses Gore-Tex X-trafit technology, which keeps the internal linings in place, simply put. Please note the Phantom is not insulated, so without the heated liners, it will be cold in temperatures below the mid 50's.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  7. msgvb

msgvb .

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ali - with the Bastion or Alaska, you still recommend going 1 size larger than regular glove size if being used with something like the Powerlet liner?

8. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    I do recommend going up one size if you are using a glove liner. I know there has been some discussion about how winter gloves should fit and I agree with the general consensus that a little extra room is a good thing. My Tempest H2O gloves fit me perfectly with no liner, but when I tried them on with the liner, I found that I needed to go up one size. It's difficult to predict exactly how a glove will fit until you try them on, but with all things considered here, best bet is to size up.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  9. kion

kion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the REV'IT! Cayenne Pro jacket and pants in medium size. I trashed them in a accident this fall and I decided to get another pair. But the new one feels a bit larger than the old one. It's true I lost couple pounds but still. Did Rev'it make them a little roomier for the american crowd?
  10. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Kion,
    The sizing should be the same, as there were no changes in their grading. There was a running change in the Cayenne Pro jacket in regards to the collar hook system, but it should not have affected the size. At least you can be please that your gear feels a little loose, as most folks find their gear shrinks over the winter months. :D

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  11. outsidein

outsidein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have an Olympia AST jacket and Rev'it Dakar pants. I like both but have to say after 3 years of heavy use the Olympia jacket has stood up better and would seem to offer better abrasion protection. The breathable water proofing on the Rev'It gear seems to be more breathable though.
  12. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hello Gents,

UPDATE: We have a 2012 REV'IT! Collection Review with Videos Thread Now posted in Vendors as well.

We have just unleashed the new 2012 REV'IT! Spring Collection on RevZilla with video. Hey now.

Click for the New 2012 REV'IT! Collection on RevZilla

Click for the 2012 REVIT Collection Video Review Playlist on RevZillaTV

Check out our favorite new product: The REV'IT! Horizon Jacket

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X_-G02xhJ8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's your favorite new item?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and questions.

Anthony
  13. rschulte

rschulte Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anthony:

Do you have any information on the Com gear for the Nolan N104 helmet? Price, availability, specs, etc?

Thanks
  14. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    We have not yet been provided official details on the Nolan N-Com Bluetooth Kit B4, however this is what the distributor was able to communicate. The ETA on the B4 is mid to late February, about the same time the Nolan N104 will launch. There is no confirmed pricing yet, but will likely be in the ball park of what the Nolan Basic Kit and the Nolan N-Com E-Box Bluetooth 2 Kit cost now. Please note the new B4 will be a complete kit and the Basic Kit will not be needed. The B4 will also be equipped with a FM receiver that will store up to 5 pre-set stations the user will control through the Nolan website.

When we have more information and confirmation on pricing, we will update our website.

Ali
    TeamZilla
  15. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    This is my 2nd winter with the Navigator jacket. What a deal! I love everything about it but I find myself wishing it had the 2-way sleeve zips found in the Sand model. Tucking in the gauntlets for wet weather riding is a real pain. Would a sleeve zipper retro-fit on the Navigator be feasible?
  16. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Making alterations to motorcycle apparel is typically a bad idea, especially on technical apparel like the REV'IT! Navigator Jacket. I would not recommend attempting the retro-fit.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  17. msgvb

msgvb .

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, interested in picking up a set of heated glove liners this year in order to get finger heat while still using a secondary protective over-glove.

I'm checking out the products you offer by both Powerlet and Gerbings.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I like what I'm reading about the Powerlet product, however, I'm not too keen on that power connect interface on top. Seems like it might interfere with a jacket cuff or be lumpy and uncomfortable. Any experience on this?

The Gerbings glove liner has a plain old wire connect, which I like, however, I'm interested in trying the new infrared tech of the Powerlet glove.

Ideally, I was planning on a gauntlet style protective over-glove, something by REV'IT or Dainese. Not sure how that power interface is going to work with another glove on top, esp a gauntlet glove? Seems like a second shortie glove would be worse, cuff interference wise, anyway?
  18. RevZilla

Oddometer:

I'm a big fan of the far infrared heating in the Powerlet products and have one of their jacket liners. I spoke with a colleague of mine who uses the glove liners along with a pair of REV'IT! Kelvin Gloves. On the Powerlet glove liner, the connection falls below the wrist bone, so if you are using a glove with a decent size gauntlet, you should be fine.

Ali
    TeamZilla
  19. Falcon86

Falcon86 I just work here.

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say thanks to Joel.

Called in and spoke with him a few moments ago, will be placing my online order for a helmet now.

Thanks again! :freaky
  20. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the shout-out; it's always a pleasure to help! Your helmet's already been packaged up and will be heading out on the big brown box truck in a couple hours so you should have it just in time for some weekend riding. Enjoy your new lid!

Joel
    TeamZilla