Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobrags

cobrags Lost ADVR

Oddometer:
    Thanks Pool!
    In on batch being made!
    Thanks.
  2. WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer:
    PS, hope you PM or email those of us with airs when you start taking orders for the cool. I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread since it looks like energy will continue to be focused on the air into the foreseeable future.
  3. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Yes WB, if you purchased an Air, you'll get a notification email about the IICE Cool and IICE Smooth sent
    to your PayPal email address. I am sure that JJ will have a field day with the group mailing email tool. :deal

<BR>
  4. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Assembly report.

I almost finished the current batch, it should be in the epoxy on Thursday.
    With the current hot weather, the 2 cure times will be 36 hours or less.

Parts are arriving for the upcoming batches.

<BR>
  5. BenFongTorres

BenFongTorres Banned

Oddometer:
    It would appear I am not the only 'high maintenance' (PS's description of me to me in a PM), customer that wants what he pays for in a timely fashion. Get used to it Zenrider. Better start practicing that Zen technique now. :deal

This operation's fine print - "money up front, product sent when we get around to it."

Explain this away with whatever BS reply you want to Poolside. Scrolling back through this thread there are several patronizing, borderline sarcastic answers you provide your paying customers to choose from. Bottom line, in the USA in 2012 people want what they pay for when they pay for it...AND they want customer service. Deal with it or get out of selling stuff.
  6. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    If I weren't a nice guy I would let you in on the secret, one that everybody knew (except a few of you) BEFORE they purchased their 'custom build to order' product.

Hint, instant gratification is a social disease.

JJ
  7. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    If you buy one now, you won't be waiting as long.

- You got the characters right, Denial9. He's smarmy, and I'm sarcastic.

<BR>
  8. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I have an idea.

If you buy another one today, I'll follow up by refunding your original purchase.
    That should reset your internal waiting period, and might bring you some relief.

<BR>
  9. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Actually at this point you guys should look into having someone else handle production. Probably way cheaper than you realize. There are many companies that produce good quality low volume runs of products like these and once they get tooled up can do production runs periodically on demand. Some will even hold them and ship direct for you.

Your product is clearly viable... in fact you could probably find someone to distribute and produce them and just give you a percent of each sale. That way you can focus on product improvements and R&D on other products.

One thing you do need is a decent web site and application to automate managing the updates on progress and documentation and marketing material, etc... If you need someone to handle that for you PM me... I can help there!
  10. caljw

caljw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey dude......CHILL
  11. EKinOR

EKinOR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You must have read a different thread than I did when I ordered mine. Sure, I'd like to have my Ice Air as soon as I pay for it, but it was pretty clear to me when I ordered that, 1) production would not start until 30 orders were received; and 2) once 30 were ordered, production would begin. Not sure how you missed that. Yes PS/JJ said they were hoping to ship by a particular date that has now passed, but they never guaranteed a ship date. If you want a similar product (though not 100% the same) immediately, go buy a Booster Plug. I'm sure PS/JJ will refund your order.
  12. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:

You mean, "you will get things done the way you agreed to".

If a customer desires something they didn't agree to, that's hardly non-responsive.

You are certainly welcome to voice your opinion of the facts, freedom of speech and all that.
    But misrepresentation has no place here.

&#8195;&#8595;

The records show that you are C.T., ID., and you received your IICE Air on May 24.

What's all your ranting and noise about?

<BR>
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    You've had your IICE Air since May 25.

