Moto Guzzi California 1400

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by ikonoklass, Nov 13, 2012.

1. doggrell3000

doggrell3000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks . when the out the door price hits $12000 it's mine .
  2. Tilter

Tilter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully you have to buy a used one then as that will mean its a failure for MG. people out of work, even fewer dealers carrying the brand, more clones flooding the market.

But hey if it means you can save $32 a month then who cares about all the people a failure like that would hurt, right?
  3. jrflanne

jrflanne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have just bought a Griso and I have to say how impressed I am with it. The Griso will put a grin on your face and is a true pleasure to ride. I am sure the new Cali will be too. Guzzi builds a quality bike with great fit and finish. I'm not much of a cruiser guy but the Cali might turn me that way, being old and fat and all. Can't wait to ride one.
  4. doggrell3000

Oddometer:
    i am just as concerned about the workers and designers and managers of motorcycles as the next guy . my moto guzzi dealer just called and offered to sell me a brand new 2013 moto guzzi california custom for $5000 dollars . i was shocked and disappointed in my salesman's utter disregard for the future of moto guzzi and the survival of the hallowed sport of motorcycling which we all dearly love . therefore - out of a sense of honor and charity - i refused to pay such a low low price for this bike because i knew that somewhere in italy some young child whose mom or dad worked at the moto guzzi factory would be deprived of an extra order of fries with his big mac . always pay full msrp on every motorcycle you see because that way we will together do our part to make sure the economy is rejuvenated and poor italian kids can order more fries . french fries .
  5. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
  6. HapHazard

HapHazard Be Kind - Rewind

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear that the quality of your Guzzi is good. Also, if you replaced the floorboards with pegs, there isn't much "cruiser-ish" about this bike, IMHO.
    The only problem I have with Guzzi is that my inseam (36") tends to put my knees around my ears and/or shins in the motor depending on the model.

OK, I looked again, and the mufflers are a bit too long - other than that, it's pretty sweet.
  7. doggrell3000

Oddometer:
    the 2013 cal custom does have long pipes . can they be replaced with slightly shorter pipes in an all black color ? if you attach black pipes to the mg cal custom chrome engine heads would you also put black paint on the top of the engine fins ? i have always appreciated floorboards . my feet and legs feel more stable on floorboards . i think the cal custom's headlight cowling is a cool design .
  8. HapHazard

HapHazard Be Kind - Rewind

Oddometer:
    ^All things are possible. Just my impression that it looks more like a "stylish standard" than a cruiser to me.
    And with size 14 feet, floorboards always seem to be awkward and in the way.:lol3
  9. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    +1
  10. kirb

kirb should be out riding

Oddometer:
    Why would someone want it to look MORE like a HD or Victory? Style is subjective, but I always felt that MoCo's pushing blacked out look was selling a cheaper bike (powder coat) for the same money as costly chrome or polished stainless.
  11. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this actually reliable and verified?

Cuz there's still nothing on Moto Guzzi's own web site
  12. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    NO. I just made it up to fuck with you d00ds... :rolleyes

I supplied my source. Either call them, or your local dealer, if you need verification.

Todd Haven of MPH posted the flyer on WildGuzzi last week.

MPH Cycles
    16510 Park Row
    Houston Texas 77084
    Toll Free:- 1-866-746-1182

P.S. Moto Guzzi's USA webpage is notoriously outdated and the last place you will find updated info of any kind.
  13. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    Grainbelt knows.
  15. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think for what you get, it's a DAMN GOOD PRICE!! I don't even own a Guzzi.....YET!!

But this one could easily change that. I've wanted one for years, finances just weren't right, hopefully soon.

Hell, even Mama says it's sweet! If they say so, it MUST be, you know they're NEVER wrong!:rofl:rofl:rofl

It looks so damn good, with the jugs in the wind, BIGGUNS at that, and the craftsmanship, reliability, supposed handling.

I could go on, but my keyboard ain't marine grade!
  16. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
    Bump.

Any more news?

:lurk
  17. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    2nd-3rd week in April according to Rosefarm Classics.

I just called them up. :lol3
  18. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    I heard they're not taking Victory Visions as trade ins, though.

:hide
  19. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3

I dont think my sweetie is going to like the pillion seat as much... :cry
  20. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
    Bump.

Anyone seen one stateside yet?

:ear