Broncos Country

Discussion in 'Sports' started by spanky, Sep 18, 2009.

1. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    That is why you always enter a minimum bid or a starting price at your minimum bid.
  2. ]I)Money

]I)Money D NOT I Supporter

Oddometer:
    and, rumor has it, they may not be done.
  3. Norhasken

Norhasken Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer:
    Could be a fifth round. Wow.
  4. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    Carson Palmer, who refuses to play for the Bengals, is reportedly headed to the Raiders for 2, count 'em, 2 first round picks.

And the Broncos end up with a 6th round pick for a pro bowl wide out.....sheesh!
  5. Iron Horse

Iron Horse I Make Shit Up

Oddometer:
    I thought it went up to a third if he catches 30 balls. :dunno
  6. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    There is a production clause in their somewhere, but with Bradford possibly out, who's gonna throw him the ball? Anybody know who the Rams backup QB is - without looking it up?

(AJ Feeley - I had to google it)
  7. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Ya know, this ain't the first time a former powerhouse team lost its HOF QB and then had to go through a multi year/decade drought before finding the next stud.

I bet that many here don't recall just how shitty Green Bay was in the '70's, '80's, and even early '90's before gaining any relevance. Of course, that was largely (no pun intended) due to Mike Holmgren becoming the head coach and eventually bringing in Favre. The post-Aikman Cowboys aren't as bad but let's face it, things were ugly there for a while and they still aren't sure which Romo will show up.:eek1 And then there's the post-Montana 49er's....

Anyway, I'm anxious to see what Tebow can do and keeping my fingers crossed. :1drink
  8. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:

It will be interesting with Tebow. I do think with the Broncos' current record that they need to figure Tebow out-- Is he the QB of the future or not? Some argue that no matter what he has to become a "pro-style" QB to be successful. I'm not convinced of that--I do think, no matter what his passes have to be more accurate. He is a competitor and leader-- no one argues that he isn't. Will he make it in the NFL? :dunno

But yes, it will be interesting to find out.
  9. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Woo hoo! A punters duel! Hooray for the kickers. May the team that kicks the longest field goal win.

:rofl
  10. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
  11. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    What?!? Where is all the chanting?

TEE - BOW

TEE - BOW

TEE - BOW

:hide
  12. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    I saw the post game interview. T-bow said it was all part of the game plan. Dog it for 3+ quarters then pull one outta their ass and go into overtime.

That Fox is a friggin' genius.:deal

Super Bowl, Ba bee.

Loosely translated; I watched until about ten minutes into the 2nd Q and said fuck it. I took the K12s for a ride and managed to get some Harley guy so pissed off as I passed him while riding up through Ute Pass that he flipped me off. Fine, I sez, then get your slow moving ass out of the left lane. So there I am headed towards Deckers listening to ESPN on my XM radio and hear that the score is 15-0 Dolphins.

Shit. Change channels to some good riding music.

I reach a good turnaround point and head back home.

Decide to check the score again to see how embarrassed I should be and hear that they pulled one out.

Next up, the Lions. Something tells me that, after losing two in a row, Suh is going to try to rip off Tebow's head and shove it up his ass. This could be interesting......

Oh, and the Raiders got blanked at home. Broncos win, Raiders lose. Life is good. Fuck the Raiders.

Rangers are up 4-0 in the 7th over the Cards in game 4. Go Rangers.

(my apologies if this doesn't read well, it's the result of PUI :1drink )
  13. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    I gave up and took my son for a dual sport ride North of Divide. Got back in the truck after we loaded up and checked the score on my phone. I just laughed out loud. No way that just happened!

My wife was home watching the game. She got fed up and went shopping. Just before she left the house, she clicked "record" on the DVR.

She got home and hit replay. Holy crap!

I heard it said on one of the 8000 ESPN highlight shows, that the Tebow haters are all saying, "I told you so" and the Tebow appologists are all saying, "I told you so". And they are both right. Nothing is solved. Football fans got to see his shortcomings as a QB and the Tebow fans got to see him reach down and pull the team out of the pits of defeat to somehow win it in OT. Albeit against a winless Dolphins team that had more Tebow fans in the stands than Dolphins fans.

Did I watch, no. Was I happy that they won, sure. Is Tebow the QB of the future, not right now, but he does give them a better chance to win than Orton does.
  14. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Gee, we need to give another round of thanks to McDaniels. Did you see that Scheffler catch? :eek1

Then now a wide open TD. Yeah, who really needs a good receiving Tight End?
  15. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    :bluduh Now it could just get ugly. I'm off to watch Designing Women on Netflix.
  16. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    dickey wasn't that bad
  17. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Leaves.

I rake them on Sundays.

I hope no one gets seriously hurt during the rest of the season.
  18. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    True, but his and the team's overall record was one of mediocrity at best. You know, when tuning into Sunday afternoon NFL or MNF I can recall almost never seeing GB on the national TV slate. That seems like eons ago and now GB seems like another dynasty akin to the old 49er's or the more recent Pats. Does the AFC have an answer? No, not really. I see a GB repeat and, if the status quo remains stable, a very possible 3peat.
  19. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    I've dislocated my right shoulder twice (raquetball) and my left shoulder once (skiing). Raking leaves KILLS my shoulders.:cry

Solution? Leaf blower.:clap
  20. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Quick in game observation, right before that Denver int, someone on the sidelines was yelling "58 is the spinner, 25!!" Denver's 58, Von Miller was in short coverage and 25, Chris Harris caught the ball. Its pretty awesome that they are telegraphing their plays so well I can guess where the play will go from here.

"29 is the Mike!" :ear