XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. aksinha88

aksinha88 YETI ADV RIDER

Oddometer:
    I'm currently rebuilding my L and just upgraded to a 260watt stator. I'm about to plug in my heated grips and a plug for my jacket aswell (in addition to my HID projector lights). I'll let you know how it goes if you're not in a hurry.

If you do decide to go ahead and plug things in I'd invest in a small voltmeter through ebay (got mine for $5-$10 calibrated with papers and all) that you can attach to your dash to keep an eye on things while you run your gear.

You can find the upgrade stator here http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/xr650l.html#electrical
  2. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    Cyclegear has LIFETIME BATTERIES.:deal
  3. aksinha88

aksinha88 YETI ADV RIDER

Oddometer:
    Just installed a new battery and my goodness is it happy to crank. You Sir are a wizard! Thanks :clap
  4. Mero

Mero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm using honda 10 40. Is it normal to burn a bit of oil? I was about full. Did about 250 miles now I'm roughly 3/4 a quart low. It's not leaking any where or coming out the exhaust. Bike is just under 4k miles on it

Samsung Galaxy S3
  5. aksinha88

aksinha88 YETI ADV RIDER

Oddometer:
    I think thats normal, Kinda. I run the same oil and mine burns about the same amount and I havent seen any leaks or off colors exhaust smoke. How often do you change your oil and have you checked to see if the color of the oil is too dark when you do?

6. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:

The bill is in the mail. :deal
  7. RoadHawg14

RoadHawg14 CRASH

Oddometer:
    Please Help! XR650L

I've been out of town for some time, I get back hoping to ride. My son tells me me bike fell over on the left side not sure how long it was down. He tried to start it and it would not fire but did turn over.
    When I got home I tried and the bike fired up rode for a few miles and it cut off. I changed the plug and cleaned out the carb.
    Bike fired up and ran shut it off and went back today to ride and bike would not fire all it will do is turn over.
    Any help in trying diagnose the problem so I may ride before I go back out of town would be helpful.
  8. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    Check for spark.........smack the CDI.......with a screwdriver handle on the back,,falling over might have hurt something else,,or it could be a coincidence too......

B
  9. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got spark??

Got gas??

If the bike was on it's side for some time and the petcock was turned on you very well may be out of gas.
  10. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

I have a ton of room under my QS3........ i`d have to drop the carb at least 3/4 inch or more......and push it ahead towards the manifold to hit the starter....how much different is the slant slide body wise is the question..

Adjusting the QS3 is gonna require my Snap On tools carb adjusting tool though......it`s made to get in tight areas,,,,,,,but sutre beats the hell out of changing freekin leak jets anyday:lol3:lol3:lol3

Put the carby in tonight was gonig to change the throttle tube and cables,,but i decided i was to hammered to carry on......:1drink

B
  11. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:

What a wuss. :freaky
  12. RoadHawg14

RoadHawg14 CRASH

Oddometer:
    Have plenty of Gas, Has Spark i was able to fire it up last night went back today to ride and it would not fire.

I'll try tapping on the CDI Box tomorrow. Thanks,
  13. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    :1drink yes sir.....i figured i better head into the house while still standin,..homeade wine from my bro......and it was freekin good........man i gotta start makin some of that shit:wink:

B
  14. Barron

Barron M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer:
    How much have you tried cranking it with out it firing up? Maybe you killed the battery, or wore it down so it won't fire.

-Barron
  15. JWhitmore44

JWhitmore44 pistolero

Oddometer:
    Check and make sure you didn't accidentally hit the kill switch. Not that I have ever done that :lol3
  16. Mossy-Back

Mossy-Back Nookie Monster

Oddometer:
    My XR must be a freak... over 27k miles on it and doesn't use a drop of oil between changes.
  17. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine uses that much but it has 32K on it.
    The valve seals are probably dry rotted.
    My bike sat for a long time before I got it.
    It didn't use any oil for a while then sort of all the sudden it would smoke at start up and use about 1 oz per 200 miles or so.

I know I need to do a top end job on it but I'm too hammered to do it now. Been drinken home made Texas beer, man I gota get into that stuff.
  18. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:

LOL, it just fell over? Right. Heard that one before.
    Maybe check the clutch micro switch?

The clutch is still on the left side aye, I so hammered I can't remember.
  19. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
  20. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't tap on the CDI unit. Give it a good rap or two. :deal

If the solder joints have failed, you are trying to knock the connections back into place.

Spud :beer