World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    LOL, just got a Kamikazi award I never expected...

After a while of being somewhat effective with my tier-5 Hummel as an arty, I went into rage mode and entered the town as a TD. Knocked out a Tiger II they were having trouble with, then went for the last guy. Turns out that last guy, a T28 tier-8 American TD, was headed down the main alley coming right at me.

Racing his direction I started angling to make him have to stop and try to aim, so instead he either shot and missed, or maybe shot at someone behind me. I took my chance and stopped, then shot TD-style down the alley which hit and tracked him, and sorta spun him a little to the side to aim his gun away. "Awesome," thought I. The Hummel is kinda quick, so I used that opportunity to race up and try to jam myself beside him to hold him there until someone on my team could get a good shot. Instead, BAM! I hit and angle against him only to get a message that I killed it. :evil

[​IMG]

Victory!
    Battle: Ensk Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:09:27 AM
    Vehicle: Hummel
    Experience received: 1,462 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 21,963
    Battle Achievements: Kamikaze

Camo is probably one of the biggest skills for arty, but with the Hummel's speed (and some other German artys' speed and toughness... I once got a Kamikazi award in something like a Grille, but that was a low-speed impact when I accidentally backed in to a larger tank that had just raced along and killed 4 of my team, so I was trying to get away, but backed in to his path instead), I am gonna seriously consider training up "Controlled Impact" for the driver since I keep this Hummel around.
  2. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    i used the ram and shoot at the last second method with the hummel before also
  3. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    He was already in and on TS the other day, was just curious as to what his forum handle was. My power cut due to monsoon in a game yesterday.
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    He must be somebody's friend, then.....
  5. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    That's me..

My WoT cat0020 ccount is tied up to another clan... not JTF as the 1st page of this thread anymore, but 155th.

Que_Pasa is my designated French tank tree account.
  6. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Updated 1st post...
  7. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Muchas gracias

Few frustrating battles on my own this evening..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Better results once platooned with fellow ADV Riders, TeamSpeak is eccential for effective platon play:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wondering if it would be ok for a guy that I work with to join up with the clan....he is a night dispatcher so he can only play a little during the day.

His ID is
    Obstf._Ebrenz

Thanks. He is actually better at the game then I am, biggest tank he has at the moment is a stug
  9. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking for post on how to fix the ADV sticker on the front of the tank....can't find it....could someone point me in the direction again....thanks.

Sorry I have not been platooning much lately....just felt so crappy lately.....had to AFK quite a few times last night for bathroom runs.

Hopefully tomorrow night I will be up for some playing with the mics and such.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    [klay] essential [/klay] :lol3

Post #1567
  11. brewer90

brewer90 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18984122&postcount=1567
  12. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I tried those instructions, but it didn't work. The link to follow was broken. If someone that has downloaded the CustomFilesCache.rar file email it to me, I would be grateful. I miss my stickers.

Last night pretty much sucked. I got a couple wins, but man, I couldn't make anything work.

I'm beginning to really dislike that 6 pdr on both tanks.
  13. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:

it was broke for me yesterday as well. I even put in a ticket to see if they would give me a different one. nope sent me the same link. going to try it again later.
  14. Bodwick

Bodwick Ultracrepidarian

Oddometer:
    I had a good round in the T-50-2 the other night.
    [​IMG]

Great fun racing around annoying people. The abuse that get's thrown at you can be interesting. You can cause an easy victory by simply distracting enough players to let your team walk all over them. Of course at times a simple mistake can induce death after moments of play.

I've set up a US account and would be interested in volunteering to join the clan... I bought a Churchill and shouldn't take too long to build up a stable.

I'm fighting as Bodwick on both the EU and US servers.
  15. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Bodwick, welcome to FYYFF....your invite is out there.

OConnor, please add him to the first post when you get a chance.
  16. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Bodwick, that's simply an awesome game. Seems like you're one of those T-50-2 drivers that looks so pro out there... I really hope you don't mind if, for the first time we team up, I shoot your T-50-2 at the start just to get it out of my system... ('cause you f%ckers are so damned hard to hit any other time) Afterward I'll more than happy to play with ya :rofl
  17. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Been enjoying the Soviet side tanks, and decided to try out their SPGs. I'm not the best player in the world, but holy crap is it slow gaining XP. Is there a secret way to run arty, or does the SU-18 just suck?
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    The SU-18 just sucks......that's the only tank that I've played so far that I gave up on.
  19. Bodwick

Bodwick Ultracrepidarian

Oddometer:
    Thanks Smurf, joined now...

That was an unusually good round Dave, time will tell if my improving tactics pay off in the long run... Feel free to take a shot :lol3 I carry a repair kit...

Looking forward to teaming up with everyone...

:freaky
  20. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I remember the SU-18, hard grind even with 100% crew.

I had better luck swith it in TD mode, hide in a small bush.

Look for opportune victims, knock out unsuspected prey when their HPs are already low.. cause onceo you fire, they've spotted you.