Why does the KLR engine suck in HP

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by beergut, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    I proved Off the grid is a legit troll with a post I made back on page 9:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20186584&postcount=133

10+ pages later...he's still educating all potential and actual KLR owners that we shouldn't be so convinced that our KLRs are perfect and that we definitely should have never thought that these bikes can hold their own on an MX track. This was all such disturbing news to me...thank god for his philanthropy!

Surely in my searching I've found all the people with KLRs who think they should be able to do tabletops (as Off the grid suggested was the commonplace) and the multitude of KLR owners who've sunk thousands of dollars into their bikes (as CodyY suggested was commonplace)...NOPE. What I found was what we've all known all along, KLR owners are some of the most humble riders for incredibly obvious reasons (let's be honest, we have to be that way especially with some of these douches running around like in this thread). Very few kid themselves into think their liquid cooled 650 cc behemoth is a legit "dirt bike"...and very few put thousands of dollars into something they only spent a few thousand purchasing. But it's such a travesty when even one owner commits one of these tragic faults against much less humble bike owners...isn't it, trolls?
  2. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    See, there's your first mistake right there. :norton
  3. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    It's pretty obvious if you've been following this thread. He's been here to shit the bed from the beginning. I simply isolated his posts up to make it that much more obvious, and obvious it is most certainly to anyone who's ever read a genuine troll's posts.

Maybe you can find me all those KLR owners who bitch about their bikes not being able to do tabletops, etc...? What has society come to these days when KLR owners claim their bikes are perfect! Off the grid's opinion about KLR owners is so far from reality it isn't even funny anymore. Seriously, find me these KLR owners he's trying to educate. You can't. By and large the vast majority of KLR owners don't even pretend their bikes are nothing more than a very serious compromise. How many times have you heard it, "good at nothing, OK at everything"? But according to Off the grid, there's a bunch of KLR owners out there who think nothing can beat their bikes.
  4. DirtDad

DirtDad Green Chile Guru

Oddometer:
    Well I guess I am conflicted also! I got a KLR! And a few other motorcycles. One of them is even orange. :huh

Funny, the latest issue of Dirt Bike magazine has a test on a 2011 modded KLR. :D
    Also, the person who modded the KLR, happens to own several other bikes, BMW, KTM, Gas Gas, etc...
    and he happens to be a very experienced rider. Guess he should have read this thread before modifying
    his KLR. :lol3
  5. Dolly Sod

Oddometer:
    I have been.

Why are KLR riders so thin skinned. Are they just too cheap to get the thick stuff?
  6. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    :lol2

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
  7. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    OK so you've been following this thread and don't think anyone's been trolling it. Good for you. Why are you posting here again? Just to tell me I'm mistaken? Surely you have some better reason for making a "contribution" to this forum with ever post. Or did you get all 10k posts from "here's your mistake" -type posts (i.e. posts with no discernible content)?
  8. Dolly Sod

Oddometer:
    :clap

Here's some content: Stop being an idiot.
  9. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thick skin was a dealer option only available in the sense of humor package.
  10. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    Staying classy, eh!? :evil

You spend a lot of time in the Basement, don't you? This thread is more low fruit for all the trolls of this forum...you're just standing in line at this point.
  11. Dolly Sod

Oddometer:
    I spend a lot of time all over. Sometimes in the crown, sometimes in the sewer, and a lot in between.

I can't figure out why some folks don't see this thread as the joke it is. Maybe the problem is that you're trying to "prove" something.
  12. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    Who's joking around in this thread? The OP seemed sincere. Certainly there's been a few jabs like in any ADVRider thread especially those about KLRs...it wouldn't be ADVRider without that. Those people aren't trolling like Off the grid. He's doing the usual roosting plus an extra heaping pile of steaming BS. In all reality, I think he just has same that he ever bought and/or rode a KLR650 because his own standards are so high now that he "knows better" :norton

Like I said, I could go spew the same sort of crap in KTM threads...and how quickly do you think I'd get banned just because I dared dishonor the Church of Orange Kool-Aid?
  13. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    The OP threw chum in the water.

The n00b is strong in this one

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
  14. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    +1.

And get a sense of hummer or your time here will be filled with more bitching crying.:lol3
  15. Sierra Thumper

Sierra Thumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You've got mail :D
  16. Sierra Thumper

Sierra Thumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to say.....regardless of what I think of the human behavorial side of this thread, this is one of the funniest things I've read in ages.....I'm laughing my ass off here :rofl:rofl:rofl
    I'm not sure if thats a good thing or bad :dunno ......but it sure as hell is very very funny :lol3

Now continue on :evil
  17. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:
    As for doing table tops...not sure I'd try doing one, even if I had a bike that was capable of such behavior :lol3
  18. beergut

beergut Thumper

Oddometer:
    Actually, I was drunk and needed some entertainment for the evening and knew this would spark interest. I didn't think it would last all week. :rofl
  19. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    well played sir. :lol3
  20. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:

:poser
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.