Craig's Thread

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Bloodweiser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Beater

Beater The Bavarian Butcher

Oddometer:
    http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/3161241985.html

Four /5's. Two R75/5's and Two R60/5's If someone gets this ... I really would love it if you'd sell me one of the 1970's (whichever is in worse condition, as that is my birthyear) R75/5's, Serious.
  2. subagon

subagon Hopelessly lost

Oddometer:
    The way I read it is that the bikes are from the 70's ('70 to '79). The R90 listed as "1970's" wasn't offered until 1974.

Looks a lot like my collection :augie

Very tempting, but my wife would kill me. :lol3
  3. HapHazard

HapHazard Be Kind - Rewind

Oddometer:
    Hey! C'mon! Those bikes are in Florida, YOU'RE in Florida - it's just meant to be! I'm sure she'll understand.:evil

Besides, I'd be in for the R90.:D
  4. subagon

subagon Hopelessly lost

Oddometer:
    Where in CT are you 'cause I'll need a place to sleep :freaky

I used to spend time in the Hartford area, in Farmington, West Hartford, Rocky Hill, and Glastonbury.
  5. HapHazard

HapHazard Be Kind - Rewind

Oddometer:
    I'm in the town in the middle, Middletown.

Bring the R90 along!:lol3
  6. Beater

Beater The Bavarian Butcher

Oddometer:
  7. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
  8. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    RARE antique 1972 Yamaha 100 motorcycle - Green - $400 (West End)

<HR>Date: 2012-08-30, 10:14PM EDT
    <BUTTON style="DISPLAY: inline-block" id=reply_button type=submit>Reply to this post</BUTTON>
    Reply to: tnvxg-3240615926@sale.craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

For sale is a 1972 Yamaha 100 LT2 motorcycle. It is in good condition with 4,485 miles, and runs well. I DO NOT HAVE THE TITLE AND AM NOT GOING THROUGH THE TROUBLE TO GET IT.

I am firm on $400 and will not accept offers.

The bike is green with silver trim. Feel free to email me and set up a time to see it if you like. Call 804 .349/ 9911

<!-- -->[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    1980 Honda CX500C - $650 (Lakeside)

<HR>Date: 2012-08-30, 9:00PM EDT
    <BUTTON style="DISPLAY: inline-block" id=reply_button type=submit>Reply to this post</BUTTON>
    Reply to: xjxqq-3240499734@sale.craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

1980 Honda CX500C with 26,247 miles. I love this bike. I did a 950-mile weekend on it in the Spring, no sweat at all. It has a new battery, new tires, starts and runs beautifully. Recently replaced the radiator fan, flushed and purged the cooling system, it stays right on temp. It's having some charging trouble right now. Because of the split-system design (like a plane), it will run as long as the motor is going. The stator only powers the accessories. You'll probably need to replace the stator, but it's an afternoon job. You can absolutely start and ride this thing home.

Super easy maintenance shaft drive (I changed the gear oil at 20k, ignore it until 40k). It gets looks everywhere I go, and the transverse V-Twin is always good for a confused look from the Harley guys. Because of the transverse motor and shaft drive, it's a torque monster. Watch yourself on gravel!

I wouldn't let it go, but I've got a new baby and no time to be playing with old bikes. Gotta get down to the business of being a Dad. :)

<!-- -->[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    V-twin rat bobber chopper with clear title sale or trade - $600 (Richmond 23226)

<HR>Date: 2012-08-30, 8:30PM EDT
    Reply to: kphkg-3240448520@sale.craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

Vtwin Rat chopper bobber for sale or trade

I will not reply to emails asking "is it still for sale". . . if the post is up then it is for sale.

I made a mistake. . .. And here it is for sale. This is a mechanic's special, although if you have any mechanical ability (which I don't) it should not be very involved (although doesn't every ad say that?) For $600 you get a nice looking bobber with a clear title that needs a small amount of work. I literally bought this bike two days ago with the intention of learning to do some mechanical work. After looking at it taking up the small amount of space that I have available in my garage I realized this was a dumb move and figure I'd see if someone with more ability wants a good deal. . .

