Green Triangle Region riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by XRman, Sep 30, 2011.

1. alexmacca30

alexmacca30 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ahh...don't let a cracked rib stop you...only hurts on the big bumps and compression in corners....:ricky
  2. bigredroosta

bigredroosta Long timer

Oddometer:
    Such a cracking day for a ride and I knew the GTR boys down south were hitting the road, so we thought best if we did the same....by the pics it looks as though the sun gods were shining on you blokes down south as well, blowing out the cobwebs on that beach ride I spose?:evil
    Objective was the Grampians, but took ages to drain stale fuel, charge the DR battery & get going so reviewd the options and aimed for Mt Arapiles instead
    down to Goroke thru the scrub, nearly high siding it sneaking past a big mud puddle east off diggers lane:eek1:eek1, dirtied my pants too (on the outside)

backroads to Arapiles, via the Tooan state forest, a beaut couple of tracks there.(no pics, a bit busy keeping it upright, a DR is a handfull 2 up in sand!!:eek1

Snuck in the back way to Arapiles from the golf course track, v scenic, must have impressed old Major Mitchell back in 1836
    [​IMG]

Mother Hen came along too
    [​IMG]

A beaut little track across to Mitre Rock
    [​IMG]

which looks like this
    [​IMG]
    Then a quick zip up to the top for a look at the vista, and by then it was nearly roo o'clock so we hightailed it home, via a no so short shortcut, thanks "Tracks4Australia" not! Met a bloke on a KLR, brand new everything, heading up to find a camp in the little Desert and sample the delights of his dehyd cooking.:puke1
    Major 'sun in the eyes' for the last half hour mean't riding one handed shielding the eyes.
    Saw a few skips too so they're about:eek1
    Arapiles is a good spot and there are latte's and ales in Natimuk if anyone's looking for a day trip from down south, and its not muddy and wet either.:lol3
  3. GagsD2

GagsD2 ...Are we there yet?

Oddometer:
    Nice couple of pics and RR, although.....as you had a passenger there is no excuse for not having more photos..:evil
  4. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that Donna on the back Wal?

I was in Halls Gap doing a slow ascent of Boronia peak Sunday morning. I made it up and back in 2.5 hours.

I received some funny looks from the true bush walkers. I was wearing a Yamaha cap!

We are back to gloom again on the coast. Depressing! I think I need a ride soon too.

I am going to the Pyrenees on 22/23 September to assist with the OTR weekend. I will take a bike but probably not ride it much at all. Colin MAcgowan is leading a ride for the older riders rather than everyone going with the" gun rider" brigade. I am taking my black girl friend for a weekend of camping. (Ella) The way she is going it could be her last.
  5. Oz Nutter

Oz Nutter Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. wdrally

wdrally binge rider

Oddometer:
    XR,, what is the otr in the pyrenees? Otway trail riders? Found one of them in pyrenee bout a month ago with a broken leg. We had epirb so decided on boots n all call-in. Blokes name was Jake I think.
  7. bigredroosta

bigredroosta Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hey thats a good one for the this is... thread , NUTS
  8. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep it is Otway Trail riders; usually with very flash orange bikes and ride very hard.
    Which track did you find him on? The mobile reception there is patchy at best. He is now Jake the peg, with a broken leg (sung to a Rolph Harris tune).

I would not go riding solo without an Epirb. Even then you can crash in such a way that you can't reach it.
  9. wdrally

wdrally binge rider

Oddometer:
    XR, he was near tigercat tk I think. Didnt mean to infer he was riding alone - had 1 with him and 1 off chasing phone signal when we arrived. Ambo service was impressive - walked in off main ridge rd in about an hour all up, offer of stretcher party was refused as a 4wd ambo was en-route from Stawell :clap. Terrain at Avoca end is much rockier than Cactus Tk & west, where you led us & SA group a couple of years ago. Got to get up there & do more riding though - 1 or 2 rides & I still have little idea where anything is
  10. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope you were on the KTM rather than the Aprilia. That end of the range can be unforgiving especially if it is wet. The rule is to use your worst tyres if it is dry and your best if wet. Either way the rocks chew them up, but at least with good tyre you might make it up some hills. You can see why the locals are good riders with those tracks in their back yard.
  11. Oz Nutter

