Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get your mind outta the gutter she was obviously 'dripping' with glee....:D:evil
  2. dljocky

dljocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Pete.

3. Downer

Downer Downer

Oddometer:
    I have a Madstadt if you want to take a look. I think I am going to go back to Desierto. I bought the Madstadt because I thought I was going to be doing more distant traveling. That is not going to be happening and I like the look of the Desierto better. I have been too lazy to take it off and put it on the Flea Market.

If you are interested let me know.

4. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Todd,
    Not what I wanted to see so early in the morning but KLIM does make nice gear. What about the photos of what you got for her????? :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
  5. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Chuck-
    Monday we ride!!! I get my bike back today.

I was gonna try to hit the RTE, but don't think I can make it. I guess I will use my Groupon to the Alamo with Nicole instead. If any one wants to meet there for a later RTE, PM me with you number & I will keep you posted on timing. I was thinking closer to 1:00-1:30...
  6. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    I'm fine with later. Gives Guy a chance to join as well.
  7. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info! See link for booster info, it supposedly is a 5 minute plug and go system that fools the compter into thinking it's 30 degrees cooler than it is. Seems like the surging, stumbling, twitchiness of many modren fuel injected bikes is related to them being required to run so lean to mean Euro/California air standards. When you add a aftermarket pipe, like mine, it makes the problem worse. This device makes power delivery smoother, the bike will run better, be less twitchy, it widens the midrange and improves fuel economy. They make them for many different modern fuel injected bikes that run too lean from the factory. A power commander does the same thing for a lot more money and requires a dyno. This device only cost $150.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/booster-plug/

Jeremy and Dan,
    As far as riding west tomorrow...we'll see. I tweaked my back while simply reaching into my truck to grab a parking card yesterday morning, it's still hurting when I move. I slept last night from 8:15 until 6:30 this morning. I am walking around the office like a 90 year old man. I can't imagine having to upright a sleeping GS right now! Stay tuned, I am taking my Motrin to see if this helps...
  8. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm still out.

Slight hiccup with their picking it up, so it's gonna be a little later.

One day folks; I'll make it again.

9. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea, wide open. you can hop on from belmont, cogbill, or ironbridge. It gets grown up after that. But there is a nice trail all the way down the lines between those roads, and then some trails in the woods on the side. I don't know if it's as big as the training grounds, but I haven't been able to explore the whole thing. It seems like a good amount of riding.
  10. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Might as well take it easy.. weathers looking even worse. weather.com says about tomorrow:
    Cloudy with rain and snow. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.
    Westward is much the same, only colder. So f-that. New plan is to get up, sit by the fire, drink coffee and look at motorcycle pictures on the internet.

RTE today is a possibility.. so we still talking Alamo at 1:00-ish?
  11. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Dan, Rick, & anyone else,

I will be at the Alamo between 1-1:30...rolling as fast as I can.

See y'all there..

Jimmy you gonna make it?
  12. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was gonna make the RTE but wife wants to shoot her new shotgun, so off to Black Creek we go by way of the dump. :D

Funny how when ya take a day off from work someone always has a say in what ya really wanna do!:D:evil
  13. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    I'll be there.
  14. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
  15. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So while you guys were rte'ing I was riding.

[​IMG]
  16. bastardbiker

bastardbiker Lost in the Void

Oddometer:

Sweet photo. Did you take any others of the area? I'd be interested to see more, but I expect I'll be checking the area out soon anyway. Hopefully we can meet up for a ride! I'm actually about to go check out some powerlines up near brook road in northside because I think I saw some trails on google maps.
  17. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Spent the day going to NoVA for work so I wasn't on here. When I looked at the weather this morning I pretty much became unconvinced about going west tomorrow.

Eddy take it easy and let your back rest. Plenty of weekends to come.
  18. Charles

Charles Formerly known as Dr Whipit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks. That looks like a great product that not only improves performance but appears to improve mileage as well. That ups my wish list to about $8150!!!

Looks wetter than when we were out there last! that was a blast! :clap
  19. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    She is back where she belongs finally!!!
    [​IMG]
    Jesse Bags & AltRider Bars get here tomorrow for installation...
  20. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice. Did you ever get the little GS put back together fully? If not, I have a feeling it will be a while longer before you do.