<BR>
  14. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Zen if I understand the situation correctly you have convinced me that Poolside is someone I am willing to do business with. Why? Because it sounds like Poolside previously had misunderstandings about his ship dates and policy so he changed his message to more clearly reflect what he is offering and to make it more clear hid ship dates are estimates that he cannot always meet. I am ok with that. I am also okay with sending him money up front. Why? Because its clear he would not be able to make and send these things out at all without the funds to buy enough supplies to make a whole batch. Also he was pretty clear that the performance realized is pretty darn subjective and that there does not seem to be be diagnostic tools available that can show the impact of the device because it works in a portion of the bikes performance where diagnostic tools don't target... speed transitions. That happens to be an area I am very interested in achieving optimal performance in. Many people clearly are very happy with what the device does but all Poolside promised is that his device changes the temp sensor signal and explained how that should help a properly performing bike. I think he has been a hell of a lot more forthcoming than MANY more "professional outfits" and I value that. But in the end if Poolside does not make me one of these I won't get one because lets be honest... BMW is not stupid and are facing a lot of pressure in this area... newer bikes will no doubt start to address this area. So for poolside to take a risk and "get more professional" is a risk no one but poolside can decide to do. Lets face it... he's making a few dollars but his design is entirely dependent on bmw's design which poolside cannot control. He's probably wise to proceed with caution.

So you and denial have made your points and poolside addressed it to many of our satisfaction. Thanks for your opinion. You probably cost poolside a fair number of prospective customers by continuing to harp on it and mostly likely more than you lost so its probably a good thing he's not a more established company because a lawyer could probably make a strong case you guys are costing him money for no real purpose and refuse to stop no matter what poolside does. If you don't like people responding to you and challenging your accusations then perhaps a public forum is not where you should be posting your comments. You engaged us by posting publicly so please don't be surprised we don't just accept your words as gospel because of how much you post and how long you been posting. Neither of those details mean you are more or less trustworthy than Poolside or the gentleman you called a name. You calling him names and dragging up an honest mistake on another post does give us some insight into how fair you are.
  15. caljw

caljw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank God...because between you and Denial you have managed to turn this entertaining and informative thread into what amounts to a chick fight. What you both don't seem to get is that Poolside and JJ are operating out of a garage and in the spirit of ADVrider enjoying the ride while providing a product that helps us do just that. Yes is loose and unorganized but that's the fucking point! JJ's comments as "marketing" and poolsides technical info are exactly what I love about ADVrider, no one takes things too seriously....and then you anals come along and start bitching like a couple of girls. Go and ride, it may help.
  16. DriftDragon

DriftDragon Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Zen,
    I think perhaps my posts do sometimes wander from responding to various people in the same stream of comments so please forgive me for that. I also want to say I greatly respect your admission that you were getting a little snarky as you put it... It takes a lot of class to admit mistakes.

I am glad its over too No hard feelings from me towards anyone... I hope you nor anyone else here lets anything prevent us from having good conversation in this forum or others.
  17. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    Denial, you say "jerking around my summer riding schedule", but you received your IICE Air in May.

If I thought that your rants deserved it I would research your accusations and expose them for the fallacies they are. You are, based upon these posts, an outlier. Numerically distant from the rest of the data. It is obvious your intent is to create drama out of your reality. And I see no reason to follow you into your world.

Your 'understanding' of our "business model" is very far off base, and your sense of entitlement is far removed from the people who have gainfully participated here. Because of that, it really doesn't make any difference what you concoct as your opinion, at least for me. You have proven yourself to me to be undeserving of a 'rational' exchange of reasoned information. You want to Bitch Moan and Whine, and anything you can seize upon to enable you to continue to do just that is fine by you.

You want things your way and by dog if you don't get it, well "you guys suck". If you believe that reality is supposed to bend to meet your world view, then you have a larger problem in your life than this simple transaction.

So I'd guess your "You guys suck" pretty much sums up your whole thrust, and from where I sit falls flat and is without substance for me and most other folks.

And just for grins an giggles
    JJ
  18. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Good grief what a lot of crying and mudslinging. Stop already!

Those that seem to have nothing better to do than slander and attack should take it to Jo Mama and get off this site. Your vitriolic and totally useless comments are a waste of space on this forum. Get a life folks. Instead of trying to impress everyone with your acerbic tongues; do the unthinkable: Shut up and go for a ride on your motorcycle.

What a bunch of babies and inflated egos. Hate to break it to you but you are only a legend in your own mind. :brow Your whining contributes nothing to this thread.
  19. super8mm

super8mm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    + Wallowa
  20. Tessitori

Tessitori Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is getting better than a soap opera!

Wait for the product; it's worth the long wait!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.