Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I have a 2010 7X16 United UXT with about 1000 miles on it. I used it one time to haul household goods.

I have 60 feet of e-track and several hundred dollars worth of clip in D-rings for the track (all new and uninstalled)

It is white with a heavy duty ramp door. It is 7' tall so you can ride into it without ducking. One piece aluminum roof. Rivet-less exterior, bull nose front cap, Stainless front corners & diamond plate rock guard. Electric brakes, spare tire, LED lights all around. Side entrance door as well.

Will hold 4 large adventure bikes without a chance of them ever touching or 6-8 off-road bike bikes packed in there like sardines.

I used to have vacations/time off work and my plan was to add a screen side door and a roof mounted air conditioner and turn it into a primitive camper.

I have painted the walls battleship grey. I have two gallons of the same paint for the floor.

Stored inside my barn.

SPECIFICATIONS FOR UXT SERIES:

FRAME AND HITCH
    • Heavy Duty Steel Frame Construction
    • Protective Undercoating on Lower Frame
    • Weatherguard Coating on all Fasteners
    • 16" On-Center Walls
    • 16" On-Center Floor & Ceiling
    • 2 5/16" Coupler

TIRES AND AXLES
    • E-Z Lube Hubs®
    • 15" Radial Tires
    • Aluminum Wheels
    • 3500 lb Independent Torsion Axles w/Brakes
    • 7-Way Trailer Plug

INTERIOR
    • 3/8” Plywood Interior Walls
    • 3/4" Plywood Floor
    • Lauan Roof Reinforcement
    • Approx. 6' 6” Interior Height

EXTERIOR
    • .030 Smooth Aluminum Exterior
    • Screwless Exgterior Sides Eliminating Screws
    • 24” Aluminum Stone Guard
    • Safety Chains
    • Aluminum Outside Fenders
    • TSR Sidewall Vents
    • Bright Front Corners
    • Deluxe Trim
    • Choice of Rounded Front Cap, No Cap and Flat Front, Racer Special Front

DOORS
    • Ramp Door
    • 32" Side Door

12 VOLT ELECTRICAL
    • (2) 12-Volt Lights w/Switch
    • LED Clearance and Tail Lights

WARRANTY
    • 7 Year Limited Warranty
    • 25 Year Floor Warranty

They are about $6,500 + tax new,

I will take $4,500 (I have more than $500 in the e-track & clips that will go with it.)
  2. S2P

S2P Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scott,
    I'm still in the planning stages, I don't have any funds at the moment to buy. Mgorman made a like offer to me and I appreciate both.
  3. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    No worries, I'll probably work on selling it next spring.

In the meantime......

Here are some things for you FFs to do.

Victory demos @ Iron Pony September 10-11

Paw Paw Festival @ Albany Ohio September 13-15 http://www.ohiopawpawfest.com/

Mothman Festival @ Point Pleasant WV September 21-22
    http://mothmanfestival.com/ (there is an ADV ride leaving Grove City in the early AM on the 21st for this event)
  4. CBBaron

CBBaron Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dont imagine single axle vs dual axle will be significant difference in drag, provided bearings and tires are of equivalent quality.
    However that gate is a significant drag and the main reason for your hard pull. Next time pull the gate off and replace with a couple ramps than can lie flat on the trailer if you have to pull it any distance. The ramp gates are good for landscapers that are getting on and off the trailer multiple times a day after short drives between stops. But will suck gas at highway speed.

Craig
  5. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    Victory again? Weren't they just there a couple months ago? I think I can make it this time (had to work afternoons last time).
  6. B-Mac

B-Mac Aged Beef

Oddometer:
    SCQTT, What is the empty weight of your trailer? I am looking for one but I may need to go with a Aluminum Construction to get at or below 2000lb empty weight that I need. Also would you like to sell the E-Track and clips as they are now? Thanks, Brian
  7. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I'll have to look, but I think my trailer weighs 2,300 (think) I hardly notice it even when full, but I am pulling it with a 3/4 ton diesel.

No, I can't sell the stuff separate. I need to hang onto the track and rings, it will either go with the trailer or I'll keep the whole shebang and use it one every couple of years.
  8. Mgbgt89

Mgbgt89 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of trailers... I'm in the market for a one or two rail dirtbike trailer. Something very light, and cheap.
  9. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I have one you can borrow whenever.
  10. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have 4.5' x 8' Triton aluminum trailer you are welcome to as well. Weighs about 300 lbs.
  11. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    What's the weight capacity? I might want to borrow it to move my Gator. It weighs around 1000-1200#. I feel silly using the 26' car trailer to move it.
  12. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think 2500 lbs. I am out of town right now but can check on Monday when I get back.
  13. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There has been one 4 sale in Danville all summer it was still there last friday night when we went by. Its south of the BP station and north of the other gas station on the right side if you are going south on 62.
  14. bmoto54

bmoto54 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in Mineral Ridge and have a 7x12 open trailer that you can borrow. Not sure of the weight capacity but I've hauled a utility quad and three full sized bikes without an issue.
    Updated: the trailer has a 2600# weight capacity.
  15. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Last chance for fireworks ride.....Tim Horton`s -Lancaster,Ohio @8:30 Saturday.
  16. ScienceOfDirt

Oddometer:
    No hurry. I wont need it for a couple of months. I'm thinking of trading in the 2-seat Gator at the end of the season for a 4 seater. Mama doesn't like the girls riding in the bed of it.
  17. ScienceOfDirt

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the offer. If I'll PM for details if I need to come and get it.
  18. GSF1200S

GSF1200S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive been on an Alaska trip for 4 months now, and I have to say that of all the states ive been to, Ohioans (sp?) were by far the most friendly. Is this just luck that I ran into so many nice people or is this something that Ohio is known for?

I'll be honest- it was a transit state, but after seeing all the farmland and meeting all the nice people, I figure I might go back there next time I'm in the area.

Guys throwing thumbs up on highways, talking to people at gas stations, etc. Just like the rest of my trip really, just far more prevalent.
  19. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think it was luck. The former Company Commander of my Army Reserve unit commented that during his time here, he never had so many people come up and thank him for his service.
  20. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    No shite? A Gator? You hung up on JD? Read up on it. Most people, unless they have a ton of green stuff in a big barn choose something else.