Great Spacecoaster dualsporting

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Kommando, Jan 21, 2012.

1. scubadown

scubadown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah all healed up. Maybe next weekend then. Found a new cool place to ride.
  2. gadgetguy1288

gadgetguy1288 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just thought I'd pop in and say hey! I'm a Merritt Island native, born and raised. Then I joined the USCG and got sent all over the country. Currently residing in NC, about an hour west of Kitty Hawk/ Outerbanks area.

But all of my family is still in the Brevard area, and I try to make it back down there a few times a year to visit.

:wave
  3. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey gadgetguy, you wouldn't happen to be from Ridge Manor Estates, would you?

Retired USCG here - I understand a neighbor on the cul de sac a few houses down has a son in the CG.
  4. gadgetguy1288

gadgetguy1288 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, I'm from the Villa de Palmas/Sykes Creek area(up near the barge canal).

What did you do in the CG, and how long ago did you get out? I'm currently stationed at Air Station Elizabeth City, and I'm an AET.
  5. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool! Enlisted in 1977, turned 26 the night before I graduated boot camp (had already been to college).

Spent '78-'79 in Cape May as an instructor. Late 79 - 81 running SAR at the world's busiest - Base Miami Beach. Made it to BM2. Kicked in the ass to go to OCS late 81. Two years in the Gru Ops office in Mobile. DWO on CGC Courageous out of Key West, then CO of Cape Fox out of Key West. Can you say Gov't Yacht Club? Came to MI from there to take the CGLO spot at DEOMI at Patrick AFB. From there, Ops boss on CGC Escape (213 hand-me-down from the Navy that saw combat duty in 1943). Last tour was at D8(ole) serving variously as Asst Branch Chief, Acting Branch Chief, and a few other less glamorous jobs. Lots of sea stories in that history.

Retired in 1997 and came back to the house we bought in Merritt Island.

Early 2000s I had the privelege to work at Canaveral Port Authority for the same CG officer that kicked me in the ass to go to OCS. I'm the chairman of the Small World Department - more instances than that prove it.

Oh yeah, are you fixed wing, rotary wing, or both? I've been lucky enough to collect a few hours stick time in HH52s. Flew one time in a C-130. That was a trip - especially getting right down on deck to ID fishing vessels in the Gulf.
  6. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in joining in on one of these space coast rides. I never get out that way much since I dont know anybody out there to ride with. Some solo action shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get pretty bored riding by myself. I wanna join a group! :deal
  7. EZman671

EZman671 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How about some info on where the tracks are that go with those pictures?
  8. Sandspit

Sandspit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would also like to know where the trails above are. The top one w/ the stacks is definately Orlando area, I have wondered if ther were trails around it, guess so....
    Back to the question on hand...Does anyone want to ride today? say around 6:30? Sorry for the short notice. Central Melbourne, fun trails & small MX track but I am not sure how wet they are.
    Best dirt in Melbourne!
    -Sandspit
  9. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    Numbering pictures in the order i posted them using exact longitude and latitude coordinates I got off google maps. copy and paste coordinates into google maps search bar should take you right to the location.

Picture 1: 28.485858,-81.1518

Picture 2: 28.360929,-81.288227

Picture 3: prefer not to share, sure I was not supposed to be there. (and I haven't been back)

Picture 4: 28.355288,-81.269586

Picture 5: 28.492106,-80.883347 (you have to pay about 3$ to get in and the riding is not that great, too many blocked off areas)

Picture 6: A gas station in Christmas

Picture 7: 28.424654,-81.120885

I have plenty other pictures of good riding places. Ill post a few shortly with more coordinates of where they were taken.

:ricky
  10. Sandspit

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Space Coast Dirt ...Fun!!!!!!
  11. Sandspit

Oddometer:
    PM Ride on the Space Coast...Riding a tanker like a MX 'r, thank you D606's.

I love Berms....

[​IMG]asdasdchasj

Berms around water

[​IMG]

Berms and doubles...no doubles today...
    [​IMG]

Yacht

[​IMG]jsadcbas

D606's and SAND

[​IMG]dzfgdgaz

Sandy Trails
    [​IMG]

dirty south paradise.....:norton
    [​IMG]
    Back Home, Surf Check (FLAT,,,,) minutes before the Storm Opens Up

[​IMG]

A fun after work session with cool downdrafts and no crashes..

-Sandspit
  12. gadgetguy1288

gadgetguy1288 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Im on C-130J's, qualified as an MSO(Mission System Operator), I get to play with the Radar, FLIR(Forward Looking InfaRed) camera and all the fun VHF, UHF, and HF radios that we have. :D

I went to boot camp in summer of 08, went to a 110' patrol boat out of Juneau, AK, then spent a few months in Sitka, AK at the air station there before going to a school, and then coming here to Elizabeth City.

Crossing my fingers for Clearwater in a few years when I transfer. lol
  13. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    Heres a couple more. I don't want to be one of those guys that blows up an entire page with pictures so this is the last batch for a while. :hide

Picture 1: 28.604832,-81.054727
    [​IMG]

Picture 2: 28.241525,-81.249492
    [​IMG]

Picture 3: 28.356133,-81.245216 (this entrace i went in is fenced off now, You can get back in there at 28.35225,-81.240381)
    [​IMG]

Picture 4: 28.553889,-80.855229 This one is in space coast :1drinkthe only picture I have riding out there.
    [​IMG]

Picture 5: 28.616094,-81.225908
    [​IMG]

Picture 6: 28.537509,-81.078667
    [​IMG]

Picture 7: sorry about this one but im not exactly sure where this one was taken. but it was in the area of these coordinates. 28.316868,-81.12363
    [​IMG]

Picture 8: 28.241052,-81.249311
    [​IMG]

Picture 9: (best for last!) Daytona Bike week 2011!
    [​IMG]

Picture 10: Daytona Bike week 2011! (thats my buddy in the green)
    [​IMG]

please excuse some of the shitty quality. some of those pictures were shot with a cell phone camera.

:freaky
  14. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    great pics sandspit! Where is that at? :deal I must visit!
  15. Sandspit

Oddometer:
    Sub-Zero - PM me or check in here , I'll fill you in on the location and/or met you for a tour of the area, I just added a few more pics, I am availble any day to ride. Got Knobbies???.

We like pics!!! Post some more from Central FL.
  16. Sub Zero

Sub Zero Ice Breather!

Oddometer:
    Got a blown head gasket that I need to replace as soon as it shows in the mail. Its supposed to show up sometime early next week, so as soon as everything is back in action Ill let you know! Yes i got knobbies but they are almost worn out, Im guessing about 500 more miles and im going to need new tires.
  17. Sandspit

Oddometer:
    Any one up for a ride today?, cooler temps and a nice breeze..Melbourne dirt, not far from the center of town...

[​IMG]

Availble to ride this AM or later as well...

-Sandspit
  18. scubadown

scubadown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody up for a ride Sunday morning?
  19. Sandspit

Oddometer:
    I'm down for Sunday AM, depending on the weather...How about center of town Melbourne? I have beeen riding the area in the above pics most of the week, it is dry (for now), close to home, and really fun...Do you have knobbies? If so, it would really help, if not you should be OK as well, there are hard packed trails, etc.
  20. scubadown

scubadown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sandspit

Sounds like a plan. Is that the Credit Union trails I have heard about? I do have knobbies. What time (suggest 9AM?) and where to meet? My cell is 321 five three seven 7946, if you want to call. I will check the weather before I leave the house, but if it is like today, it should be good.

Tom