Holan Nomada Pro panniers and more for the KTM 1190 Adventure

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaryracer, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Holan is busy prototyping Nomada Pro pannier systems for the new KTM 1190 Adventure to ensure you have an "ADV-ready" option when the bikes arrive in North America. Pictures here reflect the prototype rack, but I'll post up more pictures as a production-ready system is completed. Once I have more details on other Holan products for this bike - crashbars, headlight lens guard, top case plate, luggage rack, etc. - I'll update this thread, but expect the offerings will be similar to what they have for the 950/990 Adventure. If there's something specific you'd like to see for the 1190, please let me know - I'm always happy to check and see if it's either on the product roadmap or is something they can add!

In contrast to most other symmetrical Nomada Pro systems, the 1190 Adventure uses an asymmetrical setup to achieve the best visual balance on the bike. That highly styled factory exhaust keeps the pannier rack from getting much closer to the bike (see pictures below), so the best fit and narrowest profile is achieved with an exhaust cut and one size smaller pannier. For reference, the prototype in these pictures has a 38L full-size pannier on the left side of the bike, with a 31L exhaust-cut pannier on the right.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Preliminary system width measurements for the asymmetrical Pro system (with exhaust cut) are as follows....
    • 31L (Exhaust Cut) + 38L Nomada Pro panniers - 92cm, or 36.2"
    • 38L (Exhaust Cut) + 45L Nomada Pro panniers - 100cm, or 39.4"
    As with all Holan pannier systems, the weld and powdercoating quality is first rate. Standard systems will still come with powdercoated black steel racks and natural/aluminum panniers, with stainless racks, powdercoated panniers (matte black or gray), and powdercoated lids all available as upgrades. We will have pricing available shortly, but expect it will be in line with the other Nomada Pro systems seen here.

Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.

Thanks!

Jason
    EkrebDK likes this.
  2. speed_racer

speed_racer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey mate,
    that looks alright.. Just one thing though, whats just the rack worth? as I dont want to run hard panniers?

Cheers,
    speed_racer
  3. amitch888

amitch888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    X2 I'd be keen on just a rack.

Cheers, Mitch
  4. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys - thanks for the interest! I might recommend you contact Holan's Australian distributor as he can probably get the racks to you a bit cheaper than having me ship from the States. The website is www.mtdtours.com, and I think he goes by 'lockyv7' on ADVrider.

Thanks!
  5. speed_racer

speed_racer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate, your probably right. I was just curious on the price though.. as Locky told me to wait a month before he gets the pricing..

Cheers,
    SR
  6. Dr LC8

Dr LC8 ...soon or later

Oddometer:
    Very nice. I friend of mine has it got on a 640 ADV and they are very nice. Not any worst then my Touratech KTM!

Nic
  7. Davy F

Davy F Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer:
    Are these into full production yet and are there any updated pictures ?
  8. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Davy F - I'll check in with Holan and see if I can get some more info on pricing and availability. We haven't received any in the States yet, but if they are built and in stock at the factory, it's no problem to bring them in.

Thanks!

Jason
  9. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys - the systems are in production and can be ordered from the factory as usual. Our December order will be going in early next week. and I would expect any pre-orders placed on that production run to arrive at our shop in New York by late February. It's possible they could show up sooner, but that's probably a realistic expectation. I should have the system up on our website later this weekend (I've got quite a few new products for the new 1190 to add from multiple suppliers), but here's a quick summary:
    • Nomada Pro II System 31L + 38L - Black Racks / Natural Aluminum Panniers - $1,099.99
    • Nomada Pro II System 38L + 45L - Black Racks / Natural Aluminum Panniers - $1,114.99
    Stainless steel racks in bead-blast finish will be available as usual for a $50 upcharge, and panniers and lids can be powdercoated in a matte textured black or gray for an additional $70 (or just lids alone for $25). Optional lock sets in 4-packs or 6-packs keyed alike are recommended and are in stock.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me, email us at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks again!

Jason
  10. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    We've been hard at work loading up a bunch of new products on the site for the 1190 Adventure / R, including the Holan pannier systems for both the stock and Remus Hexacone exhaust. You can see the full catalog for the 1190 by clicking here, and we'll be adding products daily over the next week or so.

