Tiger XC accessories / farkles thread

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Xcountry-Rider, Nov 4, 2012.

1. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
  2. bluesman

bluesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Surprisingly they are not...I was worried about same, but since first time (with slightly bad bars) I installed them myself I found that panels indeed can be removed without removing bars at all, everything else just open, no interference.
    However, to install them you have to remove front side panels - otherwise it is pain in the a...e to access front upper mounts system.
    If you ever try to install those - take note, that you will need loooong extender with 14 mm head to access front engine mounts nuts from "opposite" side across bike. In this case you do not need to remove tank etc., just side panels and rad side panels.
  3. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
    Mark you had to do some grinding correct? Anything else you can tell us about the install?
  4. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    I actually did use the big bar adapter on the throttle side, but obviously the orange Tiger you have pictured in the first post did not. If I had done more fiddling I could have worked out the same thing.

I did do a little grinding with a Dremel inside the regular bar clamp for the clutch side handguard, just to facilitate being able to mount it a little further down the handlebar. I didn't have to take off much metal though.

--mark
  5. jphish

jphish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doc D - Thanks for the tutorial. VERY helpful. Do any of those after market handguards appear to accomodate a Kaoko throttle control. seems Touratech would (with less protection?) but not sure about the others. Trade offs I suppose - but use my Kaoko quite a bit on the long rides. Thanks, j
  6. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    I really have no idea.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
  7. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup...get some time in the seat without them first....and Rocky Mtn ATV has great prices on the rox...like about $80 bucks when i got mine.

Be careful whe you install them.. The clutch cable gets streached a little tight when locking the steering.
  8. phillipsrog

phillipsrog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The fit isn't perfect. It takes some pretty substantial spacers and the clamps don't mate perfectly with the bars, but it's an option.
  9. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Looks like all of them are just a plastic spoilers without a metal/aluminum spine. Am i missing something?
  10. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    That actually looks really sharp. Can we get more pics from different angles? You know this triumph frame guard would look really awesome with that as well. It goes for about $90 US.

[​IMG]
  11. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I was on my way to work this morning on the freeway using my mirrors of course to switch lanes and was thinking about these mirrors. How good are they? Seems like my glove would be in the way of seeing them and could be a bit of a safety concern. Anyone have them? Are they big enough?
  12. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    Is the Speedo on the Tiger pretty accurate? I know my Wee was WAY off and my KLR is a little off, but on the KLR I didn't have to worry about tickets much. But on the Tiger... Better make sure it is accurate! :lol3
  13. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Its about 2-3 mph optimistic with the stock countershaft sprocket. With the 15tooth, more like 6-8mph. I keep the gps on the bars for speed accuracy.
  14. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    I don't have GPS mounted so figured I'd better check. Thanks!
  15. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    I have the HDB setup and absolutely love the mirrors. Once I got used to them, (which really meant adjusting where I point my eyeballs) I found they are actually better than the stock mirrors for the wider field of view and utility. If you lanesplit, they might be a little wide, but that's of no concern for me.
  16. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    That's only for non-ABS. ABS Tigers use the ABS for the speed sensor so you don't get any difference with sprocket changes.

BW, at 80mph on the speedo you are going about 76mph on the GPS.
  17. TABR

TABR Lost Again

Oddometer:
    Exellent thread, the stock hand gaurds really won't protect your lever ends from snapping off this happened to me a week after I had my bike(clutch lever). After veiwing this I just have to choose which ones to get.
  18. fbj913

Oddometer:
    yes, click on the link. there is an entire different part that is attached to the top of the hand guards. I'll see if I can dig up a better pic to explain...

another link of the exact part...http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/ACERBIS-RALLY-PRO-SPOILERS-BLACK
  19. fbj913

Oddometer:
    here you go. its an old pic but you can see the lip on the top of the hand guards attached from the back...

[​IMG]
  20. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    The ABS models are not affected by changing the sprockets due to the loaction of the speed sensor. Compared to my GPS I am about 4 MPH slower on the Tiger speedo.