Harmonizer Vacuum Multi-Tool -- It ain't your Daddy's Twinmax

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Grok, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexol

Alexol Chronic Farkoholic

Oddometer:
    South La., where I-10 has a curve. One curve.
    I'll of course be following this thread to see how the rest of the world likes the 2-cyl version, and waiting impatiently for the next version.

The Christmas season feels like forever away but it isn't really. And getting it right is more important than just getting it out of the door. Not in love with the possible price, but if it REALLY works, makes tea and coffee, has a hot and cold running maid service, that is survivable. After all, compared to the boatload of money I've ploughed into the Laverda so far...

Probably should have gone for twin carbs on the Norton instead of the single Mikky. Will it balance a single carb? :evil :evil :evil

Alex
  2. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    Yes. Every single time…

JJ :evil
  3. Alexol

Oddometer:
    And best of all, you don't even need to connect it or turn it on... "Close proximity" is enough!

Alex
  4. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can get this one:
    [​IMG]
    for $100. If you don't mind limitations on position, sucking fluid into your motor, replacing evaporated fluid, etc..

About singles: The Harmonizer Gauge Mode gives you precise vacuum and RPM numbers to fine-tune idle RPM and idle mixture :D

The 4-cylinder version will have a gauge mode as well.
  5. Alexol

Oddometer:
    Have one. Hate it.

The Flea Market selling price will ease the pain of the new one. :D

Alex
  6. PaperBoy

PaperBoy Dig that Crazy Beak

Oddometer:
    Oroville, Washington, USA - 48.938665, -119.427047
    Got mine at the P.O. today. Looks great. I couldn't resist hitting that red button thru the Ziplock. Everything came on and seems to be functioning just as it should. Glad I remembered it was auto-shutoff. Put it back in the box and into one of my Zegas and took it home. Can't wait until the weekend to try it out. I think it will be simple enough even for me to use.
  7. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool!
    I put a lot of effort into making it easy to use and making it VERY difficult to use improperly.
    Fighting with the fiddly knobs on the Twinmax (and watching people post video's using the Twinmax improperly) was a big part of the incentive to do the Harmonizer. (That, and the fact my job got shipped to China).

P.S.
    It is auto-shutoff, except in beacon mode. Beacon mode will persist until the mode is changed or the battery is depleted.
  8. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:
    Are there supposed to be any instructions shipped with the unit? Fortunately I read your first post and googled luer connection before I screwed them up:eek1

Looks like a cool device especially the guage function. I'll try it on the airhead tonight.
  9. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Bob,
    The Luer connectors are fairly forgiving - hard to screw up. Even doctors can do it :D

I'm currently not shipping any paper with it.

The instructions on the label give you the basics and the end panel talks about the difference between using the red and yellow ports in gauge mode.

I'm working on a website where there will be video's and other material available, but it's not up yet.

After you try it out, please let me know if you think I need to include some printed material with it.
    The printed material would be a rehash of the information in the first post of this thread.

Looking forward to further impressions/results if you care to share them.
    Thank you!
  10. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:
    ~

Hey, Grok.

Just ordered one from a day or so ago from you. I'm the guy from South Texas. Looking forward to trying it out. I have a Twin-Max I've used for years on twins. As you know, it's OK, but leaves a lot to be desired, hence my order of your unit.

I made the order through the PayPal button on the first page of this thread, and got a PayPal receipt, etc. to "Far Horizons", but nothing since then. Any idea on when my unit will ship?

Thanks!

Dallara - Corpus Christi, TX

~
  11. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Dallara,
    Your unit shipped yesterday 7-21.
    I'm not doing tracking or delivery confirmation to keep shipping charges as low as possible.
    I think it's safe to say you will like it much better than the Twinmax :evil
    Thanks for the order!
    Don't hesitate to give me a shout if there are questions or comments!
  12. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:
    This device is the dogs bollocks. I thought my Twinmax tune was reasonably close but this device is waaaay better. Operation is straightforward and I do like those luer connectors. I especially like the smiley face:D telling me I've got it balanced.

Haven't tried the guage mode yet. Will report back later.
  13. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dogs bollocks? :rofl

I hope that's a good thing!

The smiley is an indication that you are reasonably close, and you are within BMW's idle balance spec for big twins.
    But it's normally easy to get your balance VERY close to zero, well within the "smiley" range.

Glad you like it!
  14. BluByU

BluByU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang Grok!!! I put in my order on Thursday evening and got the Harmonizer on Saturday :clap:clap:clap

OK so I live like 100 miles away :D Still dam fast

The harmonizer looks real nice and simple to use, will give it a try tomorrow.

I had to turn it on, nice clean display. Can't wait to play with my new toy

Will write more as soon as I have time to use it.
  15. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:
    ~

Thanks a ton, Grok!

I really appreciate you getting it shipped so quick. Can't wait to try it on all my twins... The Duc Hyper... My Versys... And my new Yamaha Super Tenere when it gets here and needs to be synched.

I fully understand about the tracking, etc., and I think it's great you're trying to keep the costs down.

And thanks for the discount, too! :D

Take care!

Dallara

p.s. I'm a player for one of the four-cylinder rigs when you've got it ready, so keep me in the loop!

~
  16. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad you got it quickly!
    I wish folks on the east coast were receiving it that fast.
    I may put up some options for expedited shipping once I get an actual employee :D
  17. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    US orders received today (7-26) or thereafter will be shipped US Postal Service Priority Mail.
    It has been taking too long for many customers to receive their orders. Especially on the east coast.
    The change will cut the shipping time roughly in half for domestic orders.
    Thank you all for your orders and patience!

-Mark
  18. ReCycled

ReCycled Long timer

Oddometer:
    D'oh! I placed my order on the 24th.

Why don't you send me two and let them race here?:evil
  19. Grok

Grok Long timer

Oddometer:
    That would severely curtail my profit motive :rofl
    Please accept my apologies. I'm new to this whole shipping business.
    I had one order take 10 days to Vermont - way too long.

Thanks for your patience. I think you will be happy with your purchase.
  20. road2ruin

road2ruin Like new adult owned

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived here in Utah extremely fast. Thanks! Looks like a great product. Will try it out this weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.