Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You got off easy. Doug and the boys drug me through twice that mileage. Loved it all.:D

Did lose a spoke so I guess the Tenere is now broken in.
  2. Tuff Tunica

Tuff Tunica Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer:
    Great ride. :clap!!! Glad to hear that Yammer-Hammer developed an issue. It could definitely use something to slow it down. And two thumbs up to Kevin from CT, didn't he say sumpin about not letting us see him cry? Not so much for any physical harm or pain.....but more so for the damage to the bike. Parting with dead, green Presidents always brings a tear to my eye. :cry :cry:cry

Hope you guys had a great "rest of the ride.". See y'all soon.
  3. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice overlook on Strawberry. A quad guy offered to take our picture. We told him we were
    "Gay Christian Riders who go out on Sunday to show God our love for him and each other"

Man Kevin was quick to mention he didn't know us and was not part of the group.:lol3
    He needs a little more time on this thread to figure us out.:deal

[​IMG]

We were down to four of us now heading over Co-op Pass. Slippery groomed pea gravel.

I came around a corner to see a GS 800 down with a truck pulling a large trailer getting
    the riot act from KTM Doug. The truck had just come into Dougs lane, he turned around to
    catch the rig when it came into another corner spooking the 800 to lay it down. The trailer
    tire ran over the rear wheel of the GS. Remind me never to get on Dougs bad side. The guy
    can flow when you piss him off. No bodily damage to the rider, but the usuall lay down
    bum you out damage to the bike. The 800s left us at the next exit option leaving Doug
    and I to finish the ride. North Fork of the Duschesne, Hanna and Wolf Creek Pass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doug had mentioned he was on reserve. We had just hit slab to get to Hanna and while
    passing a truck hauling ATV's I heard the KTM sputter. I waved at the truck hoping he wasn't
    pissed about the pass. He pulled over and gave us some gas. Really nice guy, wouldn't take
    any money.

Finished with Wolf Creek Pass. How can you top that on the way home?:D
  4. 2wheeladv

2wheeladv Lost & lov'n it

Oddometer:
    Pluric, nice ride report and photos. Sorry we bailed, but didn't want Isaac riding solo after the crash :freaky. After fueling in Heber, we rode the backside of Guardsman to Big Cottonwood and then home. Hopefully Isaac and CT Kevin aren't too sore this morning after their unintentional contact with the trail. BMW relieving them of several hundred dead Presidents should perk them up :evil. KTM Doug hauls ass, thanks for the trail guiding and dust Doug.

Lets do it again soon!
  5. Utah Bones

Utah Bones Gas X ready!

Oddometer:
  6. fano

fano here and there

Oddometer:
    Thanks Harcus for letting me help you in breaking in your new bike.
    It is good to take pictures of it before you get on it but this is not how KTM should look.

[​IMG]

After you do this to it

[​IMG]

and some of this

[​IMG]

it will acquire that seasoned look

[​IMG]

Had a great time and I hope we can do it again sometimes.

[​IMG]
  7. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Woa! Get a skid plate before you put a rock through your case!
    [​IMG]
  8. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not unless you dropped it! :D

You chose to sacrifice a BMW instead. Good thinking!
  9. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Skid plate is in work. Stay tuned. Needed to collect data on one of the few good days left!
  10. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's actually WEST fork of the Duchesne to the rest of us. Bu I am impressed you rode that bike thru there. Remember I durg u thru there on the KLR not long back. And w/o knobs...:D
  11. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a great 3 days down near price. The highlight of my weekend was watching my 3 year old take off by himself down desert singletrack and ride over rocks bigger then his bike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BCkzBghPmds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    East, West, North, tomato tomaato. That was the easy section compared to what
    they had in store for us.

I didn't remember it until I saw the shack. Knobs? Those are for mud and sand.:lol3
  13. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That apple fell close to the tree. When we get a photo of the Ocet apart all over the garage
    then it will be official.:lol3
  14. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :cry I don't wanna drop it.:cry

Made it 8 years on the Strom. Even hitting the cow
    it stayed up. Cost me my nuts, small price to pay.

Shit, there were too many BMWs anyway.:wink::lol3
  15. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:

He works on it all the time but unlike a ktm it's just plug it in not an engine overhaul. :lol3
  16. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Love the Oset, plug it in, forget about it. When it is time to ride, turn a key, and she is of riding while all her friend's fathers are F*cking with carbs, pulling plugs, draining gas, cursing, etc.

Last time we went out, the kids were all lined up in their gear to ride the Oset. I watched over the kidos while all their fathers tinkered with the gas-powered bikes.
  17. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only problem is they run the batteries out before the day is done. Just need to order another set and swap them out when they die. But other then that they are awesome and super easy for the kids to learn on.
  18. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Never mind Kevin. I think we may have found some new recruits.:deal Look like Brokeback Bikers to me.:dunno

[​IMG]
  19. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fixt for accuracy.
  20. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Nice try, but they were all yellow, blue and red :evil