2014+ DL1000 Vstrom

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by The Game, Sep 11, 2012.

1. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    That car is now cool. Apparently.

Almost as coll as an AMC Gremlin.
  2. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
  3. ssregal39

ssregal39 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    party on garth!:rofl
  4. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Reading this thread lately makes me think, maybe they should actually make another, little bit prettier version of this bike for poser bikers?? Pink would probably be a perfect colour for it, with golden switches, footpegs and mirrors, and would also help to stand out of the crowd – which, afterall, is the most important thing in motorcycling :lol3
  5. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is true, I think it needs some brand names plastered all over it as well.

Suzuki should make a Louis Vuitton - Gucci - Ray Ban - Cartier - Rolex - Hennessy - Moët & Chandon - Strom.

And sell it for a bargain basement price of $100,000 Dollars. Then everyone will be happy.
  6. jeeves

jeeves don't ask...

Oddometer:

Current KLR owner?

Sent from my GT-S5570I
  7. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, even uglier – two Wee-Stroms!
    But I always try to avoid riding where there might be mirrored walls, as they cause me great shame.​
  8. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I rode the 1200 Dorso. I've had many twins (sport and otherwise) and curently I have a tricked out SV1000 and aDl1000 and in my opinion the Dorso 1200 motor is absolutely hands down the best. capo aperently is the same motor untouched. Also in my opinion this is the best looking out of the bunch.
  9. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    You feel shame?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eGKdle1bbvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:

well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. IMO all of these "adventure" bikes are ugly. The least ugly would be the Honda CrossTourer, but we don't get that one - yet.

The beauty of these bikes is not in how they look, it's in how they ride. If your bike is fun to ride, you probably will not care what it looks like.
  11. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    the more I look at this v-strom concept, the better I like it. I would say "lose the red" everywhere but the valve covers. I like black on black for this bike.

The usd fork and radial mounted brake calipers excites me. I think the luggage looks good, and I am glad to see the muffler is low and on the right.

My problem with Suzuki has more to do with the quality of their products than the performance. I know lots of people have put big miles on v-stroms, but the clutch was shot in mine at 25,000 miles. Despite the extended warranty, Suzuki would not make it right.

I really enjoyed that bike though. It was fun to ride, comfortable ( I did a 900 mile day on it), handled well, sounded good, and could be loaded like a pack mule.

[​IMG]
  12. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why'd you do so little miles? I completed a Bun Burner Gold on mine!
  13. precarious

precarious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a flukey clutch. I had 93K on mine with a healthy daily wheelie regimen.
  14. mrbreeze

Oddometer:

I was home after 900 miles. Started in western Kansas, home is about an hour south of Nashville. I just never wanted to stop because I only had enough money for a flea bag of a hotel, and gas. So I just kept going. Got home about 1:30 AM. It wasn't meant to be an IBA ride.

After that experience, I have no desire to do an IBA ride either! :lol3
  15. mrbreeze

Oddometer:
    probably was, but according to what I was seeing on the V-Strom forums, I was not the only one. And if it was a fluke, why wouldn't Suzuki honor the warranty and fix it?
  16. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A couple of pics from the Milan bike show earlier this week. the bike was in a glass display case so it was not really possible to get any good close up shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Geez, it would look too much like the new white ST then! :norton
  18. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only jaumev's white ST. The Touratech sticker makes up for all of the above.
  19. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    The Versys may be goofy looking or even ugly to some, but at least it's original. This new Vee is just a bad copy of something.

I was never fond of the old look, but it was growing on me. This thing, I dunno.

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  20. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics from Milan. I was planning to go, but couldn't due to injury.

Those angles convince me even more that the only real problem with the bike is the beak. But it looks like it could be an easy solution of simply removing it and put some mesh in the holes that remain.