College Hockey in HD!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PhilSpace, Jan 9, 2004.

1. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    I couldn't believe it - in December we got three new HD channels for free (yeah right - like no additional charge) from Cox, ESPNHD, INHD1 and 2. I was flipping through the new channels tonight and on INHD1 (yup, not ESPN) is the Cornell/Harvard Hockey game in HD and Dolby Surround - it fuckin rocks!

I called my dad (I'm the black sheep - only one in three generations that didn't go to Cornell), who is a grad, in the Ag dept there for a while and lives 7 miles from the campus and he is pissed because he can only get it on the radio - this is cool!:dj

First period is over with - on a quick post and beer break - 2 zip Cornell!:freaky :1drink
  2. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Between periods I flicked to the other channel and it's a one hour special on New Hampstah and the White Mountians - even covering the fair in Sandwich - damn I am starting to wonder why I stayed in VA - makes you miss flugistan.
  3. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    HOCKEY:huh :bash

The best part is watching the new and very stupid little Airdale bitch try to watch hockey.
  4. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    This year hasn't been great for Cornell, but they are currently kicking Harvard's butt. The high school team was OK, but I didn't go to Ithaca so I'm biased.

I'm also biased against Cornell, as the black sheep I also turned my offer from MIT and went to Clarkson - as an undergrad you never saw a prof at MIT (but I did get into Eggerton's lab), Clarkson was a lot of fun, learned a lot and the beer was always cold:1drink Besides, we also kicked Cornell and BU's ass when I was there:drums
  5. murgatroid42

murgatroid42 Great Adventurer

Oddometer:
    CLARKSON!?! No wonder you like college hockey. I went to RPI, and at the time Cornell and especially Clarkson were big rivals. Clarkson really likes hockey, and they are much more fun to be around than the straight-laced Cornell preppies.

I've been to Cornell twice to watch hockey games, and everytime I expressed my opinion of them by urinating on the outside of a building.

Some friends and I made the trip north to watch a Clarkson game. We were in the Clarkson student section. The students in the row above us actually "smuggled" in a 15 gal. keg of beer. They were very drunk, and told us that if RPI won, they would kill us. RPI lost, :bluduh so our lives were spared. It was a great time.
  6. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    That's my Alma Mater, we used to sneak booze and kegs into games - it was a shit load of wanna be drunk engineers against some very stupid security folks. When I was there the original arena burned down, many of us were arrested for attempting to put the fire out by pissing on it - we were all on the other side of the street drinking beer and cheering the fire on.

Every frat got two beer blasts a year to make money - every blast consumed 115 kegs and the beer would generally be gone in 4 to 4.5 hours some times less if it was warm - them were the days - nickel beer nights and ugly women! :freaky