The Husaberg 70º FE Adventure Traveler Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Lost Roadie, Apr 18, 2012.

1. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:

Awesome Colebatch! :clap :clap Count me for a DVD too! :getiton
  2. Brian011952

Brian011952 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live in California. I'd need to have the Hussy shipped out to the East Coast, then fly back and ride home. When are you planning on making the ride? I have around a month off in July and August. It would be quite the trip to take the Husaberg cross country. I was planning on riding to Inivuk, NWT this next summer, but my riding partner ran into some issues and can't go. That's why I have such a long block of time off already scheduled. Now I'm trying to figure out where I'm gonna ride by myself. Maybe the TAT, I'm used to being in the way-back country alone anyways, but I prefer having a second rider for safety reasons when I'm that far away from the beaten path. :photog
  3. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    I mounted my Vision X Solstice light in a similar location, but dropped the bracket down so I could keep the factory turn signals. I like it so far. The LED lamp is great, but I also upgraded the headlamp to the HD Bright 35w HID bulb. Between the two I have very decent lighting at night and always have a secondary light source if one or the other fails .

[​IMG]
  4. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/u...jpg.html?&_suid=13543343888760874727454481014
  5. Brian011952

Oddometer:
  6. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    Not the light, that's for sure. That's a rear fender support that I built on the Hussy. I was frustrated with the flippy flappy rear fender. I have me tool kit and bags sitting right behind the rear seat, and across the fender. After almost tearing off the taillight, I built this support and stiffened things up back there. That was the end of the issues with a Flippy Flappy rear fender, and I don't think the stupid thing is gonna fall off every time I hit a big hump in the road. :clap
  8. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I will definitely keep that in mind. Traveling solo I plan to keep a list of folks along the way in case I get into trouble. It is cool that people offer up help on these trips!

Another great thing about the Marine Corps is that I have brothers spread out through the country that I can always call for help if need be.
  9. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    :devildog beers on me in that case
  10. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    Soooo......., anybody on here want to sell their Safari tank or tanks? Ok..., anybody know where to get the best prices on one of these tanks in the US? :ear
  11. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    Well, when you exit Nevada and enter California, you are thirty miles from my home. I'd say Semper Fi, but I'm not a Marine, I just raised one.
  12. BigDuck

BigDuck Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    70 Degree Racing (Dale Covington) advised today that the subframe tanks have arrived. :clap
  13. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, there's a couple of comments in the "other" Husaberg thread here... and just to whet your appetites:

[​IMG]
  14. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    Awesome! He must have saw my post, #339, and decided he had to get them out ASAP! Lol.
  15. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Lost Rider, are you running a cush hub ? I am doing a Colo. trip this summer. Cant decide on the Berg or the 525. Im guessing what the majority will say ? I will have to spend some money either way. Fuel range easier on the 525, but isnt plated yet. Then insurance & the like. Lots of time to sort it out, just thought I would start planning now. All input welcome & appreciated. Thanks
  16. RememberTheFallen

Oddometer:
    I looked at the 525, 530 and 570. I liked all three. The super cheap price this 570 was selling for made the decision for me. The 525 is definitely cheaper but does not offer the performance of the 570. The 530 offers comparable performance and similar prices.

I really like how light my 570 feels but if you plan to do over 90 miles then you need some make fuel. There isn't a cheap way to do that on the Berg. I think either one would be a blast out there.
  17. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    I run a Cush hub from an old KTM ?? that I bought from a former Husaberg owner.. I think it is a wise investment if you really plan on doing a lot of ADV style riding.

The latest addition to my bike.. guess I shouldnt have used the flash :D

[​IMG]
  18. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:

Not speaking for Lost, but FE all the way! I'm getting a Woodys superlace and RAD cush hub installed as soon as I can get my wheel sent in. They even give you some credit for the OEM hub if in good shape.
  19. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    What size are the tank paniers in your original picture. Are you still using them? If not, why not. I'm considering the same set up onmy bike for a little more storage on long trips and to move some weight forward too. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.
  20. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Thanks, my issue is wheither to use the 570 or the 525 . I have both but one is plated & insured w limited fuel range. The other is not plated & does not have all of the D/s kit yet installed so its yet street legal. The 525 fuel issue can be fairly cheap & easy to remedy. I still have to buy my bags & figure out whats gonna fit in them. Will I have to buy all new camping gear too . As you can see this will add up very quickly when you figure in the cost of the trip across the country for 10 days . We want to camp as much as possible & only going back to towns when absolutely necc. I dont really want to stay in hotels. Also will need to get some electronics , phone charging ,GPS ? Etc. I wont use this kit much except for this kind of trip, maybe once a year if I am that lucky. Thanks in advance for any input. [​IMG]