Posting map screenshots

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by MrBob, Nov 25, 2012.

1. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think it's really cool when there are screen shots of routes on Google maps posted in Ride Reports.
    How is that done? I'd love to ad those to my RR's.
    Need any instructions to be Mac friendly.
  2. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    Do a screenshot or screen area selection and save it in your photo hosting site and link it from there.
  3. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Okay, figured out how to post screen shots of Google maps and when I used major routes the purple lines are included.
    I haven't figured out how to post routes that I've taken on secondary roads.
  4. chrome bandit

chrome bandit Wide footed adventurer

Oddometer:
    <P>...then make sure you've signed up for SPOTWALLA, which is a) free; b) keeps your trip for enternity (or until their server funding runs out); c) enables you to track routing on a map so you can embed into posts like this...</P>

<IFRAME height=590 src="http://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=501a5008f6cd4ff37&width=580&height=590&scale=on&zoom=10&refresh=no" frameBorder=0 width=600></IFRAME>

<P>SPOT is not free, of course, SPOTWALLA is.</P>

<P>If not SPOT enabled, you can simply draw over a screen capture of a map using a photo editor or PowerPoint or Paint, do another screen capture after you've done your route guidance, save to JPG file, then publish to a photo hosting site and insert it into a forum message.</P>