Tiger 800XC Cockpit View

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Dubl-A, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Well, getting the power wired was pretty simple, about $5-25 per bike, depending upon what connectors you want to use. As I mentioned, the Tiger was easy because it offers a second Powerlet outlet under the seat's left side. All of the other bikes already had an SAE connector wired to the same position, as I use them for battery tenders. All I needed to do was to ensure that the wiring size was large enough to handle the current, and swap out the small fuse in the SAE pigtails for a larger fuse that will handle the heated gear power draw.

The heated gear plus control system, I purchased from Warm-n-Safe via their ADV discount (thread is here on ADV, let me know if you need help locating it.) I went whole hog and got a full set of jacket/pants/glove/socks and the dual wireless controller, plus a couple of different adapters (SAE to coaxial, Powerlet to coaxial.) I'd say it was in the neighborhood of $500; I could double check on that total if you want specifics.

RAM arm and mount base for mounting the wireless heat controller, total about $15-20; I already had the scotch-lock so no expense to me there, but probably about $3 if you buy some at a craft or hardware store.

RAM ball mount for each bike differs on what style mount you use, probably about $7-15 per bike. There are many options for mounting; GPS City is a great source for all your RAM needs.
  2. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
    All Touratech for me. I like the security and it makes my windscreen adjustable. RKA tank bag when I need it. And a basic ram mount for my ipod/ iphone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:

Clean setup FBJ! I had been looking at that exact model mount, how do you like the results of its high/low setting on the highway?

Btw, how are you running power to the GPS?
  4. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Haha, Damn IT I'm looking at heated gear now, I may PM you with specific questions. Thanks for your help YO!
  5. fbj913

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I found one setting I like on the windscreen and I never move it. The GPS is hard wired through the 665 mount. If you dont know, the zumo 665 comes with everything you need to run straight to your battery. I may have a pic that shows a little better. Ill look around.
  6. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:

Yea I want a Zumo 350LM which I thought comes with the wiring. Please post up if you do find any more pics, thanks again!
  7. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    One last question, what risers are these? Were they more expensive than the standard extension risers?? More info :ear
  8. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    These are Rox Risers. They are more expensive, but more flexible. I have a set I don't use as I don't like the "double clamping".
  9. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Cool thank for the info Cug. Are your risers for the 800?? If so I may buy them from ya if you're interested :ear
  10. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Yeah, mine are for the 800. But as I'm going for surgery tomorrow morning I won't be able to send them out for a few weeks. Not certain when I actually can. That's why I'm not pushing to sell anything right now.
  11. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    No biggie. Take care of yourself man, hope all goes well
  12. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Thanks. It will. Need to get more bikes! :deal
  13. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Questions guys/gals....

Do any of you know a way to "Daisy-chain" multiple coax heated options, controlled by (1) controller??

I specifically would like to add heated grips but would like to control the seat and grips by my (1) Coax controller.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :1drink
  14. fbj913

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't do that... what if you need the seat but not the grips, or visa versa? just my 2c. Or maybe I'm not understanding.
  15. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Good point although here in the high desert area I'm pretty sure I'd be using both when its cold.

Really just trying to cut down on controls
  16. Bad-Tat

Bad-Tat 800 XC

Oddometer:
    I don't think any controller will handle the load from all those devices. Why not go one for Bike heat and another for all the clothing?
  17. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    All those devices? Persoanlly I'd like to just control power for the grips and seat. :ear