Elite 110 and a Reflex?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by skyman, May 19, 2010.

1. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey BRONCO638 theres no way in hell you have 13k on the original hoops . I'm on my 3rd set at 17k and I run them till their shot.Can't blame it on riding style as theres not enoughpower to significantly affect tire wear that much. You either forgot a set of tires or they were already replaced when you bought it. Cmon fess up.
  2. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    You may be right and I'll check the date stamp on the tires. Based on the maintenance routine (or lack thereof) of the previous owners (2) I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be OE. We'll see.........
  3. skyman

skyman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm loving life with my two scoots. I have over two thousand on the Reflex now and it's a GREAT all around scoot. I have been averaging 65 MPG with her and 100 MPG with the Elite. I have three thousand miles on the 2010 Elite so far and she does good around our small town. My wife is going to get her license on the Elite and may step up to a Reflex as well. Then we will have three scoots in the garage.:evil
  4. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    Saw a Reflex with a sidecar Saturday, would be perfect for my dog and myself:clap
  5. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    I checked the sidewall this morning; PCL4602. That would be the 46th week of 2002. So, they are OE and they're rapidly approaching 15K miles. Granted, they are cupped badly (you can actually feel the 'polygon-ness' when pushing the scoot around) but you can't complain about that longevity.
  6. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think its possible that those tires were on an 02 model as production for the tire was at the very end of 02 and producyion for an 02 model bike would have ended by early August at the latest, anything after that is usually the next model year,definitely by the middle of Nov.,the date on the tires. They were probably old stock or the original owner bought them early on possibly foreseeing a lot of use. Just a guess,but between me and a friend who also has a Reflex ,at 8-9 k our tires were absolutely shot.The rears were bald,mine had cords showing,and the fronts were horribly cupped.I ride like an idiot but he pussyfoots around like an old Nun.By the way,we tried a set of Avon Strykers ,I believe,on his and at 3k they're not looking so good, so stick with the Bridgestone Hoops.
  7. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    In retrospect, you're most likely right. Basically, I have an old set of Hoops that have a lot of miles on them. Being the third owner, I can only guess when they were installed. I got the scoot with about 8700 on the odometer. There's just under 15K on it now. So, I (personally) will have over 6K miles on those tires. And, they weren't new when I got it.

And, yes, I thought about the Avons but have decided to stay with the Bridgestones or I may try the Dunlops. Both were OE.

It's fun to push it around these days. Due to cupping (front & rear), those tires aren't remotely round any more......:D