I'll also post some new pictures of the Holan Nomada Pro II panniers systems for the 1190 later today, and get everything linked to the respective product pages. We have another order going in to Holan this week for estimated delivery in late February, so please PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com for more info if you'd like to be added to the list.

Thanks!
  11. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some new pictures of the asymmetrical 1190 Adventure / R system....pics to come shortly of the even narrower symmetrical system (requires the Remus exhaust). The R model shown below has a 31L + 38L setup with the bead blasted stainless racks and optional lower luggage loops. You can also see the stainless single water bottle mount on the right 31L pannier, the 3L fuel bottle and stainless mount on the left 38L pannier, and the ADV box that fits below the pannier.

All the pictures are now linked to the respective product pages on our website, so please feel free to click for more info! Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Dragonflylily likes this.
  12. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the pictures of the symmetrical system, which requires the Remus Hexacone exhaust. For reference, these are 31L panniers in natural aluminum with black lids. You can just make out the optional Holan ADV box mounted underneath the left pannier in the second picture.

As the Remus-specific system is symmetrical (Holan starts with two equal size panniers before one is notched for the exhaust), it will look the most visually balanced on the bike and really gets about as tight to the bike as possible. To compare:

Asymmetrical Holan Nomada Pro II System (Stock or Aftermarket Exhaust) -
    • 31L + 38L - 92cm
    • 38L + 45L - 100cm
    Symmetrical Holan Nomada Pro II System (Remus Hexacone Exhaust Required) -
    • 2 x 31L - 87cm
    • 2 x 38L - 95cm
    • 2 x 45L - 103cm
    One of the great unknowns at this point is what (if any) other aftermarket exhausts will fit with the "Remus-specific" pannier racks. As soon as I get confirmed fitments I'll post up here, but at this point the only I can recommend is the one that is known to work....<strike>and unfortunately, I don't carry Remus exhausts. :cry</strike>....and as of 1/31, ADV Motorrad is now a REMUS dealer and can source the required Hexacone exhaust for this system! :D

You can click on any of the pictures below to be linked directly to the Remus-specific system page. Any questions, please feel free to contact me!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  13. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the information. I have been looking at this set up.
    I have a wings short exhaust so I'll be waiting to hear what you find out about other exhausts.
  14. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Pat - will definitely update this thread as soon as I get confirmed fitment info. From the quick research I did on the Wings site, that pipe tucks in pretty closely so there's a good chance it would work, but will keep you posted.

Of course....we signed on as a Remus dealer yesterday, so now I have access to that uber-cool Hexacone. :evil
  15. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    We just received three of Holan's headlight guards for the 1190 Adventure / R. The pictures below are of the prototype in raw steel and loosely mounted; the finished product comes in powdercoated matte black. Protect that headlight for a fraction of the cost of a replacement! These are priced at $89.99 and available to ship immediately. You can click here or on any of the pictures below to be taken to the product page.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. slomo

slomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi There:
    Any info on the crash bars pictured below, manufacturer and price?

17. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi slomo - good catch! :D Those are Holan prototype crashbars that are being field tested. I don't have an ETA for when the production-ready versions will be ready, but we'll definitely be bringing them in as soon as they are available. Here are a few more pictures of the prototype crashbars and headlight guard prior to powdercoating.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. slomo

slomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!- keep us posted. The crash bars seems to offer more protection than the stock ones, and compliment the lines of the bike quite well.
  19. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all - we have another order going in to Holan this week and are seeing a marked increase in interest in both the asymmetrical and symmetrical systems. I'm working to confirm compatibility of the symmetrical system with other exhausts besides the REMUS Hexacone and will definitely post up here as soon as I have word from the factory.

Although we have some 1190 systems on order to keep in stock for inventory, due to the number of variations - symmetrical or asymmetrical, rack material, rack finish, pannier size, pannier finish, plus other factory-installed options - we recommend placing a pre-order to have Holan build exactly the system you want. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, email us at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!
  20. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just received a couple more of these....a great way to protect your headlight before setting out on your next long trip. As these are in stock in NY, we can ship within 24-48 hours.

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.