Dirt riding around Arlington Wa.

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Road Rash, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm heading up to Arlington this weekend to visit my son and will be packing my KLX400 so I can go riding with him, he has my old XT600. He hasn't done much riding around there except for Granit Falls. What is closer, better and less crowded, Granite Fallls or Walker Valley?
    I PM'ed Mr. Cob to see if he's up to riding this Saturday (9/24) if any of you other FF's would like to show us around I would welcome it.
  2. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:

RR keep an eye out on the site if my shoulder feels a little better I maybe into a few hours. Right now I'm still having a little pain issue with the shoulder from Duvall 3
  3. CascadeThumper

CascadeThumper Critical Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Spada Lake is always fun. Entrance/parking lot is just Southeast of Granite Falls and there's many miles of dirt and gravel. Ya might see a few quads climbing over the blackberries, too. I'm booked next weekend....but most any other time....Keep the wheels turnin'
  4. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Oh just rub a little dirt on it and get back in the game :evil
  5. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Last time I rode with my son we met Mr. Cob at his place and he took us to a riding area about 5mi? out of Granite Falls would that be it?
  6. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz

Oddometer:
    RR,

Yeah, I think thats it.

I'd be up for some FS road type stuff on Sat., you might be bored on the KLX. After Duvall 3, I'm sticking to gravel w/ Sybil.

Could check out FS 17/18 & the Firetower NW of Darrington: FS roads & doubletrack.

:dunno
  7. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    After riding to the firetower above Ukiah (where's Drityboy?) and the one in IDC, I like fire towers, great views :thumb Yeah I would get bored on the KLX riding nothing but fire roads, but this all about riding with my son, and he's still learning (the hard way) to muscle that XT600 around the single tracks after his last bike, a YZ125, kind of a steep learning curve :D
  8. gentry

gentry For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer:
    I might be up for somethin' on sunday but Im in the "Damaged DRZ" crowd at the moment...
  9. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    "Fix it" :evil

:D
  10. gentry

Oddometer:

Aurora Suzuki says "parts are on order......" :deal
  11. dirtyboy

dirtyboy Wheel spinner

Oddometer:
    Howdy Tom! Sorry I'm a little slow to chime in on this one...been kinda buried since returning from vacation last week. Bummer about the timing, I'm already double-booked for the entire weekend and trying to decide what I'm going to do. And then work might screw it all up anyway.

Regarding ideas for riding near Arlington, I'm afraid I can't be much help. Walker Valley should be a good option as many of the trails are pretty forgiving and it should be easy enough to avoid the tougher stuff. After all, the only way your son is gonna get comfortable in the tight stuff is to ride the tight stuff, right? I've only ridden out there once but there's enough terrain to keep you busy and if you go on a weekend you should be able to find someone to give some advice on which trails to explore.

Most of my riding takes place to the south and east so I'm just not familiar enough with the area up there. Sorry I can't be more help...guess I'm just another useless FF. :eek1 Hopefully some of the other local brethren can be more helpful!!

To everyone else,
    RR is a great guy and you'll definitely have fun riding with him if you can make it. Just make sure he doesn't break out the teapot until after the riding's done... :evil

Cheers,
    db
  12. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Hey dirtyboy, I've been meaning to contact you, the only thing I could understand on your voice mail I got on the way to IDC was that you had to go back home, it was all broke up. I hope all is well and we'll have to get together one of these days, I have some picture for ya from Ukiah.
  13. dirtyboy

dirtyboy Wheel spinner

Oddometer:
    The short story is that when I was on my way to IDC and finally got into cell range, I found out that some stuff had come up over the weekend and I needed to get back to Seattle. I saw the photos you posted on your ride report. That was some fun riding down there, I want to go back with my enduro bike and explore some more. You can email me @ t509speed@yahoo.com if you have some photos you want to send.

Sorry I can't join you this weekend. Maybe we need to plan a group outing down near Ukiah?? I wonder how deep into Fall you can ride down there.

Cheers,
    db
  14. gentry

Oddometer:
    My parents might be coming through sat morning. If not then i'm in. Its almost been a whole week since I busted something....
  15. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Flying in from the mother land or are they over here now too. So you did not envite all your buddys to come meet them :lol3 What afraid of what we might do or the pictures we may bring :evil Hope you can make it, its always better to break more shit before you fix all the broken stuff :rofl
  16. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    RR, have you decided on a meeting spot yet? I don't know if I'm in yet or not but just in case. :ear
  17. gentry

Oddometer:

they are here. hurricane zone houston..

ill ride sometime this weekend fer sure, just not sure when :thumb
  18. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Well then I think it's about time :lol3
  19. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Don't know, I guess it depends on who we meet and where we go.
    I'll shoot ya (and anyone else who wants it) a PM with my # later.
  20. gentry

Oddometer:
    Im a "go" for sunday but saturday is full with family and work.