CLEAR TITLE: 1981 Yamaha Virago 750 V-twin. Ape hangers. Custom seat. LED tail lights under seat. Tires look good. Previous owner replaced starter and battery (you can see they are both new) and had rebuilt the carbs. Something in the rebuild did not go correctly and after that the bike would turn over but not start. Prior owner said thought maybe installed the jets incorrectly. That is how I bought it. . ... And apparently that is how I'm going to sell it. I already have a project going on (one that runs good already) and that is about all I can handle. The rust on the tank is surface rust meant to give it a "patina" however, I started doing a little filler work to even out the indentations on the sides where the emblems used to be.

I will not go a penny below $600 so don't ask. I'd be willing to trade, but only for another motorcycle and it would have to be a running motorcycle with clear title so I figure chances of that are slim. (I don't want your atv, dirt bike, car, etc. . .) I'd be willing to trade up and add a small amount of cash if you had something I liked (I'm partial to honda shadows) If you have questions feel free to ask but I won't have much to tell you that isn't stated above. I'm told the bike was running a few months ago before the carb rebuild. I have no way to transport (it was brought to me when I bought it) so you must have truck or trailer. Bring cash and a means to haul away.

If it doesn't sell. . .. I'll work on it in a couple months when I'm done with my other project.

(to the person I bought the bike from. . .. Sorry for making you haul it all the way out here just to get rid of it)

<!-- -->[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    Moto Guzzi for sale - $800 (Midlothian)

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3265871990.html

<HR>Date: 2012-09-11, 8:50PM EDT
    <BUTTON style="DISPLAY: inline-block" id=reply_button type=submit>Reply to this post</BUTTON>Reply to: <SMALL>z2nvx-3265871990@sale.craigslist.org</SMALL> <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

Moto Guzzi Intercepter project bike for sale.Have title. 800.00.Call Steve (804-306-5757).

<!-- -->[​IMG]
  12. mfp4073

mfp4073 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Better pic of above:

[​IMG]
  13. mfp4073

mfp4073 Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. subagon

subagon Hopelessly lost

Oddometer:
  16. Robbke

Robbke Professor McFarkle

Oddometer:

MILF ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

This guy was selling a tricked out Norton a while back - re-listed a couple times - paltry bidding

now it's a Trumpet -
  17. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3294905640.html

Triumph tiger 1996 - $1000 (lexington)

<HR>Date: 2012-09-25, 7:07AM EDT
    <BUTTON style="DISPLAY: inline-block" id=reply_button type=submit>Reply to this post</BUTTON>Reply to: <SMALL>mxghn-3294905640@sale.craigslist.org</SMALL> <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

Project bike,had it on the road last year.

Needs the carbs cleaned and a new battery.

1996 in pretty good shape....900 cc triple.

Clear title

Open to trades or plus cash....guns,diesel generator,lawn mower,ect..bobcat bucket or attachments.

Email or call

540 eight one seven 2148

Thanks

<!-- -->[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Motoduc1

Motoduc1 backtrackvideo.com

Oddometer:
  19. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    Looks pretty nice in the photos, and cheap for sure.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/3314373658.html

Im selling my 1983 Honda Vf750F Interceptor.
    It has 19796 original miles. very low for an 83
    Runs great
    has hid headlight
    led blinkers
    recent oil change
    tires have good tread left
    CLEAN NEVADA TITLE
    Has a few nicks in the original paint.
    this bike doesnt need anything its ready to ride
    comes with a matching red and white helmet

[​IMG]
  20. Harry Backer

Harry Backer Ran when parked!

Oddometer:
    not mine.
    http://chambana.craigslist.org/mcy/3323691729.html

I have for sale a 1975 kawasaki z1 900. This bike turns over and would be a nice bike to restore, I've seen them go for about $10,000 restored, this is an original z1. I have the title and this bike is well worth what I'm asking $1500 cash takes it. May consider trades. tell me what you have to offer. Text me at 2 one seven 9 one 860 three zero

<!-- -->[​IMG]