North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. YRU

YRU Hear today, deaf tomorrow Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great Tag Yankee Dog!

I read about Mr. York on Wikipedia. An amazing human being!
  2. Jrjoyce2007

Jrjoyce2007 ADVenture Addict

Oddometer:
  3. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    Mr. Egg is on the move again. Photos coming soon, when we've got better signal to upload them.

Sent by carrier pigeon using crapatalk HD.
  4. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    So great to see the 'Game' in full on sprint mode! (whoda thunkit??)

Kudos to all the players!!!

Y'all be careful out there!!! :norton :clap :freaky
  5. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    As I was plotting my route out of Asheville, I decided to check where Egg was, in case he was nearby. Of course, it turns out I'd rode by him on Monday. Going back to get him would only add a day to my trip, so I figured it was a moral imperative. When I got there, he was hiding, so I took my bruce shot:

[​IMG]

Before I left, I heard some grumbling in the bushes, and sure enough I found Egg. He was mad at me for not stopping when I went by earlier, but was more upset about his uninvited house guests. I helped him to evict the family of pillbugs that had moved in, and then we took some time to catch up before hitting the road.

[​IMG]

By the time we made it to the hotel, we were both hungry and tired, so we just popped over to the nearby Sonic for a quick bite to eat. It was still hot, so Egg decided to have a milkshake for dinner.

[​IMG]

We'll be back on the road in the morning. Another ~1500mi to go.
  6. JakeS

JakeS Yup

Oddometer:
    Bring it back to MA, i need to see this famous egg.
  7. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    In my four rides with "My Precious" I've found I had little say in where he goes.
    Mr. Egg is in charge of his own destiny

This is a riding TOR ...no deliveries. :*sip* :lol3
  8. YRU

YRU Hear today, deaf tomorrow Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    Drop it... soon.... I wiill be in search now.... get r done
  10. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    Egg and I have been busy! Yesterday we got gigged for 79 in a 55 while passing a slow moving car that aggressively accelerated as soon as we started to pass. Anyone know a good traffic lawyer in KY? Heading north a little later, we passed a tank on the side of the road, and he made me turn back so he could ride on it.

[​IMG]

While at the tank, he suggested we head up to Buckeye Furnace to pick up his buddy Nutzy, and it was only about a hundred miles out of our way so I agreed to go back. We did run into a little trouble finding Nutzy, we misremembered where he was hiding. You can read about it over <a href="http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21751461&postcount=1160">there</a>, if you want.

More riding tomorrow.
  11. MrMac

MrMac Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just explain to the Judge your tagging exploits and he'll probably let you off... on an insanity plea! :deal
  12. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    Excellent report there Volta. And yes, beware that Egg can put away the whisky.
  13. Jrjoyce2007

Jrjoyce2007 ADVenture Addict

Oddometer:
    :lurk good stuff!
  14. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    He is in MA now, but probably won't be staying long. We're hitting the road again in the morning!
  15. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's quite a move. Where to? :clap
  16. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    Picking up where we <a href="http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21751461&postcount=1160">left off last time</a>...

Saturday was a long BrP day, to get from south-central PA to south-central NY--254 miles by the most direct route, 378 by the much more fun route we used. The riding was good, so we didn't make many stops for photos, but when Nutzy saw this chopper he insisted we stop for a picture. It is a little hard to see in the small version here, but Nutzy is sitting just on top of the "No Loitering" sign.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned in the USA Tag thread, I got some news on Saturday that meant I had to cut my trip short and return home to be at work Monday morning, so at the hotel that night Nutzy, Egg, and I sat down and put together a long 1 day route home. Unfortunately, that meant a lot of numbered roads, but I planned the route so if we had time and the weather cooperated I'd be able to make a short detour show the guys some of my favorite roadside "art". Sadly, as we left the Catskills the sky opened up, making our ride from NY into MA on the Taconic Trail a little more <em>exciting</em> than expected, and when we got to the turn-off point for the sight-seeing detour we realized it would take us back into the storm we were riding out of, so we decided to save the sight-seeing for another day.

This worked out well, as a few miles down the road we rode past, uh, I have no idea what these are, and both of the guys started asking me "What the hell are those?" so we turned back to take a closer look.

[​IMG]

Nutzy was intrigued, and wanted to stay behind to see what they look like after dark, until Egg reminded him how excited he'd been about seeing Boston. With all of us on the same page again, we took to the road heading east again. A little later, I heard Nutzy tell Egg, "I've been to Florida before, but I don't remember it being this hilly last time." Egg smacked him upside the head and said, "Different Florida, you nut!"

[​IMG]

At this point, it was getting late, and the storm was chasing us, so we bailed on the rest of the route and took the fast-if-boring Rt. 2 blast across MA to get home before dark.

The guys came with me to work, and were good sports about it, but by yesterday afternoon I could tell they were getting frustrated being cooped up in an office, so I offered to take them out on a walking tour of the city. Nutzy was excited, but Egg was playing it cool until I mentioned there would be a cold Sam Adams for him at one of our first stops.

The guys saw Ben Franklin:

[​IMG]

Sam Adams (Egg was *not* amused):

[​IMG]

Paul Revere (what rider wouldn't stop?):

http://www.smartestmonkeys.com/gallery/d/2113-2/IMG_20130702_182058_001.jpg/[IMG]

The Egghead liked this statue on the Common best:

[IMG]http://www.smartestmonkeys.com/gallery/d/2020-2/IMG_20130702_182434.jpg

While Nutzy prefered this one:

[​IMG]

Later, in the Public Garden, Egg had never seen swans so big, but refused to believe they weren't real:

[​IMG]

Then the boys posed with George:

[​IMG]

and the Angel:

[​IMG]

then rode on the Ducklings like little kids:

[​IMG]

As we passed the State House, Nutzy exclaimed "must be nice to be a politician around here, if the girls are doing so much business they get their own entrance!" and wouldn't hear any other explanation for the name:

[​IMG]

Along the way, Egg had noticed this place, and insisted we go back so he could find out about his options. After hanging out with Nutzy for a little while, Egg confided in me that he wished he'd been more selective about his inkwork, "That stuff was fun when I was younger, but now that I'm an old Egg I feel a little silly walking around with it all out there for the world to see."

[​IMG]

While there he made an appointment to get his tats taken care of this morning.

After our tour, we went back to my place for drinks. Egg insisted I owed him a Sam Adams, and Nutzy confessed that in all of his travels he'd never had a mint julep, so I made one up for him:

[​IMG]

I sat with Egg through his procedure this morning, it seemed really painful but he came out of it looking like a new Egg:

[​IMG]

Nutzy couldn't believe he did it.

We're off for dinner tonight with some local Biker Skum in Cambridge, then back on the road in the morning.
  17. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    We've got a 4-state ride planned for tomorrow, I'm sure both of the boys will find good places to hang out for a few days.
  18. Volta

Volta Fuck Cancer

Oddometer:
    Sadly, this didn't work out as planned. We had four potential spots in mind, but none of them were viable. The road to the first was closed for a parade, the second was a mob scene (I could've got a tag shot, but there's no chance I could've hidden Mr. Egg or Nutzy without incident), the third was being used as a staging area for the town's fireworks display, and in the heat I decided to just turn back home without ever making it to the 4th spot. Tomorrow is another long work day for me, but come hell or high water Mr. Egg and Nutzy will have new hiding spotS on Saturday.
  19. lonewolf97

lonewolf97 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anywhere near NC works for me. Looks like Mr Egg cleaned up real nice. Won't be needing his kissin cousins anytime soon.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  20. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:

I know I don't! :deal

Game On!!! :freaky :clap