Any K bike riders out there?

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Tall_Canuck, Jan 23, 2008.

1. RideOn2

RideOn2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I.had my 94 K75 for three yrs and really liked it. I read about the K1200RS and thought it was a good move forward. I bought my 2000 RS 4yrs ago with 17K on it for $6500. It now has 45K on it, It honestly feels like twice the bike. Very glad I bought it and expect to keep it a long time.
  2. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
  3. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    In parts/farkles alone, that's pretty well over half the price of the bike. Wanna see my invoices??? And that's not including time, not that easy to work on them clutches and tranny/RD seals.Lots of my time involved in that.:eek1

Bags do come up used once in a while, altough this is the wrong time of the year for that you can go look there:

http://marketplace.ibmwr.org/ads/kbas

Go for a test ride and watch them at low speed, they are heavy beasts. As for higher speeds well.....!:wink: It sure has the right tires/suspension.:clap

Buy Buy Buy.....I am going for a ride on mine again today.
  4. owrstrich

owrstrich F O T G

Oddometer:
  5. Chico

Chico Passing through

Oddometer:
    Shout out to big sur!
  6. Tripletreat

Tripletreat Long timer

Oddometer:
    8,000 miles? Why don't you ride it?
  7. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:

That'll do. :clap

And, welcome!
  8. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never understood why it is considered unrider like to go to a coffee house with your motorcycle... I ride about 10k mi a year and drink at least 5 gals of coffee when stopping before bustin out the twisties...:confused
  9. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    A lot of people just don't know what to do with themselves when they start riding. The idea that you use the bike to do what you want escapes them because they need to learn "the rules" that they then try to enforce on others.

I'm a coffee addict too.
  10. seantx

seantx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  11. Mr. G

Mr. G Normal Dude

Oddometer:
    +1 ..... though I only ride about 8k a year

I sure do like the Starbucks......
  12. JakeS

JakeS Yup

Oddometer:
    MMM coffee... I usually ride to coffee, food, motorcycle accessories, food, and then a few times a year PANCAKES..
    Also for trips and enjoyment..
    Who cares where people ride to as long as they ride and enjoy..
  13. Chico

Chico Passing through

Oddometer:
    Posing. "Riding to Starbucks" is shorthand for being a poser. In other words, spending $25k on a bike and 'round-the-world-gear so you look really good when you ride a mile and a half to the Starbucks to let everyone see how adventurous you are. Then you sip your cappuccino in the air conditioning and watch people marvel at all the exotic places you have just come from or are on your way to, before you ride back to your house in the 'burbs, wash the bike and park it next to the minivan.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Real adventurers squeeze their coffee out of the intestines of berry eating bush-varmits. Everyone knows that.
  14. JakeS

JakeS Yup

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHA
    It keeps the economy moving i like them. They spend money on parts they dont need and gear they dont need hopefully from small businesses and it just keeps the world moving. Probably a very small fraction of the world but it all helps
  15. Chico

Chico Passing through

Oddometer:
    What I like is that after a couple years, their hardly-ridden adventure bikes go on the market steeply reduced, for vultures like me!
  16. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:
    Naw, for most of us its just taking little digs at our fellow riders (at least as I see it). Kind of like always busting your best friend's balls on any little thing that doesnt fit the "norm". Made even more fum when the sensitive few start defending their actions. Just roll with it and have fun. We have one of the greatest hobbies there is! :freaky

Well, there is that, too. :lol3
  17. Trinity_Session

Trinity_Session Long timer

Oddometer:
    What is the most active k bike forums? K1200r specifically?

Thanks,
    Chris
  18. owrstrich

owrstrich F O T G

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]:eek1
  19. Unleaded

Unleaded Unit Train

Oddometer:
    www.i-bmw.com is by far the most active forum I've found for new-gen K-bikes.
  20. frogy

frogy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I have an "Old Gen." then.Just picked up a 1985 K100RT with 15000. I will be turning her into a Naked and selling off the "RT" parts.
    Have riden it 50 miles so far and like it.She does have some pep in the meat of rpms of between 5000-6000 but dang she get buzzy.I guess Im just used to my R1150RT.I wish I could get rid of the stock muffler but from what I have read BMW spent a lot of time on the exhaust and you tend to lose power going with a diff. system,oh well I cant see it when Im on the bike:D