Oz Nutter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only been on the BMW roadie, over to Port Fairy via Bessibelle/Orford, home via Yambuck, and The Crags, (nice corners on this little bit) and out to Cape Nelson Light House (Isabella's Cafe) again excellent corners on roadie....:evil must observe 80km limit here and be wary of surfers/cyclists etc
  12. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:

Beware of the black wallabies too.

Dismal weather again today on the coast.

No-one else riding?

I drove our caravan back from Melbourne on Friday and Saturday. I handles a bit like my 1974 DT360A. (or a DRZ400 with a Mitas E09 in deep sand!!) OK in a straight line but the weight pushes it through corners and it has a understeer tendency. I am hoping that the load distribution hitch will help it a bit.

Her indoors is very happy with the proceeds of her superannuation funds being used to purchase the mobile holiday house. I am trying to work out where to fit my MTB. I mentioned that it would be OK on the bed with the wheels removed. Apparently that was a poor idea.
  13. GagsD2

GagsD2 ...Are we there yet?

Oddometer:
    Geez it's quiet in the Triangle lately! Has everyone fallen asleep or are we just that busy?? Anyone been or going riding in the near future??? What about you Souf Ozzie contributors?? Where are you guys these days??

:amazon
  14. Oz Nutter

Oz Nutter Long timer

Oddometer:
    R80 gs frame back from blaster/ 90% job, sanding and filing to do, sussing color for frame, going for 958 indigo blue (HP2 color) for frame/subframe, $28.50 in spraycan from geelong, researching from end mods...
  15. Slowpoak

Slowpoak Riding the buck-shot

Oddometer:
    Busy, busy,busy, busy Gags. Not realising that on our last bike ride i had pinched a nerve in my upper back and have been layed out ever since :cry. But that hasn't stopped me from turning the key and giving DR-piggy the once over :evil.

But at night i dream about bikes & riding, then wake up with my hand on it :rofl. Hopefully start of Octorber i'm good to go :deal.
  16. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stop wanking and go to see the Osteopath in Portland ( Michelle Sherriff)

I am taking my 250's to Barry Francis on consignment (maybe) and if not taking them with me to the Pyrenees this weekend. Saturday night will be at the GT enduro proprty off Cactus Tk. Who knows some one from the OTR group might want a good second hand bike. Drop in for a visit if you are riding in the area. Just look for a big shed with a lot of BMWs and KTMs sitting around. How do you spell pretentious?

Hey Amber : how is your lowered DRZ400 going?
  17. BigBobC

BigBobC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Gags,
    Have been busy therefore not on the forum. Seems as if the rally quelled any adventure dreams for the Seth ozzies for a while.
    And I've also sold my bike, and are also planning on moving to WA next year too, so trying get a job in line.

Saving my riding up for next year. Just a lazy ride out in sept to watch a little motorbike event called the safari sounds like the real deal to me :) :)

BBC.
  18. Oz Nutter

Oz Nutter Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. bigredroosta

bigredroosta Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well if you still had your bike you could have ridden to WA and watched the 2012 safari, or havent the saddle sores healed yet?:pot
  20. The Cougar

The Cougar Barry Dawson's Twin

Oddometer:

Hi Nathan,
    Sold that mighty @ Weapon of Ass Destruction... I hope JR and Micko haven't conned you to go BMW!!

Howdy Gags,
    Still here but you hit it on the head, busy busy with no let up in sight. Don't think I'll make Pooncarie this year and if?? I get time, may sit at Nelson for a week with the tinny, paint the deck and a few Pale Ales at the pub. Talking with Bruce and may slide a weekend trip in but not sure when. I think he want's me sand ready for the Simpson next year:huh

Cheers