Honda CBR250R.

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Paulvt1, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks good. No word on whether it'll make it to the states.
  2. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Front / rear.
  3. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Side on..
  4. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another Honda crying out for an aftermarket can..
  5. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ya, you wonder why they don't bring this thing over. I thought I read somewhere that the Ninja 250R is Kawasaki's best selling bike. Seems like Honda could sell a bunch of these things.
  6. bluesman

bluesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Remember original CBR250RR "baby blade"?
    I find it way cooler looking and it has gear-driven cams and something like 18000 rpm redline and bulletproof engine. I think they just put new skin and updated chassis a bit. But I wish they'd still made old one instead of that.
  7. Defconfunk

Defconfunk I need to get out more

Oddometer:
    I really like the look of this bike. The baby-VFR1200 front end is very nice. I haven't found the VFR1200 to be terribly photogenic, but it does look good in person, which I hope makes this a very good looking bike in person.

Come on Honda, at least bring this to Canada. You've given us the 125R, but the next step for new riders is the CBF600. And with a few provinces hitting hard insurance rates on anything over 400cc, a true freeway capable bike is needed in that range.

Of course, I would also be delighted if they brough over some of those 400cc bikes they've got.

The new ninja 250 is a runaway sales success, I'm curious how the Ninja400 (sleeved down 650) is fairing in sales?
  8. crawler07

crawler07 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    we need these in the states,the 250 kaw is just pathetic on power:puke1
    These would sell like mad. newbies to sportbikes would like to start with something smaller as well as ladies are looking to get into sportbikes,but they only have the ninja as a choice..Come on Honda send em over!!
  9. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    26bhp and 162kg wet according to MCN UK.
  10. Brian-M

Brian-M Melting in GA

Oddometer:
    Um,you know that this is a thumper, right? It's going to struggle to be even close to power on the EX250, though it'll be more "friendly" on the power. It won't even be a Shadow of the original CBR250.

Ugly as sin to boot. I'll keep my Kawi EX250 happily.
  11. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    They won't bring it over because it won't compete with the 250R. Beginners are going to choose the two cylinder bike over this one. It's probably a fair bit slower than the 250R up top as well.
  12. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    American Honda Announces Release Of The All-New CBR250R

October 27 2010

American Honda Motor Company's Powersports Division announced to its dealers today the release of an all-new motorcycle designed for those entering the sport of motorcycling, one that's sporty, fun, lightweight and affordable: the CBR250R.

"This is really an amazing machine we're adding to Honda's list of models for 2011," said Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino. "The CBR250R is specifically aimed at new riders, yet it's packed full of high-tech features and offers great performance, all in a lightweight, affordable package. This new model expands another segment of the market for Honda buyers."

More detailed information and images of Honda's model line can be found on powersports.honda.com or see your local Honda powersports dealer.

- CBR250R: An Affordable Entry Into The Sport Of Motorcycling
    The all-new 2011 CBR250R brings a fresh take on the fun side of motorcycling, one that especially suits riders entering the sport. Thanks to its extremely efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine—an all-new design featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, and fuel injection—this dependable and lightweight machine delivers nimble handling, a broad spread of easily accessible power and low operating costs all in one. Whether the day calls for a commute to work, quick trips around town or all-day explorations in the countryside, the CBR250R is a great way to get acquainted with the many faces of motorcycling, all at an affordable price. Available in Metallic Black and Red/Silver beginning in Spring 2011. Also available with ABS.

2011 Specifications

<table border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td valign="top">Model: </td> <td> CBR250R / CBR250R ABS
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Engine Type: </td> <td>249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Bore and Stroke: </td> <td> 76mm x 55mm
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Compression Ratio: </td> <td>10.7:1</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Valve Train: </td> <td> DOHC; four valves per cylinder
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Induction:</td> <td> PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Ignition: </td> <td>Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Transmission: </td> <td>Six-speed</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Suspension:</td> <td> Front: 37mm fork
    Rear: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Brakes: </td> <td> Front: Single 296mm disc
    Rear: Single 220mm disc
    Optional ABS
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Tires </td> <td> Front: 110/70-17 radial
    Rear: 140/70-17 radial
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Wheelbase:</td> <td>53.9 inches</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Rake (Caster angle): </td> <td>25.0°</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Trail: </td> <td>95mm (3.74 inches)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Seat Height:</td> <td>95mm (3.74 inches)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Fuel Capacity:</td> <td>3.4 gallons</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Color:</td> <td>Metallic Black, Red/Silver</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Curb Weight*:</td> <td> 359 pounds / 368 pounds (ABS)
    </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> Honda Genuine Accessories
    • Seat Cowl
    • Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
    • Cycle Cover
  13. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    "sophisticated head/valve design" and " low operating costs" in the same paragraph for a 250 single?:D. Sounds like another titanium nightmare grenade. Also built for NooBs....That will teach them next time! They will end up gathering dust in the back of the Honda showroom next to that unwanted VFR1200. That is if you can get the dealer into even buying one at all.
  14. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    One of the US Colors...

[​IMG]
  16. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds pretty abysmal to me. Way too heavy (more than a 600cc supersort:eek1 ), budget suspension and brakes, oddly proportioned styling.

On the plus side its got FI which I find a huge improvement over carbs.

I doubt the head will be a nightmare, the mfg's have been making fancy, high-rpm, high-flow heads that are essentially maintenance free for a decade. If this is anything like 1/4 of a CBR1000RR it'll last till the next ice age. Might be popular in countries with tiered licensing that goes by displacement. Here, you might as well just get an F4i, SV650 or something that has enough power to be safe on the freeway.
  17. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    FI, ABS, Radials, Honda fit 'n' finish -- this thing is going to be a little jewel.

Pity that have no use for one.
  18. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any guesses on whether it'll outrun an NT700 to 40mph? :lol3
  19. Brian-M

Brian-M Melting in GA

Oddometer:
    Quit being ignorant, would ya? The old Honda VTR250, and the Kawasaki EX250 (all 3 iterations available in the US plus the 4th that was never imported) are more than capable of being "safe" on freeways. The BS you just spewed above is a sure sign of someone talking out their ass without a clue in the world.

How many miles have YOU ridden on an EX250/VTR250?
  20. bluesman

bluesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't agree more. I rode VTR for quite a few thousands miles long ago (Japanese grey import) and it is very quick and manageable bike. Freeway safe? Come on, no unlimited German autobahns in US..
    I believe 100-110 mph is perfectly enough top speed for real life.

I still believe this new CBR250R not worth of wearing almost same name as CBR250rr

[​IMG]