2014 Oklahoma local race series thread.

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Silver, Jan 28, 2014.

1. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nope, but I just registered for the White Rock Enduro. :freaky
  2. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Local series been having a hard go of it lately. Had to cancel Scipio for OHSCS. OCCRA had to postpone a race and canceled Reynards this weekend as well.
  3. Newner

Newner Buffering

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you should register and ride the BJEC at White Rock. I have sent in my registration as well...
  4. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Arkansas Hare scramble this Sunday the 23rd at Cedar Creek :ricky
  5. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    Oklahoma Hare Scramble Championship Series at Konowa this weekend! !
    I'm planning on being there,, anyone else?
  6. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Debating on both Konawa and White rock. Haven't decided. Need to get AMA membership for white rock I think.

Scipio round for OHSCS rescheduled for June 1st I believe.
  7. Newner

Newner Buffering

Oddometer:
    DD checked up on the AMA membership for whiterock and I think he found out it is not needed.
  8. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is copied from the BJEC/Razor Back Riders White Rock entry form:

*Racers must be members of the AMA.* Forms will available at the Event, for speed at sign-up please pre-enter the AMA.
  9. reddirtjoe

Oddometer:
    Konowa it is then!
  10. DirtyDog

Oddometer:
    I never said that.:huh

I was talking about something else that wasn't needed.:ddog
  11. Crash217

Crash217 The short guy with a beard

Oddometer:
    I'm down for Konowa this weekend and I guess I will go to White Rock too since people like Dirty Dog and the new scoring chariman need my help.

Maybe Silver will need my help at the race too? Who knows.
  12. reddirtjoe

Oddometer:
    Konowa...I could use Jon's words of wisdom.....

Next weekend. ,.. not so much...( coaching a MSF BRC )
  13. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Don't let the bike stop you:

[​IMG]
  14. DirtyDog

Oddometer:
    Trying to get my bike race-ready for White Rock. Finally took the paddle tire off... That tells you how much riding my schedule has allowed in the last month.
  15. Crash217

Crash217 The short guy with a beard

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Konowa was fun.

Saturday I was meditating in my Japanese garden in the back yard, because it has the best chi in my house, and I asked myself; “What would J-Law do?”

So I grabbed the pregnant wife (because safety first when drinking), hopped in the minivan and drove to OKC and stayed in the bar’s till 2am. I got about 4 hours of sleep after getting back to Stillwater, jumped out of bed, loaded up and went racing.

The KTM was lookin’ swiggty swoot with the full fresh plastics and 1995 retro graphics and my gear only had minimal holes exposing my thermal undies and knee braces as I headed to the line. All the old dudes were sportin more wood than a lumber yard as I rolled up and the ladies didn’t get it. The bike looked trick is what I’m sayin.

I got off to an awesome start, my sloth-like hangover reflexes combined with my KTM’s penchant for never starting quickly on the line netted me a next to last place start in the over 30 expert/pro class. I ate a copious amount of dust but slowly picked people off throughout the first 3 laps. My first goal of the race was to pass Craig Chapman. He doesn’t like his new bike and I was hungover so we were on equal terms. I got by Craig shortly after completing lap one and started working on Morrow. I don’t know Morrow really, but I don’t like him all that much for no particular reason other than he rides a WR450 so passing him was important. I cut inside a turn stuffed him in a deep sand rut. He yelled. A mile or so later, I tipped over and he went by and yelled again. ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG. I proceeded to laugh at him on my way by when he went down in a painful to watch, low side in a slick turn at the end of a 4th gear field sometime in the next lap or so. Never saw him again.

Then Drew showed up to the party. Drew is one of those guys who just started riding and got ridiculously fast in a ridiculously short amount of time. I had seen him go down on the first lap and thought nothing of it as he popped right back up, but I hadn’t seen him in an hour or so until he showed back up on my tailpipe. I held him off for half a lap and saw the white flag so I put in a charge and 3/4 of the way around he unleashed the power of his KX450F as a lapper came into play and darted by me in a field. I was seeing red. maybe I was bleeding out last nights cosmos maybe It was rage. I put my head down, took his roosting like a bukkake champ and charged even harder into the last section of trail. I used every trick in the book besides blatant cheating and never could make a pass. I was on his fender as we went into the scoring chute and low and behold ANOTHER WHITE FLAG. WTF! I pressed onward into the dusty whoop filled abyss with all my might and just couldn’t make any headway on keeping Drew in sight let alone passing him.

So I gave up.

Then, the light at the end of the tunnel appeared. No, not the finish line with a checkered flag, my buddy Ellis. Who’s major goal is to beat me in a race. He started on the pro line today a full minute ahead of me and this track was definitely his style so I wasn’t surprised I hadn’t seen him all day. But there he was, 20 yards from the finish line, pushing his bike. I put in a last ditch effort and raced towards the finish with reckless abandon and beat him by about 15 seconds. Still got it. 8th overall, 6th over 30 pro.

Footnotes; Ellis ran out of gas a half mile from the finish while running 2nd pro and 3rd overall. He pushed it all the way in by himself, dropping to 3rd pro and 9th overall. I threw off my camel back around the 1 hour mark due to a bite valve malfunction after taking one sip from it.

Special thanks to Andy Seay for the picture at the top of the article.
    mellephants likes this.
  16. Tbone

Tbone off-ramp slayer

Oddometer:
    Dude great report Crash 217! had me laughing.
  17. DirtyDog

Oddometer:
    Crash- please don't ever roost me again. I'm sure to get a horrible mental image if you do.

Graphics do look sweet, btw.
  18. reddirtjoe

Oddometer:
    Never , ever, never, stay behind crash esp if he had burritos!
  19. Newner

Newner Buffering

Oddometer:
    1st BJEC this weekend, bike is clean and prepped, fees are paid, the rider has put in a few hours on the exercise bike at the gym, and now it's time to see if the rider and bike finishes..........

Dirty Dog and I have managed to get on the same row along with 2 other inmates on Sunday. Maybe we can fill a row at every event...
  20. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be there too, first ever attempt at an Enduro! I've had unexpected company the last two evenings and not been able to complete some last minute maintenance, so I'll be changing the oil and cleaning the air filter tonite and I'll be as ready as I'm going to get. I've been hitting the gym "a little" and riding at Draper as often as I can to try to get ready.

I've requested to be on one of the last rows, but don't know what row I'm assigned to yet.

PS - I signed up in the C+ Super Master just because of my age, did not know that is a very competitive class until just the other nite. Oh well,my one and only goal for my first Enduro is just to finish!