Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. freebornman

freebornman pointman

Oddometer:
    ?
  2. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    So I slipped the new(ish) carb on the 530 and she purrs like a kitten. No issues at all. Revs much better than old one.

So that means if any one you know is looking for a good DS PM for details if interested...

You could take it up to Renfro Valley for the National Dual Sport and not have a worry...
  3. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    :clap

I could tell that it wasn't a matter of if, only a matter of when!

Congratulations Vic!

Sweet ride man!
  4. reidinitaly

reidinitaly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry Vic, I couldn't help myself. Saw it and instantly thought of you and Ian... but Ian was so pissed when he road mine I though it better not to bring it to his attention, especially since he just did a complete face lift to his 530 (beautiful bike bro!). Yes, desmog that beast and the first thing to do to it after going to a 14/50 gear combo, is getting a JD 6x Tuner. Install it in the air box after you run all the wires and enjoy the bliss... The springs I put in mine was a PDS-4 in the rear with 108mm of rider sag ( = 35ish mm of static), raise the forks to the second recessed line and install .48kg springs with a 5mm spacer and run the pre-load adjusters (on the top of the fork) at 1.25 turns from full soft. BAM - best handling bike out there. Careful though, you will not spend much time on the front tire. Hell, the last time we went riding, I turned four corners with the end dangling three feet off the ground - Phil is my witness :evil
  5. cpg7562

cpg7562 just me..

Oddometer:

Upgrading? Or repairing?
  6. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Vic - pm sent.
  7. TreeManG23

TreeManG23 TreeMan Racing

Oddometer:
    I was just told about these guys in Alaska who shoot some really cool and funny videos. If you haven't seen their stuff yet go to "Enduro Alaska" or "Metamucil Mulisha" on youtube and watch their vids. Make sure you watch the credits at the end. :D
  8. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    Would love to get a brand new 500 right now and outfit like yours Daryn, but don't have the $$$$ right now and my 530 is still running like a dream with absolutely no complaints!!! I'll try to get some pics of the bike with the new face lift, but right now I have the bike in sumo trim and won't have it in DS trim till I'm up in NC/TN.....:evil
  10. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:

11. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jer,
    Totally missed that post by Big Single.
    Thanks Big Single for the heads up.
    These post on the PAR are pickin up speed and ya gotta be on your toes to keep up.

Yea, I "want" a lot of stuff and a Jeep is on the long list.

First is Rebuild Northwest Florida project getting my home up to current building specifications.
    Toughning up for the next hurricane.

Then carpet and kitchen cabinets painted,,,,,,new bedroom furniture,,,,,,finish closing in the pole barn with two sliding doors,,,,ect,ect,ect.

Perhaps a jeep will someday magically appear in the future for me.
  12. sallad

sallad Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Repairs.. was getting a whole lot of noise from both the rear and the front pinion bearing was on its way out. Changing the ratio slightly from 2.72 to 3.07
  13. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    haha cool, I sent big single a pm about it too.. thats about the right price range for a "toy" truck/jeep :1drink
  14. sallad

sallad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $1500.. sounds like a nice initial investment :D
  15. RuckedUp

RuckedUp Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Rally could have gone better. I pulled what looked like a tire spike out of the rear. A hour before sunset with 40km still to go on the second special of the day in the mountains of course. This zip tie trick you told me about out on the Rez one day saved my ass. It could be heard echoing thru the mountains " FBM is the fooking Man thank god for having meet such helpful people!"

I had to pull out of the rally for way to many reasons to list one being not having a support team. I thought I could pull it off but there were just to many variables I did not know and not enough hours in the day to safely continue.

So I'm down but not beat I'm signing up for the Albania rally in June with a support team from Italy I met in Greece!

Fellow ADV guy Brodovitch and I
    [​IMG]

And so it begins :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the flat but those ralleys are a little more than a nice ride huh:evil

Sound like you are have a blast. Keep us drooling over here.
  17. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    this is what is printed on my KTM MSO from KTM North America

"NOTICE: This vehicle is designed and manufactured for use on Public Highways and complies with all state and federal laws"

What does it say on other bikes like the 450 XC-W?

Just wondering... anyone know for sure?
  18. freebornman

freebornman pointman

Oddometer:
    ?
  19. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    Sweet pics Rucked!!! Keep them coming and keep us dreaming of all the cool rally's and riding you are doing out there!!!:evil
  20. RuckedUp

RuckedUp Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya I cut off the tails. I just pulled the tube that went flat had two holes in it one where the nail was and another small one which looks like it may have been pinched during the instal