World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Right, building rubble is the worst. I don't think it is always modeled correctly.
  2. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I just call in arty:lol3
  3. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    I've dealt HE damage to tanks through walls. In particular, with a KV (before the KV-1/2 split) at the hollowed-out building in Malinovka, I've destroyed a tank outright by shooting straight at the wall.
  4. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I've never intentionally shot through walls or hills, but I have had a number of hits that I didn't think should have hit based on how I was moving backward for peek-a-boo and still hit a distant enemy when i should have hit the wall they were being hidden by, or just hidden by, as I drove backwards.
  5. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer

Oddometer:

That happens to me often, killed by tanks completely on other side of buildings, through hills and even through a mountain. Those trainers or whatever they use are getting to be fairly common it seems....not that it matters to me, the majority of my WOT time is in low tier arty with the mrs. but even there I was killed by a m5 from beyond view range and he was moving at almost full throttle. :huh Looks like the popularity of WOT is finally getting the hacking crowd involved.

And yes WOT can be hacked, just like every other large scale online game has.
  6. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Parts of the game can be hacked, but I have yet to see evidence of it in the almost two years (?) I've played it and through what is now about 16k battles through different accounts.

Now I've been in plenty of games where one of my group was called a hacker, and I've (not intentionally) platooned with a few guys who used to report 'hackers' nearly every day for what was very apprently NOT hacking, but then that's all some people can figure.

You can shoot a round, but you can't alter the place it hits (inaccuracy) nor its penetration, from your computer. I'm not sure what all that leaves to hack, but I guess there's got to be something. Trees can be hacked out, but only from vision - not from the camo effect they have on enemies.

When I say that in my experience it's usually the poorer players who see 'hackers' - I mean that, in my experience, it is poorer players seeing it every time.

I've played with some who I regard as a few of the best in the game, and the two things they never, ever, complain about is hackers or arty. That sorta tells me something.

If and when I percieve hacking, I will leave the game. Thus far nearly everthing that has happened - including 'invisible' tanks shooting at me - I fully understand the mechanics of. I'm quite sure I've been called an 'invisible' tank to shoot people, and I've certainly enabled it via spotting with a scout style tank.
  7. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Sam! you missed some Hellcat fun :D

Top gun and something called a "patrol duty" - first time I think I've ever gotten one of those :dunno

[​IMG]
  8. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    For those of you who missed it, Super Brawl weekend starts tomorrow, just in time for me to get a 50% discount on the IS. :D

Tankers!
    Who cares about the Super Bowl when you've got the Super Brawl! This crazy series of in-game discounts and deals will last through the weekend. The Super Brawl will last from 03:30 PST (14:30 UTC) on February 1, 2013 to 03:00 PST (14:00 UTC) on February 4, 2013. Get ready to rumble!
    [​IMG] 100% Credit Increase for the Following Vehicles

IV [​IMG] PzKpfw III
    VI [​IMG] T-150
    VII [​IMG] PzKpfw VI Tiger (P)
    [​IMG] 70% Credit Increase for the Following Vehicles

V [​IMG] KV-1
    V [​IMG] PzKpfw IV
    V [​IMG] M4 Sherman
    [​IMG] 60% Credit Increase for the Following Vehicles

VI [​IMG] KV-2
    VII [​IMG] IS
    [​IMG] 50% Credit Discount on the Following Vehicles

IV [​IMG] PzKpfw III
    V [​IMG] KV-1
    V [​IMG] PzKpfw IV
    V [​IMG] M4 Sherman VI [​IMG] T-150
    VII [​IMG] IS VI [​IMG] KV-2

[​IMG] 50% Gold Discount on the Following Premium Tanks

V [​IMG] Ram II
    V [​IMG] T14
    V [​IMG] Matilda Black Prince

[​IMG] 50% Credit Discount on Equipment

[​IMG] 50% Gold Discount on Garage Slots

[​IMG] 50% Gold Discount on Crew Training/Retraining

[​IMG] x3 Increase in Crew Experience

[​IMG] Discount on Premium Account Time

• Three days for 300
  9. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:

I'm grinding my KV-1S to get my IS tomorrow, so... But yeah I was having fun in the Hellcat between rounds.
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Wow, perfect weekend for me...I was already thinking of dumping my KV-1S and moving the crew over to a T-150 for something different to play.
  11. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Maybe I should head up the Russian heavy line. I've got the SU85, and it's not bad. and I think I have enough credits in teh SU26 to go all the way to tier 10:lol3

Looks like the Tiger P is going to get exercised this weekend. 100% payout:clap

I was having some lag issues last night. One of the worst was in the Church when I was trying to get behind that rock and my system caught up just in time to find out I went past the rock and was getting shot by 1/2 a dozen opfor:huh
    The TD's are almost as bad, I line up for a shot, hit the button and 1/2 a heartbeat later my shot goes off and I miss competely.
  12. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    There is no dumping of the KV-1S if medium Tank Companies appeals to ya. I was doing them so much there for a while that I even bought back a Hellcat and a Grille. All three are permanent residents in the stable now just for TC's, as is the IS-3.
  13. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Cool. I'll join you in TS and help you grind. I have enough XP for the ISUZU but need to save enough to get the finger-of-gawd for it :freaky

Sent from my cell phone reminding me that myopia sucks.
  14. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    This sucks. Just came to the realization that I need to break up my KV-1S crew. The SU-100 → SU-152 jump requires a new loader, and both my current SU-100 crew and KV-1S crews have Brothers in Arms.

Or maybe I should just nuke the Obj212 crew. Decisions, decisions...
  15. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    50% Gold Discount on Crew Training/Retraining
    x3 Increase in Crew Experience

Good time to do some crew optimization. I think one of my Russian heavy crews is about to become a Russian TD crew and one of my American Medium crews is about to become an American Heavy crew.

How big of an impact does Brothers in Arms have? I have several crews with Sixth Sense on the commander but they aren't to their 2nd perk (97%). I don't know that I want to give up 6th sense for BIA?
  16. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    A 75% loader isn't going to hurt the already slow SU-152 load enough. I'd just create one.
  17. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    That's the answer. For KV-1S, it is pretty huge. For the russian TDs...better to train camo methinks. I'll just recruit a new loader and reset BiA on the rest of the crew.
  18. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    BTW, check this out. SU-152 recovered from a field in Ukraine.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cZjx6ItATW4?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

That gun is terrifying.
  19. frecks

frecks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's why I decided to get the KV-1S in the first place. With the sale this weekend, I honestly think I'm going to buy an IS, T-150, and a KV-2 just because I have them all unlocked. It will probably delay my getting my E50 by a week or two, but I can be patient. I should have around 3 million credits after I sell my Panther II. I had been saving those up for the E50 and was only 500k short, but I'll probably be starting off at 0 again after buying those tanks and as much equipment as I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  20. frecks

frecks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn, I have a dilemma. I want to use the sale to retrain my Panther II crew for the E50, but that requires me to have an E50 and buying an E50 would mean that I don't have enough silver to buy the other stuff I want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2