SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Spidi - on track

Spidi - on track Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dear Isk,

thank you for your interest in Ergo 365 pro Jacket.
    I don't know where you took information, but they're wrong.
    Ergo 365 Pro jacket features a 3-layers external shield. More deeply, the external fabric is made by the following 3 layers:

1st layer: 100% Nylon Oxford with Teflon Water Repellant treatment (it's the black fabric on the outside:
    2nd layer: H2Out® Hydropholic Membrane 3000 WP / 5000 TR (it's the white lamination in the middle)
    3rd layer: 18D Tricot (it's the Comfort part in the inner)

This is just the external fabric.

Of course this is worn together with the removable membrane (separate jacket) and the thermal liner (separate jacket).

What does this mean?
    If you ride in full winter time (in UK for example) you wear the 3 jackets together, while the external 3-layers-fabric doesn't get sodden at all, because of its water repellent treatment.

Again, if you ride in rainy condition in very hot climates, you just use the external 3-layers shield, close all the 6 big air intakes, stay dry, with high breathability, and don't get sodden.

PLease have a look to how our Step-in-clothing system works here.

Please reply for any question or doubts about Ergo or other Spidi H2Out® Serie items.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  2. ISK

ISK When in doubt, brew-up.

Oddometer:
    It's a fair cop - I'll try to find a dealer and have a look at one. :wink:
  3. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:

Dear Isk,

let me know which city you're located in.
    I'll try to find a dealer that stocks Ergo 365 Pro and eventually we'll organize a delivery for you to try the jacket, no problem at all.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  4. ISK

Oddometer:
    Matteo,

Thanks for this, really appreciate your help with it.
    Really struggling this morning though. I've called the six Spidi stockists nearest me (although they're all 50+ miles away). Not one keeps the 365 suit. They say it's just too expensive for them to keep in stock. They can all get one for me, but of course if I'm spending that kind of money I need to try them on to find the best size.
    All a bit frustrating.
    Nearest city to me is Oxford, or Swindon - but I think my nearest dealers are in London.
  5. ISK

Oddometer:
    Any news Matteo?
  6. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Dear ISK,

sorry for this delay in answering, we have been 3 days at Monza World Superbike WSBK race where our riders were involved in exciting races all along weekend.
    You can visit grandprixlegends in London area, they should have Ergo 365 Pro in stock, around 1 hour from Oxford.

Unit 8 Quadrum Park
    Old Portsmouth Road
    Guildford
    Surrey
    GU3 1LU
    UK
    ph. (0)8448878888

Let me know.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  7. ISK

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry Matteo, but they say no.
    GPL say they do not keep the jackets in stock as they are too expensive. They say I can guess my size in jacket and pants from the on-line Spidi size chart, pay for both (£1000) then they'll order one, and then two weeks later it'll be in, and I can travel to Guilford (which is some long way from London and considerably further from me) and try it on at their "counter" (they don't have a shop).
    If, after all that, it doesn't fit, I can have a refund, guess another size, pay again and do the whole thing again.
    I know you're doing your best, but if you're asking people to spend upwards of £1000 and choose your kit above the likes of Rukka you have to do better than this.
    I can travel to three Rukka dealers within 30 minutes of where I live, examine the range, try on sizes and then buy. Same for Hein Gericke kit.
    Sorry if I sound frustrated, but in a recession my thinking of spending £1000+ with Spidi shouldn't leave me feeling like I'm privileged to have the chance to spend and should, therefore, do it blind.:dog
  8. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:

Isk,

seems we found a solution for you!
    Have look to this retailer, it's not yet listed in our website but it's stocking Spidi , is in Oxford area and has been alerted about you testing an Ergo.

Stay in touch!

On Yer Bike
    A41 Bicester Road
    Westcott
    Bucks
    Hp18 0JX

Tel 01296 655999

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  9. ISK

Oddometer:
    Thanks Matteo - they're going to call me when they have a unit in and I believe tey've spoken to Spidi Italy to arrange that. Cheers. Will "report back" on the thread...
  10. MCGMB

MCGMB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello Matteo,

I'm interested in the Trackster Tex jacket, and some questions since none of the retail locations in my area has it in stock for me to check in person.

It seems many SPIDI jackets can attach to SPIDI pants by zipper. Does the Trackster Tex have a zipper for this purpose, and would it be able to mate with a pair of PGrid pants that I currently own?

The SPIDI Web site makes no mention of a zipper for the Trackster, though there is mention of a Clip Stop feature "..to ensure jacket stays in position when attached to trousers." What is Clip Stop?

Thank you!
  11. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Trackster Tex Jacket features clip-stop system to be connected to pants.
    Clip-stop ensures a snug fit at higher speeds; it's made of a high-resistance fabric tape locked by a button, that you can lock around your trousers' belt, or around belt loop.

Hopefully I've been clear enough.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  12. klingklang

klingklang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just found this while searching for something else. It happen sometimes... Wrote to spidi many times for info about your tuta flux rainsuit... have to say that it was not a big success. Hope that Mrs martini have other strength....
  13. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Klingklang,

hopefully I will be more prepared than my Italian collegues about Flux Rainsuit.
    Let me know which info you need.
    In the meanwhile, I remind you Flux Rainsuit is part of our Hi-visibility collection, that you can check at this address; as you probably know, Spidi is very serious about high visibility: our H2 Life Rain, for example, is certified EN 471, which is the European standard certification for high visibility in professional clothing (like policeman, fireman etc.).

[​IMG]

Let me know which Tuta Flux features are you interested in.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  14. klingklang

Oddometer:
    I was more looking a this one. Very Nice!!! I wrote them saying that after looking at their sizing chart I was missing one of the most important dim on a one piece suit (I think). So I asked what is the torso lenght and specially, beside the torso, I asked if they could give me the back dimension (base of the collar to inseam) so I could compare. I have no place where to try it. With my last triumph chevron suit, depend on how I was sitting, I was able to chose between wearing a leash pulling me or having a wedgie... . She answered with the link to the same the same sizing chart......:hmmmmm I reply that she wasn't really answering my questions. Than I receive a mail with just: 66cm

25inc (66cm) It is impossible... where you took it?..... and resend, and resend, and resend....... line is dead now.

sorry for my english

[​IMG]
  15. ISK

Oddometer:
    Not heard anything Matteo...
  16. MCGMB

MCGMB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Matteo, yes this answers my questions.
  17. klingklang

Oddometer:
    and do you have mine? torso length or best back length?
  18. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Klingklang.

Spidi Flux Rainsuit torso lenght is 88 cms in size XXL.
    Size is taken from collar to bottom of torso (groin position).

Hope it's enough.

Ciao!

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  19. klingklang

Oddometer:
    look about too short too. Always the problem for tall guys.... No dealer in Canada?
  20. nectar_balen

nectar_balen Adventurer

Oddometer:

Hey Matteo,

I'm interested in these pants, but would like just a little clarification on the liner system.

This may have been answered before, but is the outer layer of the pants waterproof or do you require the H2Out liner to ride in the rain?

Also, unlike the 365 Pro Jacket the pants have only been CE1 rated correct?

Thanks for the help!

Zack