LDComfort Undergarments Riding Shorts

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by mariowink, Feb 17, 2009.

1. peterb

peterb Long Distance Adventurer

Oddometer:
    HEY! we all love a sale - savings to me, savings to you and a buck to the business.

This just in - nigh 1/3 off! of LDComfort tights - my proven favorite in my winning of the 5-Day SPANK '07 Ralley.

Check 'em out and do yourself a favor. www.LDComfort.com Click on red special offer.
  2. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    When these men's riding tights are gone I will take them off the website and post that the sale is over. There will never be a better time to get the LDComfort Riding Tights. (Limited to stock on hand)
    Mario
  3. Ducky 149

Ducky 149 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is a "TRACTION STRIP" and how will it make my life better? I am on the edge of 2 sizes, which way should I go, up or down.
  4. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for asking. The traction strip in the LDComfort Riding Tights is a strip of elastic type band that is sewn in above the knees to help keep the garment from riding up during use. Its function is to provide a little traction to hold the fabric in place. It is not designed to operate as constriction. Some riders felt it was not needed in the tights as it is in our popular Riding Shorts. We have eliminated that traction strip in our current line of Riding Tights. The stock we have on hand with the traction strip is the item we have listed at +30% off. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Hope this helps.<o:p></o:p>
  5. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My "on sale" tights arrived today,hope to give them a workout this weekend.

Thanks!

JR356
  6. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    Well? Did you put in about 2000 miles? How was the workout?
  7. WhistlingFool

WhistlingFool Dixie!? I know a Dixie...

Oddometer:
    I bit..

with 25k to ride in the next 4 months I have a feeling I will need these.

I'll do a trip report or two here, but in the meantime there is always the blog...

Is there place on ADV to put pre-trip reports?

annnnywho!
  8. Chairman

Chairman Everyday is Friday

Oddometer:
    These are the ONLY riding shorts I have tried that have never given me a rash after several hundred miles. I'm planning on ordering a couple more pairs.

I know once I would have paid twice the price for one pair (OWWW!)

See you at the MOA Rally! I'll already have mine (it's not worth the wait to save on the shipping).
  9. JFLovely

JFLovely Jack of all Trades

Oddometer:
    I've purchased many riding shorts from him over the last few years and also a set of long tights and long sleeve mock turtle neck that I wear in the winter for work as long underware up here in the Great White North and they are better than any I buy up here so you will find they are multi purpose. :freaky
  10. OldSchoolMike

OldSchoolMike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered one new pair of tights and one shirt. I entered the ADV discount code for free shipping and it appears that I did not get it. My credit card was charged an additional $7 for shipping. Is the ADV discount no longer active or did I do something incorrectly?
    Mike
  11. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    Mike, I went back and checked your order and don't see where you entered the coupon code. This discount code for the ADV is still active. We do not discount the order after it is placed but the customer does this during the order by placing the code in the correct field when making the order. I just checked the system and it works just fine. (Enter the code during the one page checkout and press the go button.) If you enter the code in the customer notes that will not work. Perhaps you didn't press the go button to collect the discount. ( Shrug! ):cry
  12. OldSchoolMike

Oddometer:
    Still love the tights and shirt.

Thanks-

Mike
  13. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Discount code? What discount code?
  14. KimR

KimR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look at the Vendor Discount sticky above.
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Banned

Oddometer:
    I have a couple of questions Mario. I am very thankful you make "big guy" sizes, but your t-shirt fits me in girth, but is about 8" too short. Any chance on a tall version? (I wear a 6xl Tall).

Next quesiton is that in your full length undergarments, they fit me in girth again, but they assume I am 7'-6 tall. What type of thread and stitch would I use to hem them much shorter (I am 'only' 6' tall)? I want the fabric to remain flexible. I nee to shorten them by a good 8".
  16. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    Go to our website and fill out the contact-us form about the shirt. Shipping can send a bit of fabric for you to add to the bottom of the shirt. (Your task to sew it.) http://www.ldcomfort.com/store/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update About the tights being too long: Take some black nylon thread and tack the seam where you want to cut it. Then, cut it off where you like. No need to hem them if you do not want to as the fabric will not un-ravel. Or..hem if you like. Just make sure to do a good job on tacking the seam. Cool?
  17. bradatlarge

bradatlarge Insha'Allah

Oddometer:
    Hey Mario~

I read through the FAQ on your site and don't see any mention of inseam for the tights.

I'm 6'2, 180lbs - so tall and slender-ish with looong legs. I've got a 34 inch waist and 36 inch inseam. Looks like I should be using a large but, I'm concerned about the length on the tights.

:ear
  18. OldSchoolMike

Oddometer:
    Just got home from a 15-day 6500-mile ride through TX, NM, AZ, CA, NV, UT, ID, MT, WY, NB, KS, OK and back to TX. Temperatures ranged from 36F to 107F. Took extra riding clothes but ended up wearing the same thing every day (washed out each night, of course): LD Comfort long-sleeve shirt, LD Comfort tights, Tech Sox, Side Sport boots and Darien jacket and pants.

Following Mario's instructions on the LDComfort site (www.ldcomfort.com) I was completely comfortable in all conditions. I can't say enough about the LDComfort undergarments paired with the Aerostitch Darien. I was rained on most of the 15 days but stayed dry and comfortable. At 107F in Death Valley I controlled the airflow through the jacket vents just as Mario's instructions and was completely comfortable (it was damned hot when I stopped though). I only added the Darien jacket liner when the temps dipped into the 50s; the LDComfort stuff really extends the range of comfortable temps.

A big thumbs up Mario!!!! :clap
    mariowink likes this.
  19. SASCANADA

SASCANADA SASCanada

Oddometer:
    I must be daft but I have gone through each post here twice looking for a discount code and cannot find it...I have an order in my shopping cart for long and short pants and a long and short sleve shirts....I live in toronto canada and wondered before I push "order" if I can use the code for shipping and also if there is a supplier here before I order....

SAS
    1888 696 1762
  20. Hotspice

Hotspice Satellites not acquired Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's not actually in this thread. It's in the Stickied thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431761