For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. MFS

MFS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, local buy? Had looked at that myself with a fleeting eye...
    Was a good price for sure, it it was the same, hope you enjoy it! Would have been a big step up for myself from the 690...

Welcome aboard! Hope you stayed dry over their this season.

MFS
  2. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard Bruce, there have been posts of a tech day soon, or perhaps a luncheon; but in any case, Welcome! :clap

Cheers, Brian
  3. Whoopdefraggindo

Whoopdefraggindo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Activated my SPOT yesterday, too bed the weather is looking crappy for the weekend so might not get to test out the tracking feature. :cry
  4. BOBMUNZ

BOBMUNZ In jail for a while.

Oddometer:
    Hey folks, sorry I've been absent for a while, the move and then work has kept me busy.

Some bad news though, on Wednesday I was bootin around along the floodway, and my crappy worn out clutch grabbed at the top of a hill and I went off the bike. The bike doesn't seem to be too damaged, some bending and it should be good, I didn't get a chance to give it a through look over.

The actual bad news is that I may have a torn rotator cuff, I went to the ER and they X-rayed it, said nothing was broken so they gave me some perkoset and a sling and made me an appointment for the Pan-Am clinic and I'll get a thorough assessment done.

Hopefully before long I'll be up and running again and with any luck it's not a rotator cuff just a bad sprain or a muscle as a rotator cuff could mean surgery.

I'll keep you guys posted
  5. silencejinn

silencejinn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Too bad to hear that.
    Wish you all the best and get well ...
  6. SoSlow

SoSlow Having fun

Oddometer:
    Hey Inkdwheels and Bruce126 - thanks for introducing yourselves! I hope to get a chance to meet you!
  7. Whyswoman

Whyswoman The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer:
    :(:This sux BIG TIME, Mr. Munz...although I have to say I am glad that the damages to you and your bike are not any worse...Hopefully your injury will heal quickly (don't bend that elbow too much while waiting...) and you will be up and ready to roll again soon...

Take care...
  8. SoSlow

SoSlow Having fun

Oddometer:
    I'm glad it wasn't worse - heal up quick and let us know how you're doing!

9. Bruce126

Bruce126 justwannaride

Oddometer:
  10. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:

Welcome both of you. I'll watch out for your bikes especially the DRZ.:1drink
  11. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trevor, that sucks. :eek1
    Heal quick!
  12. champ

champ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I seriously recommend seeing Dr at a sports therapy clinic who specialize in this type of injury. Some Antiinflammatory meds (ask Dr for Naproxen-works well) It's important to treat early to minimize further tissue damage from inframmation and increase healing. Personal experience and I'm and RN and have seen others experience improved healing outcomes with early specialized treatment. ER docs are great but they don't specialize in sport injury.
  13. Whoopdefraggindo

Whoopdefraggindo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. BOBMUNZ

BOBMUNZ In jail for a while.

Oddometer:
    I have an appointment at the pan am clinic on Monday and my girlfriends dad is a personal trainer with a degree in kinesiology who has trained athletes who are recovering from the same injury. I'm also lucky that I have physiotherapy coverage from work. Girlfriends dad said depending on what the doc said I could be back to my old self by September, I don't expect to be doing too much riding this year though.
  15. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey 2Whlrider, nice to see your pics at Lockport. I see some similarities with our motorcycle tastes!:clap I wonder how many KLR/Burgie combos are out there!

Attached Files:

16. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Welcome Bruce and Inkdrider. Good to see the ADV gang is growing even bigger. I hope everyone "puts it out there" when they are going for a ride, with an open invitation. It would be great to meet up with everyone over the course of this summer!:freaky We have lots of "names" on this site, but how about some pics of people so we can recognize them? Here is a pic of me and my wife in the rockies.

Attached Files:

• 279.jpg
      279.jpg
      File size:
      164.7 KB
      Views:
  17. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's a shot taken last year of WhysWoman's Burgie and my not so happy KLR in Parry Sound Ontario... (Countershaft seal got damaged in a freak occurence when a chunk of chain guide let go.)
    [​IMG]
  18. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
    I probably don't look too happy either - it was about 32C, humid like crazy, and we sat on that parking lot a looooooooooooooong time - several hours in fact...

This is the only known picture of me wearing a hat EVER published on the web - and if I had known that Piffle person was posting it here, I might have read him the riot act :deal...well, we just won't go there...The fact is I was getting a bit woozy, and wandered in to the CT to get something to cover my scalp, cuz my brains were starting to boil...The only thing they had was this darned white "just do it" cap - and the sentiment seemed apropos, so...
  19. Whyswoman

Oddometer:

WEll, given there are already 3 known Burgie/KLR combos on this one ADVRider regional forum (and a sub-forum at that), I am guessing there may be a few more by next year, despite the somewhat "Odd Couple" appearance when the two bikes are side-by-side...:wings
  20. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet!